Zero Escape 3 Official JP Website Opens, TRAILER COMING 17/3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Funyarinpa

16 hours ago, Decay said:

So the information that's coming out about this seems to be that they want it to be more "cinematic." They're basically eliminating the narration/reducing the level of prose and making the entire thing playable on voices alone. 

I've never played Zero Escape, but considering narration tends to be one of the more ... terribly executed aspects of translated VNs (pretty much ALL translated VNs,) I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Provided they can appropriately convey that information with the art, dialogue, and other stuff, of course.

10 hours ago, grim_tales1 said:

Not sure how I feel about "cinematic scenes" with no text parts. I guess if you can press a button to advance the story and not just "watch" it that wont be so bad.

It was weird hearing the trailer in English as I only played VLR in Japanese, but Zero's voice is amazing.

of course it's amazing,that's Wesker from Resident Evil and Legion from Mass Effect playing Zero!

I really, really expect them to have subtitles. In a story driven game not to have them in cinematic scenes, or at least the option to it is totally bad. Not only they would limit the full imersion to those who can understand the language perfectly in English, they would shove away all deaf fans of Zero Escape. And of course whoever plays it in japanese and doesn't understand it .-.

5 hours ago, Decay said:

It seems unlikely that it will be a VN in any context at all. If I was to take a wild guess, it will probably be closer to a Telltale game than the previous two.

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that, seems an odd change of direction IMO to finish a trilogy.
I havent played any Telltale games I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, Decay said:

It seems unlikely that it will be a VN in any context at all. If I was to take a wild guess, it will probably be closer to a Telltale game than the previous two.

It's possible that the cutscenes will still wait for the text to advance.

The JP dub is infinitely superior, by the way.

'Aksys said it will announce a release date for the Steam launch later this year. Windows PC ports of the previous installments in the series, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward, are not currently in the works, however.'

:komari:

It's getting to the stage where I'm considering purchasing a DS for the express purpose of playing 999. Pretty confident it'll be money well spent too.

Either way, this looks really cool, and I love that artwork. I doubt it'll be worth/wise to go through it without having done at least 999 beforehand however... I'm open to being told otherwise though :sachi:

43 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

'Aksys said it will announce a release date for the Steam launch later this year. Windows PC ports of the previous installments in the series, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward, are not currently in the works, however.'

It's getting to the stage where I'm considering purchasing a DS for the express purpose of playing 999. Pretty confident it'll be money well spent too.

Either way, this looks really cool, and I love that artwork. I doubt it'll be worth/wise to go through it without having done at least 999 beforehand however... I'm open to being told otherwise though :sachi:

Go play 999 already you cuck, emulate it if you have to (although getting a DS is a 100x better option, if you don't have a Vita just buy a 3DS to play VLR and ZTD as well on it but if you do have a Vita the DS will do)

54 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

If you have an iOS device, you can buy this just for 5$- https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/999-the-novel/id741073964?mt=8

1 hour ago, Scorp said:

If you have an iOS device, you can buy this just for 5$- https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/999-the-novel/id741073964?mt=8

Don't do this. This version completely removes puzzles and the character interaction that takes place during them, and the game IS better on DS for one other, plot reason. The only thing the iOS port of 999 is good for is a speedy REPLAY, at best. Emulate the DS version if you're not willing to buy a DS copy.

Just now, Funyarinpa said:

Don't do this. This version completely removes puzzles and the character interaction that takes place during them, and the game IS better on DS for one other, plot reason. The only thing the iOS port of 999 is good for is a speedy REPLAY, at best. Emulate the DS version if you're not willing to buy a DS copy.

You are speaking like you played IOS version, my friend. But I see that it is not so...

Just now, Scorp said:

You are speaking like you played IOS version, my friend. But I see that it is not so...

There are factual traits about the iOS version (no puzzles, etc.) that make it the inferior version for me. Without going into further spoilers, I'll just say that DS is truly the intended platform for 999. Playing it any other way is doing it a disservice (and I'm saying this as someone who emulated it on PC my first time around).

Just now, Funyarinpa said:

There are factual traits about the iOS version (no puzzles, etc.) that make it the inferior version for me. Without going into further spoilers, I'll just say that DS is truly the intended platform for 999. Playing it any other way is doing it a disservice (and I'm saying this as someone who emulated it on PC my first time around).

Do not speak about inferior version before you played it. All important info which you get in normal game within puzzles is there. I did not played it till the very end though.

Just now, Scorp said:

Do not speak about inferior version before you played it. All important info which you get in normal game within puzzles is there. I did not played it till the very end though.

(999 spoilers)

Spoiler

Although I believe choices that relate to the True END (bookmark etc.) in fact ARE there, stuff like the robot's head behind Door 8 starting to burn is omitted to my knowledge.

I don't know about the ios version, but I believe the last puzzle, although a simple sudoku, was really important to the ending, and I'd like to know how they handled it.

However, for the sole purpose of the story [and to avoid the whole repetition of the puzzles], I think the iOS version should be alright. I really didn't care about the puzzles anyway.

And I think it is IMPOSSIBLE to play the third game without the first ones. You could argue that the story is understandable and easy to pick, but I think the most important pieces would be lost, since the third game is a direct sequel to VLR, which gave the beginning of the story in its ending. Really, just play both games, you have nothing to lose

32 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Story? You guys actually follow the story? I just stumble around at random solving puzzles and trying to be a good guy. Then all the balderdash happens and I just stand around looking dumb.

This, 100% this :makina:

ZE's story is aight, what I really REALLY enjoy are the plot revelations & mindscrews. And standing around looking dumb

Some more Q&A

Q: Now that Zero Escape series is coming to an end, what do you as a creator want to do next?

A: With Zero Time Dilemma we changed to a more cinematic method of storytelling and the honest reason is people don’t like reading. Cinematics are much more direct and it’s much easier to keep people invested in a story. While adventure game genre has a lot going for it, it also has a high barrier of entry.

~~
Fk people that don't like reading :pyaa:

4 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Some more Q&A

Q: Now that Zero Escape series is coming to an end, what do you as a creator want to do next?

A: With Zero Time Dilemma we changed to a more cinematic method of storytelling and the honest reason is people don’t like reading. Cinematics are much more direct and it’s much easier to keep people invested in a story. While adventure game genre has a lot going for it, it also has a high barrier of entry.

~~
Fk people that don't like reading :pyaa:

you use it with :pyaa: but I'd fully agree. Fuck people who don't like to read. 

Also if they make it some sort of VN-passerby-friendly bullshit and keep real fucked up or real confusing stuff out of it I'll probably lose my faith in everything. I have so much riding on this game it's not even funny.