Zero Escape 3 Official JP Website Opens, TRAILER COMING 17/3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Funyarinpa

5 hours ago, Scorp said:

Whoever did clothes designs, that's... Ridiculous.

CdIE2yYUIAAFYJN.jpg

WTF is that?? Swimsuit made of wool?

This is not the first time they make idiotic decisions about clothes, for example Junpei in 999 was wearing two vests... Really, why not, everyone does that... Right?

JunpeiBlood.png

Phi has lovely legs.

On 10/3/2016 at 7:10 AM, Scorp said:

VLR is the only game I completed on 3DS, after all :) 

Spot on... 3DS shits on DS' legacy.

I managed to complete VLR and Tales of the Abyss... because a Tales game is always fine.

Downright sold Etrian Odyssey IV and Persona Q... not my thing, not now.

Not completed yet Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Conception 2 and Rune Factory 4... mainly because of burnout. None of these games have hooked me for long enough. I think I should get shorter games from now on.

No no no, we can't have Snake. if Snake was in this, they'd have to remove Dilemma from the title, that guy is rigged.

Saw the trailer. I played everything in JP, so hearing EN voices was kinda weird. Anyways yeah, dunno how2feel about cinematic cutscenes > VN text style. Guess we'll see how it goes

I reckon Phoenix Wright has the best anime 3D to date, but this is still a step up from VLR ^_^

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

I hope that character will have some significant role, but I have a feeling it will be just be a quick cameo if anything ;-;

Based on the ending of VLR though, with the whole they'll find a way to get back there, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Maybe another mini Flash game like they did with VLR :yumiko:?

3 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Nah, this is a huge improvement over VLR in all respects 

Junpei is still derpy though 

Back in 2000 there were companies, who did 3d on PS2 which looked much better that this. 15 year ago, man. Like, look at Resident Evil Revelations for example which was released for same platform years ago. Why Chunsoft stuck in early-3d era gfx idk. I am fine with 2d story, really, but Chunsoft in 3d is absolutely horrible.

Not sure how I feel about "cinematic scenes" with no text parts. I guess if you can press a button to advance the story and not just "watch" it that wont be so bad.

It was weird hearing the trailer in English as I only played VLR in Japanese, but Zero's voice is amazing.

7 hours ago, Okarin said:

What do you think of Conception 2...? That was also in 3D.

Well, same thing, just not cell-shaded. It is no match even for FFX made 15 years ago. And if just do not think about very big-budgeted titles - even Extreme Beach Volleyball looks better (created 13 years ago!).

I do not speak about FFXII or other big-budgeted things, which obv matter, but really, almost any 3D game made NOT by Chunsoft in 3D in 2015 make it look like outdated shit. Compare that Conception with Resident Revelations. Chunsoft just do not have skills or lack of... lack of everything what is essential. They are ok with design, but unable to work properly with 3D. So all looks like it is blast from the past, every game from them I saw was like "wtf, is that really Vita/3DS?". Yeah, I read the VN not for graphic, that's for sure, but now they decided to make me looking into these eye-aching gfx ALL THE TIME. Cinematic, do not make me laugh.

The amount of qqing over #graphicsareEVERYTHING!@#$!!1 by Scorp is real, but I do see his point. There are a fair number of other Vita games that have better looking 3D models than what Chunsoft is putting out, and yes it will matter because of their decision to go cinematic cutscene narrative.

I personally however don't give a damn :P. Gfx could've been better, sure, but it'l never be a dealbreaker for me.