Ever read a vn just for a certain seiyuu?

mitchhamilton

sometimes ill come across a visual novel and notice my favorite seiyuu (voice actress/actor) is in it and that makes me want to read it all the more. i have two that i read visual novels for. first is Itou Shizuka who you might know as Christiane Friedrich from maji de watashi ni koishina sai!, morishima haruka from amagami the visual novel and the anime, and as kozue takanashi from working.

but my absolutely favorite seiyuu is Hoshizaki Iria who you might know as Kotori Habane from If My Heart Had Wings. ive been looking at her vndb page and her mal page and have to watch/read whatever she is in.

how about you? if you come across a vn randomly and learn your favorite seiyuu is in it, is it a must read?

Maybe. Once. Or more than once. But sometimes not. If a VA has been in over 300 VNs, with varying quality and genres (nukige, nakige, charage, whatever-ge), then it probably wouldn't be good for my sanity to even attempt to see it all. Nor would I be enjoying just browsing through a bunch of stuff just for the sake of hearing a voice as much as possible.

15 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

who are some of your favorites?

Hmm, well there are several, though if I have to say one favorite, it's prolly Amane from kono oozora. I love her voice :miyako: 

(She has been in a bunch of my favorite VNs, including some of my favorite yuri VNs. Can't beat that :makina: )

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Hmm, well there are several, though if I have to say one favorite, it's prolly Amane from kono oozora. I love her voice :miyako: 

i usually have a good ear for seiyuu's and im surprised to learn shes been in several vns i read yet i never noticed her. must be the talent. im guessing you first heard her voice in sonohanabira didnt you? :makina:

Just now, mitchhamilton said:

i usually have a good ear for seiyuu's and im surprised to learn shes been in several vns i read yet i never noticed her. must be the talent. im guessing you first heard her voice in sonohanabira didnt you? :makina:

:yumiko: N-No ... 

Actually Kono oozora was one of my first VNs, so I heard her there first :miyako: 

Recognized her in Katahane as well. Belle has such a soothing voice. 

Love when a voice actor can change his or her voice so much that it´s actually difficult to notice it´s them. Some people just have the same tone of voice for all their characters. 

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

:yumiko: N-No ... 

Actually Kono oozora was one of my first VNs, so I heard her there first :miyako: 

Recognized her in Katahane as well. Belle has such a soothing voice. 

Love when a voice actor can change his or her voice so much that it´s actually difficult to notice it´s them. Some people just have the same tone of voice for all their characters. 

it is nice that they can do that. im trying to think of another example of a seiyuu doing lots of work and yet you could never tell since he/she change their voice enough so its almost unrecognizable.

1 minute ago, johnnysasaki said:

kinda surreal how much hentai Navi from Zelda Ocarina of Time has done...

dude 0__0.............................................................................................................................................................................................................. you just blew my frickin mind. i never knew she was navi. i now love navi!

My answer in regard of this topic, I think yes I had. In regard of that, the seiyuu was Mizukiri Keito. She had such unique range, and guess I kind of like her voice a little back in Yumina. So, when I learned that Soukoku no Artertal had MT narration patch (Mind that the translation was bad, just in case you think I praise the translation) and learn that Mizukiri had role in there, I got Soukoku and patched it. Her role was Akari (MC girl best friend) in there, and yes she had same voice as Yumina. Oh, she was also voiced Chiho in Evangile.

@mitchhamilton Did you play Kamidori by the way? Although the character in question was only side character, your Hoshizaki played Ragsmuena by the way aka the reaper, and her voice was very different from Kotori in Konosora. And if you want to hear more, maybe played Bunny Black 2 since Hoshizaki also voiced Filianne there, although Bunny Black 2 might be hard though.

Oh, if some of you had interest in hearing Kaori Mizuhashi voice and Gogyou Nazuna (Ryouko Ono) voice, I'd recommended Madou Koukaku, even though the patch here was also MT. I kind of forget if I played for the seiyuu or not, but if some of you also Norio Wakamoto fan, go play it if the reason you play VN was only to hear Wakamoto voice.

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

My answer in regard of this topic, I think yes I had. In regard of that, the seiyuu was Mizukiri Keito. She had such unique range, and guess I kind of like her voice a little back in Yumina. So, when I learned that Soukoku no Artertal had MT narration patch (Mind that the translation was bad, just in case you think I praise the translation) and learn that Mizukiri had role in there, I got Soukoku and patched it. Her role was Akari (MC girl best friend) in there, and yes she had same voice as Yumina. Oh, she was also voiced Chiho in Evangile.

@mitchhamilton Did you play Kamidori by the way? Although the character in question was only side character, your Hoshizaki played Ragsmuena by the way aka the reaper, and her voice was very different from Kotori in Konosora. And if you want to hear more, maybe played Bunny Black 2 since Hoshizaki also voiced Filianne there, although Bunny Black 2 might be hard though.

Oh, if some of you had interest in hearing Kaori Mizuhashi voice and Gogyou Nazuna (Ryouko Ono) voice, I'd recommended Madou Koukaku, ebenthough the patch here was also MT. I kind of forget if I played for the seiyuu or not, but if some of you also Norio Wakamoto fan, go play it if the reason you play VN was only to hear Wakamoto voice.

i did play kamidori and forgot she was in it as ragsmuena. i was really happy to learn that was her. she also voiced someone in the first bunny black. the knight girl who could never win against the mc. i stopped playing because someone spoiled an event for me.

i remember hearing chiho's voice in PE and thinking "why does her voice sound so familiar?" so i looked her up and learned she played yumina. Yay! :mare:

Yes I did and I am too (reading sorauta for that reason xD and because it's utsuge )

https://vndb.org/s14 (saya no uta saya) and https://vndb.org/s5 (sumika muv luv)

I love their voices so freaking much, I can play anything if they are doing the voice acting and is not like they worked on bad vns, 90% of their vns are either good or just average, so it's fine :P 

29 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

Yes I did and I am too (reading sorauta for that reason xD and because it's utsuge )

https://vndb.org/s14 (saya no uta saya) and https://vndb.org/s5 (sumika muv luv)

I love their voices so freaking much, I can play anything if they are doing the voice acting and is not like the worked on bad vns, 90% of their vns are either good or just average, so it's fine :P 

i love sumika's seiyuu. :D