Gakuen Hetalia (official PSP game)

Hello everyone, nice to meet you! I'm Hikari-kaitou and I'm a casual fan translator.

I'm going to be upfront and admit that I have no idea what goes into producing one of these unofficial game releases, but recently I decided to start translating the Gakuen Hetalia game and wondered if there might be anyone with experience in these matters who might like to make a fully fledged project out of it. I started posting the first few parts of a text translation on the main Hetalia livejournal community, and one commenter suggested that I let the folks over on this forum know about it so here I am.

I don't own the game; I've just been working off of youtube videos (found here:

). I assume we'd need a copy of the game in order to make a project of this so I found download links at this site, though I haven't attempted to download it myself: http://mybestcollections.info/psp/gakuen-hetalia-potable-jpn-game-download At the time of this post, I've only translated the first two videos on the playlist linked above.

Anyhow, just wanted to see if there was any interest in making this a project, though I lack the know-how to lead it myself. I'm just a translator. If no one's up for it, no worries. I'll just carry on with my text translations. Thanks for your time!

hey i think your best bet is to visit aarinfantasy.com, there might be more people interested in helping you

patching PSP games much harder to do than PC games...

your best option might be to do it on youtube but those youtube clips for some reason the capture was badly done or something? see if u can find a capturer /encoder who can upload a better quality version...

ISO file structure is:

├── PSP_GAME

│   ├── ICON0.PNG

│   ├── PARAM.SFO

│   ├── PIC1.PNG

│   ├── SYSDIR

│   │   ├── BOOT.BIN

│   │   ├── EBOOT.BIN

│   │   ├── OPNSSMP.BIN

│   │   └── UPDATE

│   │       ├── DATA.BIN

│   │       ├── EBOOT.BIN

│   │       └── PARAM.SFO

│   └── USRDIR

│       ├── DATA.DAT

│       ├── STS.DAT

│       ├── STS.MAO

│       ├── STS_DEF.TOB

│       ├── modules

│       │   ├── libpsmfplayer.prx

│       │   └── psmf.prx

│       └── movie

│           ├── IF_logo.pmf

│           ├── ending.pmf

│           ├── opening.pmf

│           └── otomeito_logo.pmf

└── UMD_DATA.BIN
DATA.DAT's header is "PSPFS_V1", it can be unpacked by this quickbms script
# ClaDun X2 (DAT format) PSP / PC

# 

# Written by Ekey (h4x0r)

# http://www.progamercity.net

# 

# script for QuickBMS http://quickbms.aluigi.org

idstring "PSPFS_V1"

get FILES long

get NULL long

for i = 0 < FILES

getdstring NAME 0x18

get SIZE long

get OFFSET long

log NAME OFFSET SIZE

next i
There are a bunch of files and no directories. Here's file list. *.VAG files are "Sony ADPCM 4 bit" files with voice data, this is a known format which can be decoded by several tools ([1] for example). *.DAT files are gzip-compressed with 0xC extra bytes prepended. After removing this extra data they can be extracted with gunzip or any other tool.

_EXFONT.DAT: gzip compressed data, was "_gz_div.tmp", from NTFS filesystem (NT), last modified: Thu Feb  3 08:27:52 2011, max speed

The original file has "DSARC FL" header. This format seems to be known as well ([2], pages 201-202) although I personally didn't try to extract it. They probably contain .MBP files.

Sadly, I have no idea about .SP2 and .MBP, I've uploaded them here.

Gakuen Hetalia was ported from PSP to the original Nintendo DS in 2012. The reason I say this is because there's an active DS fan translation scene on the GBATemp.net forums. Just look in the DS section on the forum for Fan Translation. People have managed to make complete English patches for the first two Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side DS games, the first version of LovePlus, and the Korean version of Girlish Love Revolution (aka Otometeki Koi Kakumei...) I believe the main people behind these projects are Jjjewel and Phoenix Goddess, who are active there. Also, be sure to ask for console and game-specific advice.