Baldr Sky [Recruiting]

temporealreality

Hey, everyone! I'm a brand new member who's registered to announce my Baldr Sky translation project. To be clear, I am the translator. So far I've finished the first chapter, but before going on too much further, I'd like to recruit a hacker so I can start editing the text in game. As of now, I'm not looking to fill any other positions, but that will come at a later date.

Here's an example of my translation for anyone interested.

This isn't the final translation. I still plan to look over it more on my own and have an experienced editor work on it in the future.

In any case, if you have the skills to help and would like to make this project a reality, please let me know.

EDIT

I now have someone working with me, so for the time being, the position is filled. I'll update with any changes to the situation.

Baldr Sky has had translation projects before, hasn't it?  Maybe you could scavenge a hacker from one of those teams.  They might've already made the necessary tools.

Also, it's a bit rude to single out a person for a long-term project, as if to presume on their generosity--especially in a way that screams casually taking someone for granted.  That's a great way to demotivate someone to help.

1 hour ago, temporealreality said:

Hey, everyone! I'm a brand new member who's registered to announce my Baldr Sky translation project. To be clear, I am the translator. So far I've finished the first chapter, but before going on too much further, I'd like to recruit a hacker so I can start editing the text in game.

I think I have skills... But... As Binaryfail mentioned, tools already exist, so what do you need?

It seems to shift between first person-past and first person-present.  Flow is a tad off and clarity is at the point where the first few lines are a bit difficult to read.  I'd be interested enough to help with editing but I'm busy with my own projects ^^;

Unless you're mistaking lines of dialogue for narration, there's no switch between tenses. I made sure everything was in the past tense. Check again, and I'm sure you'll find that every line of narration has a past tense verb.

As for the clarity, sorry if the Kou's likening his bed to the ocean is strange, but that's how it reads in Japanese, too.

Hi. I too tried to translate B. Sky but well, my english is bad, too literal(as I'm not a native speaker to both jap and eng).

I wrote the guy who seems to be translating it little by little. https://mogumogubakubaku.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/27/

And he told me that I need to work a lot more on my english before I try to translate anything but yours seems to be alright.

Try asking him on "jean.baptiste.tell at google’s email service. ". He may have quite a few scripts translated already. If you don't figure out how to use tools to insert/extract, I can probably help. Keep in mind that i haven't found any files that depict weapons(nor .bmp, nor script text files) so you may have trouble translating the interface unless you get help from Giga.

I, too, want to bring this epic to the english but for now, i'm not of much use.

gave it aquick glance & so far it looked pretty much allright.
nevertheless... if bringing this project to completion is truly intended, then yeah, i suggest you go stealth mode after possibly recruiting 1-2 additional members. means making no big fuss, non releasing flashy partial patches or whatsoever thats drawing to much attention towards this project of yours. here & there some vague status updates should be okay, but nothing overly specific, so you wont get c&d´ed hard.
good luck!