Deleting a literary discussion because OMG lolis!

What is going on with moderation that they deemed it necessary to delete a literary discussion of the highly acclaimed novel Lolita?  This is oppressive and anti-intellectual!  The subject matter wasn't remotely sexual!  The censorship of discussion on Fuwanovel isn't just overboard--it's sunk to a new low.

Fiddle posted a quote which sexualised/sensualised lolis, your discussion was about the nuances of pedophilia, and we haven't come to Ren's initial post. Every post of actual substance was against the new rules which were put in place for a reason. Tay has unfortunately not had a chance to revisit them, and has not had a chance to revisit where the boundaries should lie, so in the mean time the mods have to apply the rules as written.

I'm gonna be upfront, I was the one who flagged the discussion and brought it to the mods attention. I personally don't have a problem with other people being into lolis or discussing pedophilia but Tay wants them kept off site at this point in time. And the time to have a robust debate about whether the new rules are too oppressive is not when Tay is hardly around, because that would be pointless TBH. You can't challenge authority when that authority is away.

So in short, there was a lot of rule breaking in that thread which was why it was deleted. Whether it's oppressive is up to personal interpretation, and while it may be anti-intellectual, well, Fuwa just wants you to take these discussions off-site, that's all.

20 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Fiddle posted a quote which sexualised/sensualised lolis, your discussion was about the nuances of pedophilia, and we haven't come to Ren's initial post. Every post of actual substance was against the new rules which were put in place for a reason.

Right, let's deconstruct a strawman of my post without anyone actually being able to see it.  That's a great way to make a valid argument.  >.>;

TL;DR Loli/Pedophilia is a sensitive issue, and Tay actually has legal reasons for his enforcing the policy (read: there's no personal anti-loli belief going on as one might think). So he simply asks that you keep these types of discussions* off of Fuwanovel.

You can review those rules here.

*Because they are a part of the traditional VN heritage of Japanese games, we acknowledge that mature, focused discussions of “loli” characters and routes within a visual novel are valid, and we will allow them within the Visual Novel discussion boards, but beyond those confines, Fuwanovel is just not the place for this topic.