Have a story, characters and all, just need someone to turn it into a VN

CrotakuShinobi

I recommend giving your book a free trial for a limited amount of time. In my opinion, your limited description of the book and the amount of pages (roughly 130 of actual story) does not warrant a $15 price range, more so $15 without shipping included. Seeing how you structured the actual paragraphs, the actual length of the book could be read in less than an hour, and that's for the average reader no less.

Honestly, the near carbon copy of a story, including the names being used in the description, does not sit well with me. After reading the previews, this book borders on plagiarism, and you charging money for is a very dangerous road to take. Be careful, because that crime is extremely serious.

That being said, I wish you the best and hope it all works out!

15 hours ago, OriginalRen said:

I recommend giving your book a free trial for a limited amount of time. In my opinion, your limited description of the book and the amount of pages (roughly 130 of actual story) does not warrant a $15 price range, more so $15 without shipping included. Seeing how you structured the actual paragraphs, the actual length of the book could be read in less than an hour, and that's for the average reader no less.

That being said, I wish you the best and hope it all works out!

I have to say I agree to this, especially the price for the amount of content. It simply doesn´t seem that justified. 

It is also difficult to know much about the story based off simply that short summary, and the little information one can get from the pages available in the preview. 

Still, best of luck on your project! 

Honestly, it's very difficult to sell someone on a new author w/o some example of their writing.  Give us a sample to judge from because concepts are actually cheap.

If you already have a complete story though, you should be able to find a team to get it done with more easiy.  Just expect to be putting a lot of editing in as well, even if it's already out there in this form.  If the writing itself impresses then the people you're looking for should be willing to have faith.  What's your wordcount?

16 hours ago, Zodai said:

Honestly, it's very difficult to sell someone on a new author w/o some example of their writing.  Give us a sample to judge from because concepts are actually cheap.

If you already have a complete story though, you should be able to find a team to get it done with more easiy.  Just expect to be putting a lot of editing in as well, even if it's already out there in this form.  If the writing itself impresses then the people you're looking for should be willing to have faith.  What's your wordcount?

The wordcount of my story is 17130

13 hours ago, CrotakuShinobi said:

That's not novel length, even novella.

"In contemporary usage, the term short story most often refers to a work of fiction no shorter than 1,000 and no longer than 20,000 words." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_story

Novellas are 20,001-40,000 words or so. With a novel being anything more than that. Our Visual Novel is about 50,000 words (all routes) and can be read through in a few hours.

18 hours ago, CrotakuShinobi said:

On 7. mars 2016 at 8:53 PM, CrotakuShinobi said:

How much do you think the price of my book should be then?

I´d say maybe around half. 

For instance, the book I recently finished came out at about 46k words, with 139 pages. 

It seems you have a lot of paragraphs in the text, if it ends up being that long with that word count. (This is of course not a comment on the quality. It might still be very well written!)