Anime with ultimately satisfying endings

ittaku

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

So, has it been this long since you've gotten a satisfying ending, or are you not posting here anymore? I was digging around the anime forum to reference your list, and I was a little surprised to see it was pushed to page 2. D:

Not much of late, lemme go back over the last year and I'll add if there was anything. Here's hoping this decade will finally see the end of the unresolved harems.

Okay it looks like I missed a few, and some just happened to finish recently, or I only recently watched them to move them to my list. The good news is there are quite a few to add to the list. Here's what I came up with.

A place further than the universe.

Angelic Layer

Assassination Classroom

(The) Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Hanasaku Iroha

Hi Score Girl

New Game!

Nodame Cantabile

O Maidens in Your Savage Season

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Re:CREATORS

Sakura quest

Ushio & Tora

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

WWW.WAGNARIA!!

23 hours ago, ittaku said:

Nodame Cantabile

Ah, good choice here! I love the characters in this series. Surprisingly good music too.

O Maidens in Your Savage Season

I watched an episode of this at my anime club; it's hilarious. Good to see it managed to keep things going until the end.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Ooh, that reminds me, I need to add the movie to my list. It was so nice being able to watch that in theaters. And yeah, definitely a good ending here (although part of me wishes he ended up with Koga).

On 1/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, ittaku said:

(The) Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Huh, you don't see very many comedies with satisfying endings these days. How was that?

20 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Huh, you don't see very many comedies with satisfying endings these days. How was that?

Yes it's unusual isn't it? Unlike most comedies there is a weak plot/storyline throughout Saiki K and the manga author was dead set on finishing it. After the main seasons, there were a couple of OVAs and just now they released a 6 episode short season to complete the story. I was sad to see this hilarious comedy end, but I do feel like the author said their piece and completed the story in a way that said adding anything more would be forcing it.

On 9/26/2020 at 6:44 PM, ittaku said:

Added The Misfit of Demon King Academy.

That was such a good ending. Really enjoyed the anime overall.

Felt like it did just about everything to resolve the main conflict in this arc and didn't leave me wanting for much. It was the kind of anime where I wouldn't mind more content, but I was happy with what I got. The characters and plot were interesting in this series, too. I'm also glad that the protagonist being overpowered made sense within the context of the plot and didn't diminish the weight of the main conflict.

• 9 months later...

i suggest you guys to watch Full Metal Panic, Overall, I adore the Full Metal Panic! franchise, and this season was no exception. The love moments between Sousuke and Kaname in the first arc, the tremendously high stakes in the first episode (which seemed more like a season finale), and Tessa's ploy in the third arc were all highlights. In addition, I felt the mech CG looked really excellent, despite the fact that many people panned the Invisible Victory season for it. I think the movements were quite fluid, therefore I'd put it on par with the previous seasons' typical mech animation.

Of course, I'm hoping for a final 12 episodes to bring the tale to a close. I don't mind if it takes a few of years longer.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:40 PM, Reese Murphy said:

i suggest you guys to watch Full Metal Panic, Overall, I adore the Full Metal Panic! franchise, and this season was no exception. The love moments between Sousuke and Kaname in the first arc, the tremendously high stakes in the first episode (which seemed more like a season finale), and Tessa's ploy in the third arc were all highlights. In addition, I felt the mech CG looked really excellent, despite the fact that many people panned the Invisible Victory season for it. I think the movements were quite fluid, therefore I'd put it on par with the previous seasons' typical mech animation.

Of course, I'm hoping for a final 12 episodes to bring the tale to a close. I don't mind if it takes a few of years longer.

Have seen it, it's a great series, but not fully complete to fit this list.

• 4 months later...