Anime with ultimately satisfying endings

ittaku

7 hours ago, ittaku said:

I've added Uma Musume Pretty Derby.  Even though I'm embarrassed about even saying I watched it given its childish premise and execution, I did enjoy it, and it meets the criteria for this list. ^_^

I see it even has a decent rating on MAL! Interesting, I was definitely scared off by the absurd premise, but I might give it a chance after all. :)

Although the fact all the girls are named like racehorses is super weird... :michiru:

19 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I see it even has a decent rating on MAL! Interesting, I was definitely scared off by the absurd premise, but I might give it a chance after all. :)

Although the fact all the girls are named like racehorses is super weird... :michiru:

That's because they are racehorses, though the only thing horse about them appears to be the ears and tails...

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

I felt that the ending was really rushed.

I didn't say it was awesome, just that it was satisfying enough, which is all that's required to be recommended here. It was still overall a fun watch. It could have done with maybe yet another season or perhaps it would have actually dragged if they did that since they didn't have more material? Who knows. To me it seemed they only had a simplistic idea for the ending and executed it. I didn't feel they had more material even if a lot of viewers wanted more. Sometimes if you get what you ask for, you'll be disappointed. I still gave it an 8/10 overall.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread or not, but if it wasn't - add Maison Ikkoku to the list. The show was frustrating sometimes, but the ending was great and ultimately satisfying indeed.

It definitely was, but check the opening post, I keep updating it and I'd put it there already a while back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, bakauchuujin said:

I felt that the ending was really rushed.

Spoiler

That ending was not satisfying. Reincarnation with no hints whatsoever about who they now are to each other. Memories likely erased meaning they're different people now. If, and i say IF they'd ended it with her saying something like "is that you darling?" or something then it would perhaps been a most epic ending, but nope. They just met and touched hands without us as viewers getting any information. Not to mention that they're too damn young in that scene.

Edited by Stormwolf

4 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

That ending was not satisfying.

A bit too much spoilering in your post for my liking. But I thought there was enough implied to

Spoiler

say that they would definitely be forever together and not even time and space could draw them apart. That's a pretty conclusive ending even if they weren't adults and a couple in the final scene itself.

12 minutes ago, ittaku said:

A bit too much spoilering in your post for my liking. But I thought there was enough implied to

Hide contents

say that they would definitely be forever together and not even time and space could draw them apart. That's a pretty conclusive ending even if they weren't adults and a couple in the final scene itself.

Spoiler

Yep, but who are they now? Who will they become? What point is there if they've forgotten everything that has happened between them? I watched a series with 2 people i adored, the ending erased them and replaced them with someone else and called it a good ending. It's only a good ending by the fact that they reincarnated, but that's all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 10:31 PM, ittaku said:

Added Release the Spyce and Zombeland Saga from this season :)

Watched Zombieland after reading this and was disappointed :( It started so good, but became so utterly generic as it progressed. I guess the problem for me was that it started taking itself too seriously as it went on. PS: Idol culture needs to die in the biggest and meanest fire imaginable.

On 09/02/2019 at 8:49 AM, Mago Ivo said:

Charlotte has a pretty satisfying ending, atleast for me.

Charlotte was a mixed bag for me. About 2/3 of the way through its writing and execution got really disjointed and rushed. Whilst the ending was relatively satisfying, I can't say it had that emotional uplifting effect I'm looking for in an ending. I might add it to the bottom list for you though.

Congratulations to 3D Kanojo, AKA Real Girl. I really didn't think you had it in you. With your overuse of tropes, lacklustre execution, and overreaching drama for the quality of your writing, I never expected you to make the grade to be put on this list, but you pulled through in the end with a cheesy happy ending that had me grinning from ear to ear so you get added.

Spoiler

Bonus points for not a single hero nor heroine ending the story a virgin.

The same can't be said for Price of Smiles; happy ending sorta kinda but overall you were really meh.