Anime with ultimately satisfying endings

ittaku

4 minutes ago, spademan said:

Overall nice and helpful list, but why do you have titles like absolute duo and chivalry of a failed knight when neither the ln's or anime are finished? Also could add shiki

That's been discussed earlier. Each of those series has a satisfying ending regardless of whether it's the end to the story or not. It's any show where you're left with that overwhelming happy glow feeling that you've watched something special in concert with the sense of satisfaction and slight emptiness that it's over. I angsted over whether I should have included incomplete shows or not, but then there are an infinite number of complete shows, or shows that can't bring themselves to ever finish, that leave you feeling pissed off, jaded, depressed, annoyed etc. which is why I wanted to compile this list and incomplete shows can still do it.

What shiki do you mean?

6 hours ago, Tweek91330 said:

This i guess :

http://myanimelist.net/anime/7724/Shiki

This is a great anime, really, one of the best in recent year. By the end it feel complete and i didn't get bored at all while watching. I'd like show like this more.

As for the happy ending thing, i don't think it fit really well :makina:

If it doesn't have a happy ending then I'm sorry I can't add it to my list.

No one mentioned "Ano Hana"? ("Ano Hi Ni Hana wo Mitsuketa no Namae wa Mada Bokutachi Shiranai", probably made some mistakes)

I didn't like the series much, because I think there's some filler and you see the ending coming from miles away, but it's still a emotional ending that caps a laughs and tears story. Since no one mentioned it, I think it's not that popular... also if the novel was released on PC and not PSP, or at least if it had come to the West, things could be different.

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

No one mentioned "Ano Hana"? ("Ano Hi Ni Hana wo Mitsuketa no Namae wa Mada Bokutachi Shiranai", probably made some mistakes)

I didn't like the series much, because I think there's some filler and you see the ending coming from miles away, but it's still a emotional ending that caps a laughs and tears story. Since no one mentioned it, I think it's not that popular... also if the novel was released on PC and not PSP, or at least if it had come to the West, things could be different.

Added "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai" to the others recommended list in the top post, thanks.

I have some fond memories of Karin. :sachi:

If you liked the anime, give the manga a try some time. Interestingly enough, when the mangaka was setting up for LN and anime adaptions of her work, she wanted two different instances of the story, each having their own unique character added. The LN adaption is supposedly a more mystery-oriented version of the story, whereas the anime was more lighthearted and comedy-oriented. The original manga is pretty dark, and the ending is bittersweet. The story was quite a bit more interesting though.

I'd say Concrete Revolutio's ending is sooooo goood. That anime is so underrated...:unsure: Though it's kinda hard to keep up with the timeline, but the ending really wraps up the anime perfectly IMO. You should give it a try!

Also worth to mention, Jigoku Shoujo first season's ending... one of the most beatiful endings Ive ever seen...  

5 hours ago, ivaniscus said:

I'd say Concrete Revolutio's ending is sooooo goood. That anime is so underrated...:unsure: Though it's kinda hard to keep up with the timeline, but the ending really wraps up the anime perfectly IMO. You should give it a try!

Also worth to mention, Jigoku Shoujo first season's ending... one of the most beatiful endings Ive ever seen...  

To be honest I thought Conrete Revolutio was pretty bad. It's on my ANN "will not finish list". Of course that doesn't change the fact that it might have a very satisfying ending so I might add it to the "others" recommended list.

What about the rest of the Jigoku Shoujo seasons? (Not that I know how many there are.)

On 8/10/2016 at 4:15 AM, ittaku said:

To be honest I thought Conrete Revolutio was pretty bad. It's on my ANN "will not finish list". Of course that doesn't change the fact that it might have a very satisfying ending so I might add it to the "others" recommended list.

What about the rest of the Jigoku Shoujo seasons? (Not that I know how many there are.)

They kinda have different focus each season. Don't get me wrong - Jigoku Shoujo is a great series but season 1 is my favourite... ^^

Amagi Brillant Park ?

I didn't read the manga or light novel (if it's from a light novel) but hum...

Spoiler

I suppose that we need a second season to solve the princess memory problem, Am I wrong ? Maybe the curse is gone at the end but I didn't really follow.

Anyway, I recommand Code Geass, Grisaia no Kajitsu and Death Note.

Edited by Kazami Yuiji

45 minutes ago, Kazami Yuiji said:

Amagi Brillant Park ?

I didn't read the manga or light novel (if it's from a light novel) but hum... I suppose that we need a second season to solve the ...

Anyway, I recommand Code Geass, Grisaia no Kajitsu and Death Note.

I thought the ending was comprehensively happy enough to consider it happy. I've put what you said in spoiler tags since that's a fair amount of a spoiler for the show and suggest you edit yours again to do so.

Spoiler

While it didn't explicitly say the curse had been lifted, she remembered everything which was good enough to be a happy ending for me.

But sure I'd love to see another season of it... even if just for more Sento goodness. You would not believe how many hentai doujins there are of her (not that I'd read such stuff, nosiree... but goddamn she's hot).

Thanks for the other recommendations, I'll add them to the bottom list.