Akihabara Virtual Tours

OriginalRen

Tour #1: Open

• Open
  • Open
  • Open

Awhile back, I used to give virtual tours via Google Maps for Akihabara when my TeamSpeak was still semi-active. I had wanted to open up these virtual tours to members again and was wondering if anyone would be interested in receiving one. I am currently opening spots (whether privately or with a group) for those of you who would be interested in seeing the strip and what sorts of cool stuff is located there.

The virtual tour (much better than the last one 2 years ago) would cover the following topics:

• History of Akihabara and its buildings
  • An exploration of the entire district and its surrounding areas, including Ueno and other back roads
  • Actual photographs of the strip as well as a bird's eye view of all the buildings via Google Maps
  • A full detail on every store located there, including a handy map for reference and other material to help you understand all of your shopping needs
  • Stores for all of your otaku hobby needs (visual novels, figurines, anime, light novels, manga, etc.)
  • Restaurants in and around Akiba, including the best maid café and restaurant locations
  • Transportation tips, local meeting spots, and other pertinent information about Japan
  • Bonus: A virtual tour of Ueno park and the history museums/activities there

The tour itself lasts around 3-4 hours (although it may be shorter), and I would be able to do them at anytime depending on the signups. Tour times are listed above, however these times can be negotiated if you'd like to adjust it. I can either do the tour on TeamSpeak or Skype (you do not need to use a mic or ever speak if you don't want to), whichever works better for you.

When I gave live tours in Japan, a lot of individuals paid me money for a full day Akiba tour. This tour however is completely free of charge, and I promise that by the end of it all, you will feel like a complete expert on how to get around the strip.

I have given this tour to a lot of different people, including @Down, @Nyanko, and many more. Ask anyone who has received it, and remember that those tours were 2 years ago; I am much more knowledgeable about the strip now. Let me know if you would be interested!

Keep up the good work Ren ^_^!

I used to follow this YouTube channel called Akibascope:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AKIBASCOPE

The owner frequented Akiba and filmed the events that took place there. This channel went silent about two years ago, unfortunately, but I love seeing stuff like this. Video is where it's at for me! I know there are issues with filming, especially in a lot of Japanese shops, but yeah.

10 hours ago, InvertMouse said:

Keep up the good work Ren ^_^!

I used to follow this YouTube channel called Akibascope:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AKIBASCOPE

The owner frequented Akiba and filmed the events that took place there. This channel went silent about two years ago, unfortunately, but I love seeing stuff like this. Video is where it's at for me! I know there are issues with filming, especially in a lot of Japanese shops, but yeah.

I actually just linked what I have on my YouTube channel if you don't watch it:

Akihabara Playlist: