(Part One) Summer 2013 Anime Preview (TV)

solidbatman

Some people here like anime. I didn't know this. Sorry for my ignorance.

The Spring 2013 season is winding down, and we have gotten some great shows like Hataraku Maou-sama!, Suisei no Gargantia, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, among others. We also are seeing the first half of some show called Shingeki no Kyojin, but it's really unpopular and nobody likes it. Anyway, Summer is around the corner, so now it's time to start picking out which shows you plan on watching this upcoming season. So without anymore ramblings, here is Part One of my Summer 2013 Anime Preview. It's in no particular order, because that would be a lot more work than I'm willing to do for free. Look for a movie/OVA preview in the next week... maybe

WWyySZf.jpg

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Air Date: 7/7/2013

Genre: Mystery, Fantasy

Official Site

Plot Summary: God abandoned the world on Sunday. As a result, nobody in the world can die or reproduce. A little girl, Ai, is the gravekeeper for a village. She has prepared 47 graves for the eventual deaths of every member of the village. Later, a boy who identifies himself as "Hampnie Hambart, the 'Man-eating Toy'," which is coincidentally the name that Ai's mother left behind as the name of her father, arrives in the village and slaughters everybody. Just what is going on?

y4feKGT.jpg

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation

Air Date: 7/12/2013

Genre: Fantasy, Comedy, Action, Ecchi (Trust me), Parody

Official Site

Plot Summary: This is Gamindustri. Beings called the Goddesses rule the countries of this unreal world. The four Goddesses govern four states: Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee, and Leanbox. For many long years, these countries fought each other over the Shares, the source of the Goddess power.

However, fearful that the conflict would pointlessly erode their countries' strength, the Goddesses signed a Friendship Treaty forbidding them from taking Shares by force.

Under the treaty, the Goddesses and their younger sisters took a step forward to a new stage in their relations. It was the dawn of a new, dynamic era marked occasionally by shared laughter, disputes as well cooperation.

What does the future hold in store for Gamindustri?

Df63IUi.jpg

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai III

Air Date: 7/9/2013

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Harem, Supernatural

Officail Website

Plot Summary: Keima is a dating sim champion. Cute girls are rendered powerless by his irresistible game playing techniques. Too bad things aren't that way in the real world. That is, until his tempting game playing causes a real live—and very bubbly-cute—demon hunter named Elsie to materialize! Now Elsie wants Keima to help her free hot girls from sneaky demons who secretly possess them. Season 3 will cover the Goddess Arc.

y9MffJB.jpg

Free!

Air Date: 7/4/2013

Genre: Swimming, sports, freestyle, breast stroke, back stroke, butterfly (always hated swimming fly)

Official Website

Plot Summary: The story revolves around Haruka Nanase, a boy who has always loved to be immersed in water, and to swim in it. Before graduating from elementary school, he participated in a swimming tournament along with his fellow swimming club members, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki, and Rin Matsuoka. After achieving victory, each of the boys went their separate ways.

Time passed, and in the middle of their uneventful high school lives Rin appears and challenges Haruka to a match, showing Haruka his overwhelming power. Not wanting it to end like this, Haruka, gathers together Makoto and Nagisa once again and brings a new member named Rei Ryugazaki to create the Iwatobi High School Swimming Club in order to defeat Rin.

tl;dr: swimming

mumirY2.jpg

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist

Air Date: 7/8/2013

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Demons, Supernatural

Official Website

Plot Summary: The story revolves around William, an aristocratic family's progeny with rare intellect. One day, his uncle lost his possessions after his business failed. Fearing that his family's name has been tarnished, William returns home and searches with his family's butler for anything that can be converted into cash. A search of the premises yields an underground room left by an ancestor. In the room is a magical seal, and William unintentionally summons a devil. The summoned devil tells William his name Dantalion, and reveals that William is the designator who can choose the acting ruler of the demon world.

tDXLpZX.jpg

Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS

Air Date: 7/5/2013

Genre: Comedy, School, Sports, Ecchi, loli basketball players, your move Steve

Official Website

Plot Summary: Hasegawa Subaru joined the basketball club at Nanashiba High, only to have his hopes dashed when the teams' play is suspended after the captain is suspected of having inappropriate feelings for the coach's underage daughter. Blindsided and blocked by bad luck, Subaru expectedly finds an opening for his talent with the hoops when his aunt asks him to take on the task of coaching a young girls' basketball club - a Ro-Kyu-Bu!. But can a superstar wannabe find true satisfaction while playing sixth man to a team of five girls? This is the second season.

pw2zj9w.jpg

Kingdom 2

Air Date: 7/8/2013

Genre: Action, Military, History

Official Website

Plot Summary: In the Warring States Period of ancient China (475-221 BCE), Shin and Hyou are war-orphans in the kingdom of Qin. They dream of one day proving themselves on the battlefield. One day, however, Hyou is taken to the palace by a minister. Winding up on the losing side of a power-struggle, Hyou manages to return to the village, barely alive. Shin then meets a boy who closely resembles Hyou, Ei Sei. For now he is the king of Qin; later he will become the emperor Shi Huangdi. Season 2 Show.

r4PmsV7.jpg

Kimi no Iru Machi

Air Date: 7/13/2013

Genre: Drama, Romance, SoL

Official Website

Plot Summary: Eba Yuzuki, a girl from Tokyo moves to a countryside to attend high school. She lives together with a guy named Kirishima Haruto whose father is an apprentice of Eba's father. Haruto never agrees to let Yuzuki stay at his house and always rejects her. Another girl, Kanzaki Nanami, comes whom Haruto might be in love with. So... what will happen in this story? (I'm guessing a lot of soap opera type fun)

omlhS3j.jpg

Monogatari Series: Second Season

Air Date: 7/7/2013

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Supernatural, Shaft, Ecchi

Official Website

Plot Summary: Adaption of, Nekomonogatari: Shiro, Kabukimonogatari, Hanamonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari, Koimonogatari. Shaft has announced that this will be a 2 cour (26 episode) show.

j7GSOBr.jpg

Danganronpa: The Animation

Genre: Action, Mystery, Horror

Official Website

Plot Summary: A group of 15 elite high school students are gathered at a very special, high class high school. To graduate from this high school essentially means you'll succeed in life, but graduating is very difficult. The school is presided over by a bear called Monokuma, and he explains to them that their graduation hinges around committing a murder. The only way to graduate is to kill one of your classmates and get away with it. If the other classmates discover the identity of the killer, the killer is the only one executed. However, if they fail to catch the killer, only the killer graduates and the others are annihilated. Which of the 15 will survive the bloodbath to come?

eBhIJBH.jpg

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

Air Date: 7/9/2013

Genre: Comedy, School

Official Website

Plot Summary: Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl who has had 50 years of dating experience and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15-year-old shut in who has all of the qualities of a "mojo" (a gloomy or unpopular woman).

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

RgLABad.jpg

Love Lab

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Girls girls girls

Official Website

Plot Summary: The Fujisaki Girls Academy is known for their school body being composed of very proper students. The most prominent one of them is Maki, the student president who is admired by her classmates for her calm and polite demeanor. On the other hand, Kurahashi Riko is also admired but for having a very forward and boyish personality. Riko accidentally walks into Maki while she's practicing kissing with a pillow and learns that she isn't what everyone thinks she is. Riko is forced into keeping Maki's secret and join her in practicing all aspects of romance like holding hands and more.

6WkvGTJ.jpg

Gin no Saji

Air Date: 7/12/2013

Genre: Farming Anime 2013, Comedy, School, SoL

Official Website

Plot Summary: Yugo Hachiken dreams of life separated from his family, so he takes the initiative by enrolling in an agriculture school. He thinks, with his talent in studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he attends. He is proven wrong very quickly. Raised as a city boy, he is forced to uncover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken, as he tries to keep up with his new friends, farmers' heirs, who are already accustomed to the harsh world of farming. With no clear goals or understanding of farming life, how will Hachiken survive this new, cruel reality? The story of a sweat, tear, and mud-stained youth begins!

hjEi2GE.jpg

Gatchaman Crowds

Air Date: 7/??/2013

Genre: Adventure, Sci- fi

Official Website

Plot Summary: The story is set in Japan in the early summer of 2015. 180,000 people live in Tachikawa City, the "second metropolis" of the Tokyo area. Among them are "Gatchaman"—warriors who fight in special reinforced suits powered by "NOTE," the manifestation of special spiritual powers in living beings. A council has scouted a group of individuals with latent powers to protect Earth from alien criminals. In recent years, the council has assigned Gatchaman warriors to deal with the mysterious entity known as "MESS."

Nxwlykf.jpg

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

Air Date: 7/2/2013

Genre: Comedy, Supernatural, Mystery

Official Website

Plot Summary: A nonsense comical mystery. Harumi Kazuhito is a high school boy who loves books and is a fan of novelist Natsuno Kirihime. One day, he finds Kirihime writing at a cafe, about to be shot by a robber. He protects her from the attack but is killed instead. Through the supernatural power of a book-worm, he is reincarnated as a dachshund dog. Kazuhito (as a dog) writhes in a painful bookless life, when a sadistic woman carrying a pair of scissors offers him help. She is Kirihime herself.

MsvO8cg.jpg

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu

Genre: School, Military

Official Website

Plot Summary: Yura Yamato has just arrived at the high school division of Stella Women's Academy, when Sonora Kashima invites her to join a club called "C³". Sonora is the third-year student who became the new head of this club for military survival games. The other members include two second-year students (part-Japanese Karila Hatsuse and G36K-wielding Honoka Mutsu) and two other new students (Rento Kirishima whose family runs a Japanese sweets shop and the really short Yachiyo Hinata).

Part II of the Anime Preview will go up within 24 hours of this preview. Look forward to it, and more shows!

After doing this part of the preview, turn out there are a good number of shows I'm curious about. Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Monogatari, WataMote, Danganronpa, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou, and of course Neptunia. Pert 2 will more than likely add a few more to my list I want to see.

Definitely interested in TWGOK and Monogotari. Looking into watching Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi and Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!. Looking forward to reading the 2nd part of the preview! keep it coming!

I still need to watch season 2 of TWGOK and the OVAs. Also, dont tell me what to do!

• 2 weeks later...

you might not understand even then, they're going to skip a lot of things

To be fair, there is a minor recap in episode 1 of season 3 and since I had just watched Rozen maiden episode 1, that felt like a decent recap

(Warning: You'll have need to have read the first 7 volumes of Rozen Maiden Manga, to even guess what's going on in this anime)

To be fair, there is a minor recap in episode 1 of season 3 and since I had just watched Rozen maiden episode 1, that felt like a decent recap

well yeah it's not a bad recap, but for a comedy it's really weird that they skipped those parts, and yeah they are not "that" necessary for the story but it's a comedy so it's up to the public to read the 71 skipped chapters (yeah, i took my time to count them, i really need a hobby)

well yeah it's not a bad recap, but for a comedy it's really weird that they skipped those parts, and yeah they are not "that" necessary for the story but it's a comedy so it's up to the public to read the 71 skipped chapters (yeah, i took my time to count them, i really need a hobby)

I'm not sure I'd call Rozen maiden manga really a comedy... Its as much a comedy as School Days O.o

Also isn't it 42 chapters, at which point this anime season starts at 42 to 71?