black desert

Justin579

It came out today. I played the beta for a  few minutes but got bored since I can never get into any MMORPG's manly because I get lost and never find anyone to play with.

also it seems this you actually have to pay for which I didn't know since most mmo's are f2p. But I am very disappointed to see https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/DaumCash.html in a paid game. Is this p2w in a game you already paid for?

I played Russian version for about a month (it was f2p thou), i don't know what are the items in your version's shop, but in russian there was not that much of p2w stuff ( i belive there was a reset stones, boss summon scrolls and stone removal stones) maybe something changed from that time i dunno.

About the game itself...well it looks good, it feels good...however it is completely anti-pvp oriented...for example when you kill someone you get - karma (your nick will become red and guards will kill you) and the only way to remove it is to grind creeps, i am with my friend was having fun killing ppl for about 30-40 mins and got a capped karma...which is -15kk and a single killed creep grants you about 100-150 karma, so we would have to kill~ 150000 creeps to be able to go to town again. We called bull and dropped it :sachi:

But if you are not interested in PvP and want only to run around, gather/craft and grind then i guess it is okay.

Me and my friend researched this game briefly last weekend. The big reason why we ultimately decided to not try it was because the Korean game already had it's support dropped.  The game is pretty much dead over there and it will most likely not receive updates in the NA release.  This is the reason for the buy-in.

23 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Me and my friend researched this game briefly last weekend. The big reason why we ultimately decided to not try it was because the Korean game already had it's support dropped.  The game is pretty much dead over there and it will most likely not receive updates in the NA release.  This is the reason for the buy-in.

wonder why it got a 8.2 then

• 2 weeks later...

The NA and EU version is a paid game but because of that there isn't game breaking P2W items, only ease of access. Also the game got popular on both NA and EU so I'm guessing the company will get enough money for future updates.

That being said, this game is ridiculously demanding in the graphics department though it makes the best looking MMORPG I've ever seen. Gameplay wise, it has a lot of variety of enemies albeit also cliche ones, the classes are fun and PvP isn't too bad. Overall classes are balanced without one being too OP to the other. The world size is huuggeeee and is not that much lacking in content. The grinding isn't that boring and its character creation is just phenomenal. The story is unfortunately, average at best just like almost every other MMORPG out there with the exception of a few.

If you want to get it, don't bother with the more expensive package, not worth the price. $25 is frankly speaking, isn't that expensive for it's already massive content.