Final Fantasy XIV

Kendjin

I'm looking forward to this!

Do you know if we need to pay to play? I think there was a debate a while back on paid subscriptions.

Hopefully the online service is free T.T

At the time of release the game will cost have a box cost and will have a monthly fee. They have no ruled out F2P at a later date, but currently no plans in the near future.

Just tested PS3 ver., well, the game is so laggy and has no anti-aliasing, I'm a little disappointed. (esp. about lags)

Luckily it's a beta and not a demo of the final product. But if the lag issues persist without any fixes, Square Enix is going to lose even more consumer trust over this FF14 saga.

Ok, tried my best to create as loliest character as possible for very long time, sadly not possible.

(and the dwarf race are not lolis, they are fat and terrible)

This is the youngest looking I was able to make.

Kam4ibc.jpg

3fNww.jpg

BUST SiZE - SMALL... Loli time O.o

I'll be playing this game with high probability--especially since as a FF14 1.0 player I get the game +1 month playtime for free.

The paid service is a feature, not a caveat. Paid service means no advertisements, no dumb cash shop that encourages character advancement through real money trading, and fewer socially inept kids running around. When it comes to MMOs, if it's worth playing (for any significant amount of time), it's worth paying for.

I'll be playing this game with high probability--especially since as a FF14 1.0 player I get the game +1 month playtime for free.

The paid service is a feature, not a caveat. Paid service means no advertisements, no dumb cash shop that encourages character advancement through real money trading, and fewer socially inept kids running around. When it comes to MMOs, if it's worth playing (for any significant amount of time), it's worth paying for.

I used to think that too, paying monthly for wow, aion and other mmos like that.

But in the last few years I changed my mind greatly and am much more likely to go towards the free to play model. Not the korean style where you buy power but the western free to play style - because after the payment, I know exactly what I am getting and I am getting it when I want.

I want additional inventory slots - I buy it, I want weapon alternative in planetside 2 - I buy it. I want second character - I buy it. But the point is, I pay when I play, I pay when I want to play.

What monthly subscription does is make me commit to that game, make me feel "I need" to play because I pay for it. And that now makes me feel uncomfortable as I just want to play a game when I feel like playing it, not when I feel like I have to because my subscription is running.

For example I bought eve online few months ago and now I will not be extending the membership anymore, because I didn't feel like playing the whole additional month I got and it just got wasted. If I could pay 5$ for some ship slots or whatever and know that if I decide to play 2 months later, I can with no problems, I would be much more satisfied.

I would still only play few hours a week and yet pay some money - because the investment would be instant for that exact time I want to play.

For example in pso2, I am playing over a year now and I only paid monthly premium for 4 months (allows shop without ticket, room without ticket, additional storage and some other bonuses)

What I preferred more is that I could just buy additional characters slot and login there whenever I want, even if it is for 5 minutes a day - subscription doesn't allow you to without paying.

So paying 15$ (or more like 15€) a month while I only play like 1 hour a week is not worth the money at all for me.

So again for me currently, I want to pay and see the result, I want to pay for a map and get the map, I want to pay for I card pack, get the card pack. Pay for character, get the character, pay for weapon skin or alternative, get the weapon, pay for voice pack, get the voice pack.

Something to alter my experience from the current one because it is a new thing while being able to enjoy the "old stuff" I already bought before for free.

In pay to play mmos, I pay for the old stuff monthly, to be able to enjoy that month, and then I am forced to wait for developer to be fair and actually release the new stuff. Free to play forces developer to make new stuff, they cannot be like wow, not releasing a new raid dungeon for 8 months - because the source of income there is the new content.

So that's what I see as big advantage of free to play, you pay to get new stuff. In p2p you pay to view your character and be able to use your old stuff. And pray that they release new stuff.

So in fact it is p2p2p - Pay to Play to Pray

• 1 month later...

Time to resurrect this topic. Open beta runs 8/17-8/19. I suspect most people will keep their characters from the open beta. Therefore it's server decision time. Reportedly, server transfers won't open up until 2-3 weeks after release, and they'll cost money.

If you guys want to play on the same server, we'll have to make sure it's arranged in advance. I have at least 3 other people I'll be dragging to the same server as me.

As far as guilds go, I personally can't make any guarantees. I'm a hardcore MMO player and I've been known to guild hop as necessary to progress in endgame content.

Final open beta is so close. I finally get my code 2 days ago after signing up for the beta forever ago. I'd love to hear who's going to be on what servers and who'll be playing on the PS3.

I'm playing on PC, I am on the legacy EU server though.

Early screenshot of my character:

9523945627_8f8b27db3d_b.jpg

My character currently:

9526842048_77e0e985dd_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...