What is your favorite character design?

Arcadeotic

Just what it says on the tin

Today's subject is, you guessed it, character designs.

Now do note that the character itself doesn't matter at all, only the desings.

Now onto the actual program.

I'm sure all of you have seen that "one" character design that sticks out like a sore thumb, but in a good way.

Be it the color palette, unique clothing, or mixture of different things, there's always that something in that character thant sticks out.

That's what we're here to talk about today.

Me? For me it has to be Myra from Sepia tears.

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Her overall purple theme is brilliant, and my obsession with purple and white doesn't hurt at all.

Her striped suit, long elegant white scarf and her red hibbon all make a beautiful completion.

Her light purple hair, deep eyes and the shaping of her head are all as good as it gets.

I've still yet to see a character better designed than her.

Well, enough of me, how about you?

What are your favorite character desing, and why?

25 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

ikkyuu_tensai_no_kiwamete_fuhoni_na_meis

Even Child Tensai looks awesome

Hidden Content

I love the way her eyes are done. For some reason, vibrantly colored eyes are something I love with character designs. 

I like "softer" designs. Designs that just look soft and feels like you can see the pencil strokes and what not. I'm not sure how to describe it, but Mel Kishida uses that style for his designs. For example, Rorona from Atelier Rorona.

HLWnKMg.jpg

Spoiler

chara_stella.jpg

Stella from Rakudai. Red hair, red eyes, big boobs, twin tails, hair ribbons, stockings, Zettai Ryouiki, very powerful and only barely a Tsundere that is open about her own desires. (Mio from shinmai maou no testament is also a similar character but Stella and Rakudai wins)

I love manga art with strong and vibrant colors, and I could die for female character designs with knighly maiden and princess themes with long hair, pretty clothes and shapely body.

And while I have several artists I like, the most eye-catching character designs in this direction I've seen in a while are the ones from Clip☆Craft's Unionism Quartet and its poster girl Yurina in particular.

Spoiler

79392.jpg

Yuzuriha Inori and Kawakami Momoyo are my favorites.

Spoiler

cocytus_by_redjuice999-d6a31br.jpg

Spoiler

MomoyoKawakami.jpg

For Inori I just love her... not much to say. Her battle outfit is awesome, her pajamas, her school uniform, her swim suit, her color pallet really suits her, the fact her void is the king's void, I mean she is amazing.

Then Momoyo because I really love her attitude and over whelming power, heroines like this are some of the best! Plus I really love kung fu and stuff like that so even better. 

Between the both of them I love their eyes! I just want to be held by them and drift off into a warm sleep...:miyako:

TAKE THAT!

Spoiler

1869018-phoenixwright08.jpg

The original design for Phoenix Wright (inb4 lol english pleb) is what I believe to be one of the best designs for a protagonist I've ever seen. The designer had to make him look normal enough for as many people to immerse themselves into and relate to him as possible, while at the same time come up with a design that is iconic enough to be recognizable worldwide. 

And whoever drew Feenie up, nailed it. The blue suit immediately burns itself into your memory and the spiky haircut, alongside the iconic poses, provide him with an easily distinguishable silhouette. 

I really love the design of Carol from maggot baits.

(Yes, I went there :makina: )

Spoiler

5688-1214533816.jpg

Spoiler

Ec3l0Mx.png

Her design is just perfect; subtle but deadly.

The colors are great, the smaller details like the piercings and the cat ears look awesome and things like her stance when holding her sword too is just so cool. Her outfit is really simple, but it looks epic and fits well with the bright colors from her eyes and sword. 

Where do you even start...

Spoiler

Alice from Monster Girl Quest in both Human and monster form:

329?cb=20120227135751latest?cb=20140821015030

Spoiler

Yes, I have a thing for magic girls, although I prefer it when they're mature and elegant rather than the popular childish stature. Elemental Master is one of Aisha's forms in Elsword (an MMO), and her design truly captures my preference

elemental-master1.jpg

2 hours ago, Canicheslayer said:

I really love KoiChoco's Character Design (Especially Mifuyu and Isara):

Reveal hidden contents

Kiba.Mifuyu.full.379231.jpg

Aomi.Isara.600.452686.jpg

Sayori's CD in Nekopara is delicious too (All the catgirls are incredibly cute) :

Reveal hidden contents

79100.jpg

92791.jpg

Autoquote because I forgot Ati (Sekien no Inganock)

Spoiler

5688-249783985.jpg

Ati-1.jpg

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

I really love the design of Carol from maggot baits.

Hide contents

5688-1214533816.jpg

Hide contents

Ec3l0Mx.png

Her design is just perfect; subtle but deadly.

The colors are great, the smaller details like the piercings and the cat ears look awesome and things like her stance when holding her sword too is just so cool. Her outfit is really simple, but it looks epic and fits well with the bright colors from her eyes and sword. 

I would change her shoes, but overall - she's perfect. 

From me:
Kagami Aoi from Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

Spoiler

28119.jpg
77469.jpg

Just look at her. Her hair, her faint smile, her distant, melancholic eyes... Her design is so mesmerizing that makes my heart beat a little faster everytime I see her. Hope she's good written character, because I wait for a translation...

I'm surprised it's not mentioned yet, but first Danganronpa has some of the best character designs, even though the style is mostly a caricature: Junko, Celeste, Touko, Taka, Byakuya, Monokuma himself, and especially Hifumi.

2 hours ago, Danko said:

I'm surprised it's not mentioned yet, but first Danganronpa has some of the best character designs, even though the style is mostly a caricature: Junko, Celeste, Touko, Taka, Byakuya, Monokuma himself, and especially Hifumi.

Danganronpa is great overall lol

As for a particular design...

ever17_sora.jpg

Sora

Actually adult-looking, amazing dress, perfect appearance, endearing smile, that flower on her navel... She just melts my heart (and that's before we get into her character).