Who is your least favorite protagonist in VNs?

VirginSmasher

Protagonists. You see the story through their eyes and experience what they're experiencing. Some protagonists are very notable for certain things that make them stand out like Kazami Yuuji. But sometimes, protagonists can be really generic and sometimes even downright awful. This thread is to post who your least favorite protagonist is.

My personal least favorite is Nishijou Takumi from Chaos;Head. I get the point of his character is supposed to be a pathetic human being, but having him as the protagonist was one of the reasons I don't like Chaos;Head that much. He got on my nerves a lot during the playthrough. Every time I found a pretty good moment, he was there to ruin it. Everything about him made me want to knock him out.

Now before I go on a rant on why I don't like Chaos;Head and think it's overrated, I will ask you now. What is/are your least favorite protagonist/protagonists?

Now, let the :salt: flow through this thread :holo:

Just now, Kaguya said:

Any faceless protagonist with no personality. Also, wimp protagonists most of the time, though I don't mind it when they're deeply explored.

Basically nukige protagonists with the faceless ones. I would also consider Takumi a wimp protagonist because he was such a pussy at times :ryuusui:

3 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Basically nukige protagonists with the faceless ones. I would also consider Takumi a wimp protagonist because he was such a pussy at times :ryuusui:

He was, but he's actually fine, because he has a personality of his own, even if he's a disgusting pathetic otaku. 

And no, sometimes you get story-focused games (oftentimes, actually) with faceless protagonists- or voiceless protagonists- or protagonists without a personality (often all of them) and that's what pisses me off the most.

Having a generic face and a generic good-guy personality isn't particularly better, by the way.

1 minute ago, Kaguya said:

He was, but he's actually fine, because he has a personality of his own, even if he's a disgusting pathetic Otaku. 

And no, sometimes you get story-focused games (oftentimes, actually) with faceless protagonists- or voiceless protagonists- or protagonists without a personality (often all of them) and that's what pisses me off the most.

I have yet to play an actual story based VN with a faceless protagonist so far. I have played a few with a generic nice guy protagonist which does get on my nerves sometimes if that's their entire personality.

To be honest, I haven't played that many VNs with "bad" protagonists

But never mind that, One protagonist who I can't stand for is Mochida Satoshi, from Corpse Part: BloodCovered

Honeslty, he's so one-dimensional and cookie-cutter that A cardboard version of him would do a better job of being a protag than him :komari:

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

To be honest, I haven't played that many VNs with "bad" protagonists

But never mind that, One protagonist who I can't stand for is Mochida Satoshi, from Corpse Part: BloodCovered

Honeslty, he's so one-dimensional and cookie-cutter that A cardboard version of him would do a better job of being a protag than him :komari:

I remember Satoshi from the Corpse Party anime and he was very generic even in that anime. Then again, the anime was mostly just about the murder scenes for me. :holo:

Just now, XReaper said:

oh lord where to start, where to start... ><

I'm looking forward to this. :illya:

Just now, VirginSmasher said:

I remember Satoshi from the Corpse Party anime and he was very generic even in that anime. Then again, the anime was mostly just about the murder scenes for me. :holo:

Yeah, the anime actually pretty much brought the best out of him, which is sad beyond belief :vinty:

Oh well, luckily he's only one of the two major protags, and I've heard he gets better in the future games

2 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Yeah, the anime actually pretty much brought the best out of him, which is sad beyond belief :vinty:

Oh well, luckily he's only one of the two major protags, and I've heard he gets better in the future games

The anime brought the best out of him? I can see why you find him to be bad now. :michiru:

I guess this comes as no suprise but Makoto from school days. I want him to burn in the pits of hell for all eternity. Kind of.

Hmm... I can't say I hate him, because well he is quite the nice guy, but Cero from Katahane kind of pissed me off at times. He is just too much of an airhead. You know, the normal "did you say something, girl who has a crush on me?" His "I dont give 2 shits" attitude in the early game is just annoying :wahaha:

Also he gets in the way of my yuri :makina:

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

I guess this comes as no suprise but Makoto from school days. I want him to burn in the pits of hell for all eternity. Kind of.

Hmm... I can't say I hate him, because well he is quite the nice guy, but Cero from Katahane kind of pissed me off at times. He is just too much of an airhead. You know, the normal "did you say something, girl who has a crush on me?" His "I dont give 2 shits" attitude in the early game is just annoying :wahaha:

Also he gets in the way of my yuri :makina:

So he's one of those protagonists. I also hate those protagonists who can't tell when girls obviously like him. Masaya is a recent example of that kind of protagonist. It annoyed me at times.

Just now, VirginSmasher said:

So he's one of those protagonists. I also hate those protagonists who can't tell when girls obviously like him. Masaya is a recent example of that kind of protagonist. It annoyed me at times.

Yeah. Cero is actually very nice. He is one of those people who just honestly has absolutely no idea and can't help it. But still... It's fucking annoying :makina:

Also, again, Yuri cockblock. Wait ... Vagina ... Block? ... :michiru: ...

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah. Cero is actually very nice. He is one of those people who just honestly has absolutely no idea and can't help it. But still... It's fucking annoying :makina:

Please, just sit over there, and shut up :amane:

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I swear. If you could, you'd remove all males from all VNs just so there'd be no yuri cockblocks. :holo: