False Elegy [Kickstarter Launched just now!]

Kkoro

Hey guys! Now that summer break is over, it's time to get back to work.
Even though most of us were on a holiday, we've still managed to make a lot of progress! So here's our new update:

• The GUI by Atomic Invasion is completely finished! We went for something bright, but still with a "cold" feel. Seeing the results, Here's a sneak peek: 
    OkOS5t8.png?1
  • 1eYiAs1.jpg?1

• New backgrounds have been drawn!
  • We've made two new character sprites!
  • Old sprites have been rescaled to fit the textbox better. 
  • 90% of the scenes have been coded.
  • New music tracks have been added!

As we are nearing the completion of our demo, the next steps are new CGs and more tracks.
Thank you for your patience! 
We hope you're looking forward to the next update!

1 hour ago, Nier said:

You guys are thinking of doing a Kickastarter for this?

Yes we are! We're currently funding the demo ourselves, but unfortunately, we aren't able to fund the whole visual novel. 

In return for the support, we are planning on releasing this game for free. It'll hopefully be a way for us to support the (western) visual novel industry. 

Next to the game, some of us are also working on spreading the word about the game. We're also building a website and creating a prefundia. We're making sure that everything's there before we launch a kickstarter. 

4 hours ago, Kkoro said:

Yes we are! We're currently funding the demo ourselves, but unfortunately, we aren't able to fund the whole visual novel. 

In return for the support, we are planning on releasing this game for free. It'll hopefully be a way for us to support the (western) visual novel industry. 

Next to the game, some of us are also working on spreading the word about the game. We're also building a website and creating a prefundia. We're making sure that everything's there before we launch a kickstarter. 

I see that's good to know, any plans to have reward tiers that offer a physical DVD-ROM copy version of the game?

4 hours ago, Nier said:

I see that's good to know, any plans to have reward tiers that offer a physical DVD-ROM copy version of the game?

Yes! We can't say too much yet, but we're planning on making a physical version of the game. Hopefully, we can make it something special and make it KS limited edition item.

1 hour ago, Kkoro said:

Yes! We can't say too much yet, but we're planning on making a physical version of the game. Hopefully, we can make it something special and make it KS limited edition item.

Great to hear! I am a big enthusiast of VN/OELVN Kickstarter/IndieGogo physical game version rewards, so will definitly support the Kickstarter for False Elegy when it launches since the game caught my interest.

On 1-10-2016 at 7:33 PM, Nier said:

Great to hear! I am a big enthusiast of VN/OELVN Kickstarter/IndieGogo physical game version rewards, so will definitly support the Kickstarter for False Elegy when it launches since the game caught my interest.

Thank you so much! That means a lot to us! If you are interested in any other kind of reward, don't hesitate to share them with us. We're always open to suggestions. 

33 minutes ago, Kkoro said:

Thank you so much! That means a lot to us! If you are interested in any other kind of rewards, don't hesitate to share them with us. We're always open to suggestions. 

Well, the most important thing that takes first priority over all else is the game itself afterall so a physical copy of the game takes precedence over any other physical rewards, second priority would be physical OST and physical Artbook.

I wouldn't mind a Collector's Edition or Deluxe Box set that contains all 3 of these items. (given that it's not some unreasonably high price like 250 USD+).

Here is an example of the recent campaigns I supported and which tiers I chose:

Root Double, 125 USD Reward Tier Collector's Edition:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/description

Muv-Luv, 220 USD Reward Tier Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/description

ChronoClock, 175 USD Reward Tier Deluxe Box Set + Fan Book:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/chronoclock-limited-edition-box-set-and-exclusive/description

The Human Reignition Project, 100 USD Reward Tier The Physical Package:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/the-human-reignition-project-an-english-visual-nov/description

On 2-10-2016 at 9:59 PM, Nier said:

Well, the most important thing that takes first priority over all else is the game itself afterall so a physical copy of the game takes precedence over any other physical rewards, second priority would be physical OST and physical Artbook.

I wouldn't mind a Collector's Edition or Deluxe Box set that contains all 3 of these items. (given that it's not some unreasonably high price like 250 USD+).

Here is an example of the recent campaigns I supported and which tiers I chose:

Root Double, 125 USD Reward Tier Collector's Edition:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/description

Muv-Luv, 220 USD Reward Tier Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/description

ChronoClock, 175 USD Reward Tier Deluxe Box Set + Fan Book:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/chronoclock-limited-edition-box-set-and-exclusive/description

The Human Reignition Project, 100 USD Reward Tier The Physical Package:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/the-human-reignition-project-an-english-visual-nov/description

Thank you for the info! It'd definitely be cool if we could manage to create a physical collectors box. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Wow! I have to agree, the art and style is absolutely beautiful! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this and be sure to check out the demo once it's released. ^_^

Please keep up the amazing work! :sachi:

Thank you! We'll definitely continue to do our best.

As a bonus, here's the coloring preview of the WiP CG:

tQMGxrh.jpg

18 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Oh wow, I like the art style. :mare: I love how you decided to stick with the standard bishounen/bishoujo look for your characters and not opt for something more westernized like I see many western VN devs do.

This one actually peeked my interest. I'm gonna have to give this a try sometime.

Thank you for the interest! 

I'm really happy that we found the artist for the bishoujo artstyle. The style is just so gorgeous, no other style comes close to it! 

• 1 month later...

We have big news in a couple of days! Look forward to it!

Meanwhile, here's a preview of Tuamera City. We have some assets, but we'd like to show those as a surprise in the demo!
6Xxp0qU.png

Thanks for everyone who has been following us for what's been over a year now. 
If you aren't following us yet, the link is in my signature down below!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! We're happy to present our key visual! Please let us know what you think.

We're with how it turned out. Here's a portrait version. This will also be the box art for physical editions! 

EBR9fLF.png

Our demo is also being tested right now. Official release will be soon!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/1/24 at 8:50 PM, Kkoro said:

Hey guys! We're happy to present our key visual! Please let us know what you think.

We're with how it turned out. Here's a portrait version. This will also be the box art for physical editions! 

EBR9fLF.png

Looks mysterious, I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Nier said:

Some news, a demo was just released if anyone is interested in trying it out:

https://falseelegy.itch.io/false-elegy

https://vndb.org/v20743

I played some of it, it's got great art and great music, story-wise to give you an idea it's kinda like the Tokyo Babel of OELVNs.

Thanks for posting it for me here Nier!

Would be great the hear any opinion about the demo!

I think it's mainly good, except for the fact that for the pricing you used is kinda non-standard for Kickstarter (For example I never seen anyone using retail pricing models such as 59.99 on Kickstarter), with the exception of the first tier (the 1 USD) you should use 0's and 5's rather than 0's and 9's, like instead of having the pricing at 15 USD and 19 USD as it is right now, it is better to put it at 15 USD and 20 USD, I checked quite a few of the Kickstarter that I backed (Sharin, Dies Irae, Chrono Clock, Muv-Luv) and they all used 0's and 5's.

You should also perhaps give an approximate on how much pages the physical Artbook might have.

Aside from this I might probably back for the 69 USD tier for the Nephilim Edition tier, the 110 USD tier interest me too for the physical Artbook, but it depends on how meaty it is.

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, Nier said:

I think it's mainly good, except for the fact that for the pricing you used is kinda non-standard for Kickstarter (For example I never seen anyone using retail pricing models such as 59.99 on Kickstarter), with the exception of the first tier (the 1 USD) you should use 0's and 5's rather than 0's and 9's, like instead of having the pricing at 15 USD and 19 USD as it is right now, it is better to put it at 15 USD and 20 USD, I checked quite a few of the Kickstarter that I backed (Sharin, Dies Irae, Chrono Clock, Muv-Luv) and they all used 0's and 5's.

You should also perhaps give an approximate on how much pages the physical Artbook might have.

Aside from this I might probably back for the 69 USD tier for the Nephilim Edition tier, the 110 USD tier interest me too for the physical Artbook, but it depends on how meaty it is.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll add an estimation of the Artbook.
We'll also look into the prices. It's kind of wonky as we have to do an estimation converted from euros. Kickstarter doesn't allow us to do dollars, but they'll automatically show an estimate in dollars in the reward tier.
It's a strange situation because we want to offer the game at 18 euros(lower than retail), which would be converted to 19 dollars approximately. Anyway, we'll consider changing it to 19 euros/20 dollars!