False Elegy [Kickstarter Launched just now!]

Kkoro

Kickstarter Live now! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1183318884/false-elegy-the-dark-fantasy-visual-novel

In order to find his lost friend, a divine entity has to bind with a beautiful demon corrupted by sin. With their lives connected as one, the only way to survive is by withstanding heaven and hell together.

EBR9fLF.png

"This messed up world consists of those who fall and those who thrive off of the fallen. Whatever you choose, you'll be one of the two."

Since the dawn of man, Ascendants have been seen soaring in the skies. To the humans, they are ethereal, divine and immortal beings; guardians of earth and protectors of humankind. But even among the Ascendants, there are those who have Fallen.

Areon is an Ascendant who hunts the creatures born from sin; the Fallen. Together with his partner Eden, he purges the world little by little. Everything goes effortlessly until Areon is asked to participate in the Divinity project; a project to rehabilitate Fallen. Only the best Ascendants are chosen due to the dangers. During the project, a Divinity Link will be formed between the two until one Ascends, or one Falls.

At the selection, the beautiful Ark caught his attention. A Fallen that had been caught three weeks ago, but never approached due to her insanely corrupted personality. Areon, undaunted by her ferocity, forms a link with Ark. However, he did not realize that his powers will be irrelevant. What will be challenged are his wits, resolve, and mental fortitude. What awaits him is a bigger task than he could have ever imagined.

Prepare for the release of the demo. Will you change the story? Or will the story change you?

Who are we?

Hey! We're Team geNe6 and we're an international team striving to make our mark in the visual novel world. Our goal is to create the high-quality visual novel which everyone has been waiting for, while also introducing people to the medium. Inspired by both Japanese and western media, we hope to create something unique, and surprise everyone with our upcoming visual novel; False Elegy.

8Aa1QAC.png

Characters

w4AuaN6.png

ysXWZLi.png

nOgbsye.png

IIEhDTG.png

GGb5N6e.jpg

General info:

• The story will contain psychological, action, fantasy, romance and mature elements
  • We are aiming for around 15-20 hours of reading time.
  • Sprites will have different poses with different expressions.
  • The visual novel will contain original backgrounds.
  • Music will be composed exclusively for the visual novel.

Progress

We are currently working towards finishing the demo! The demo will cover the first chapter of the story.

Writing: 100% of the demo

Spoiler

Chapter 1:

• Scene 1: Finished
  • Scene 2: Finished
  • Scene 3: Finished
  • Scene 4: Finished 
  • Scene 5: Finished 
  • Scene 6 : Finished 
  • Scene 7: Finished
  • Scene 8: Finished
  • Scene 9: Finished
  • Scene 10: Finished
  • Scene 11: Finished

Chapter 2:

Editing: 100%

Spoiler

Chapter 1:

• Scene 3: Finished
  • Scene 4: Finished 
  • Scene 5: Finished 
  • Scene 6 : Finished
  • Scene 8: Finished
  • Scene 9: Finished
  • Scene 10: Finished
  • Scene 11: Finished

Chapter 2:

• Scene 2: Finished

Character Art: 100%

Spoiler

Areon: Finished

Ark: Finished

Eden: Finished

Zola: Finished

Daryn: Finished

All side characters: finished

CG Art: 100%

WIP CG art:

MksMIVT.jpg

Background Art: 100%

UN13VKD.jpg

beFNu55.jpg

3U5yipA.jpg

6Xxp0qU.png%5B

GUI: 100%

n2gCJRs.png?1

in2HOeK.jpg?1
Music: 100%

Spoiler

Info coming soon!

Programming: 100%

Spoiler

Info coming soon!

Feel free to introduce yourself and please share your first impressions! Questions, comments, and criticism are always welcome!

Follow us now on twitter!: https://twitter.com/Team_geNe6

or on facebook!: https://www.facebook.com/FalseElegy/

Lemmasoft version of this post: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37416

Edited by Kkoro
KS launch

15 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Wow, just wow

That art is just how I'd want my VNs to be drawn

I'm REALLY looking forward to this

I'll definetly be playing the demo

Good luck, I'm expecting great things from you :sachi:

Thank you for your support! We're really glad we've got such talented artists on board. We'll continute to do our best!

On 4-3-2016 at 4:15 PM, Black Sands Entertainment said:

this is refreshing. The art style is different in all the right ways.

Ohh Black Sands! Your art style has always been really admirable!

On 4-3-2016 at 6:03 PM, Diamon said:

This looks really cool! Good luck to you guys! :)

Thank you for the kind words! We are doing our best!

• 2 weeks later...

New update!

• We have been looking for a new background artist. We wanted to choose someone with the skills and style that would fit False Elegy.
    That's why we're more than happy to announce that ForD Nguyen will be joining team geNe6 as our new background artist! Check out his gallery here: http://fomasoro.deviantart.com/gallery/.
    We're discussing the backgrounds at the moment so expect to see some cool stuff soon!
  • New profile added! The main character of False Elegy; Areon!
  • Also, the new logo revealed! Work done by Ds-sans, KarnxJiro, and Jesse Ang.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's interesting to me, angels trying to bring up fallen angels, it's like saying no matter how far you fall you can get right back up with some help. The character designs look good to me and 15-20 hours would be enough to build a story like this, provided it doesn't have a branching plot. This main character however seems like a GARY STU!!!, I really hope that's not the case, a real hero to me needs to be made not born.

I wish you the best of luck with the project and happy writing.:sacchan:

14 hours ago, Leaf said:

Well it's interesting to me, angels trying to bring up fallen angels, it's like saying no matter how far you fall you can get right back up with some help. The character designs look good to me and 15-20 hours would be enough to build a story like this, provided it doesn't have a branching plot. This main character however seems like a GARY STU!!!, I really hope that's not the case, a real hero to me needs to be made not born.

I wish you the best of luck with the project and happy writing.:sacchan:

Thank you very much for the support! It makes me really happy to read your first impressions. It'll be exciting to show you how the story will turn out to be.

Regarding the main character; I don't want to say too much. But regardless of his abilities, the Areon at the beginning of the story won't be the same as the one at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

UN13VKD.jpg

Here we have a little preview of one of the visual novel core elements; the background art! An alley in Tuamera City. 

The team has been looking for something that could match the sprites in terms of quality and style. We're glad to say that we've found it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey hello!

We've got a new update: Team geNe6 has been expanded! We'd like to welcome Anytsdow, and DragoonHP!

FkALExU.png

In the past few weeks, we've made significant progress on editing, CG art, and background art. Here's a little preview:

lxsesH8.jpg

We are currently working on a new character sprite, music, the GUI, more editing and even more art. Stay tuned!

Hello guys!

After some intensive work, we've finally been able to free up some time for another update!
We have three new characters! You'll encounter them in the demo soon. Here's a little preview of one of the Fallen:
GGb5N6e.jpg

We would also like to share a preview of the beautiful background work:
3U5yipA.jpg

Not only do we have new backgrounds finished, we have also updated some of the older ones.
beFNu55.jpg
We decided that even though we really love the orange lights in the previous versions, the "warm" feeling does not really fit the mood of the story. That's why we changed it to a colder color, with added details! We will follow this style for the other backgrounds as well.

We are also continuing our work on the writing, music, GUI and scripting.
Hope to see you guys at the next update!