Recommend a VN to Eurobeatz

Eurobeatz

Hello Fuwanovel members! I would like your help in finding a VN that:

-Has Romance and Violence as major themes. My favorite VNs (Saya no Uta and G-senjou no Maou) are great examples of VNs with both these themes. Other examples of such games (that I have played) are: Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (and the fandisk), Dra+KoI, Kara no Shoujo, and Kikokugai - The Cyber Slayer. Bonus points if the game has detective elements, and extra bonus points if it has horror elements.

-Is not a nukige or an otome game.

-Has been translated to English.

-Is not sappy or too cutesy. Please no Key games, they're not really my thing.

-Is preferably of medium or short length.

-Is preferably an eroge.

-Preferably has only text and no actual gameplay elements other than choices.

Click the link to my VNDB profile in my signature if you want to see what I've already played. I'm fine with any amount of gore, and am not easily disturbed/disgusted at all. Sorry for being so picky.

Gota say Fate/Stay Night is a great game, pretty sure it fits your requirements

MuvLuv is also great but going through Extra was quite painful (unlimited and Alternative make it worth it)

also on something of a side note Junipers Knot is a free KN (VN with no choices), i thought it was good. (its also really short)

Yup, Corpse Party sure has violence in it, Its a great game aswell, Im personally looking foward to playing its sequel "Book of Shadows", Muv-Luv should also be taken in consideration, Its one hell of an VN, but as Gork-san said, Extra can be quite...painful, but It gets much better later on in my opinion.

If Romance and Violence are your preferences, why not just search English translated Nitro+ games<Well Since most of the time, N+ games are dark-themed.>.. Though the only unlisted Nitro+ games there is Demonbane, Phantom of Inferno,Chaos;head and Steins gate. Don't know if I missed one or two more titles..