Jun Maeda Hospitalized

babiker

Mods derailing the thread? But ...

Also @Down, can you lock Bab and Ren in a room together until they learn to get along? Throw away the key as well, it'll be most amusing to see them forced to shake hands through gritted teeth only to discover you no longer have the means to let them out.

I don't like Key but I respect Maeda as a writer and how he influenced the industry. Wish him the best, hope this isn't serious.

3 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Mods derailing the thread? But ...

Also @Down, can you lock Bab and Ren in a room together until they learn to get along? Throw away the key as well, it'll be most amusing to see them forced to shake hands through gritted teeth only to discover you no longer have the means to let them out.

I don't like Key but I respect Maeda as a writer and how he influenced the industry. Wish him the best, hope this isn't serious.

Maybe it's because I haven't dealt with derailing in a while (our amazing BMs dealing with most of that), but I nowdays I find most of it ok if they're having a nice discussion going. I am conflicted on whether or not to hide some posts in this thread for a whole different reason, but in my opinion, if people are managing to make some fuwafriends with some small derailing it's fine... Then again, I'm doing this mostly to entertain myself. Rip me, anyone with power feel free to hide all my bs and the previous rather angsty conversation that has went on for a while if you feel like it. 

9 hours ago, Rooke said:

Pfffft, as you can see I haven't replied to Ren's last post nor will I, It's one thing to call someone out on exceptionally despicable behavior, but I ain't turning the thread into another Ren vs Fuwa thread, there's enough of those out there. 

Although I will say that I consider simply being nice to be the most thing that binds this community together. We may disagree on how to make VNs popular in the west, Piracy and torrents, how good KEY is, but the one thing we've seemed to always agree on is keeping a nice, welcoming atmosphere. We don't tolerate elitists going around and making fun of/humiliating newbies, nor do we tolerate hostile behavior and to an extent, foul language. Things that every community I've been in- Be it Reddit, game forums, or youtube comments- seem to fall prey to those eventually, and while we haven't quite reached that point I feel people are slowly drifting in that direction.

I may just be making a big deal out of this, but after losing torrents, I don't want to see Fuwa lose the only truly valuable thing it has left.

Spoiler

This is Fuwa!

sparta-1.gif

7 hours ago, babiker said:

Pfffft, as you can see I haven't replied to Ren's last post nor will I, It's one thing to call someone out on exceptionally despicable behavior, but I ain't turning the thread into another Ren vs Fuwa thread, there's enough of those out there. 

Although I will say that I consider simply being nice to be the most thing that binds this community together. We may disagree on how to make VNs popular in the west, Piracy and torrents, how good KEY is, but the one thing we've seemed to always agree on is keeping a nice, welcoming atmosphere. We don't tolerate elitists going around and making fun of/humiliating newbies, nor do we tolerate hostile behavior and to an extent, foul language. Things that every community I've been in- Be it Reddit, game forums, or youtube comments- seem to fall prey to those eventually, and while we haven't quite reached that point I feel people are slowly drifting in that direction.

I may just be making a big deal out of this, but after losing torrents, I don't want to see Fuwa lose the only truly valuable thing it has left.

Reveal hidden contents

This is Fuwa!

sparta-1.gif

You as well babiker. Get off your fucking high horse.

I barely ever post here, just kind of browse. I enjoy Jun Maeda's work, and I hope he gets better. I actually really like Key VNs.

What I don't like is that this thread about a sick man has been derailed into a half assed flame war. There is no way that Maeda will ever see this thread, true, but show some respect for a respectable fellow human being. This is why I hate small, close knit communities like this. They just stew in their own juices until they become sour.

Seriously, get over yourselves.

Mad respect, Jun Maeda. You're a hard worker, and hopefully after a much deserved rest you'll be well enough to assess what's next for you. Best of wishes.

On 3/1/2016 at 11:44 AM, Zakamutt said:

"Random man you don't know what he did hospitalized"

"Jun Maeda, writer for blah blah blah, hosiptalized"

I'm not going to fault anyone for writing a headline more interesting than the first one. Did you just wake up on the wrong side of the floor after falling off the third level of a bunk bed into a pit of spikes or something?

--

Well, let's hope he stays alive to write the rest of the angel beats vns.

Look, I will straight up apologize for my comment about disliking Maeda. It was uncalled for, and I understand that. As I had said, it was in response to the comment above that upset me. I had given a legitimate concern about the article and said (in a very respectful manner) that I felt it didn't need to point out what he had done in his career. The opening post in this thread also stated that they hope the "great VN writer" gets better. That extra tag triggered me, and I misread the purpose of the post. Even if he wasn't a great VN writer, does that make him less of a person to wish good health to? I took the comment as a personal remark, and for that I apologize.

If you read the original post I made, I had stated that whatever happened to him sucks and I do hope he feels better. After being attacked I started a pointless flame war. Again, I'm sorry, but I would appreciate it if people stopped pointing out how saying one bad thing makes me a terrible member of the community and scum on this planet. It is actually extremely rude and disrespectful all things considered.

People make mistakes. I made one in this thread. I'm sorry.

• 4 months later...

That tweet is freaking sad. He literally says he can't go on living with his current heart, but surgery is expensive and being admitted into a hospital is also not really something he wants to deal with.

He also says he's playing games on his ps vita and that the characters are too OP.

what kind of thinking is "Surgery is too expensive, I don't like surgery either" He is kinda giving up already, he is 41 years old... is that the retrograde japanese way of thinking that after you are 30 years old you are too old to keep leaving or doing things or what the fuck... I just don't get it.
Hope he keeps fighting and doesn't give up like a bitch. (yes i'm really mad with his attitude)

1 hour ago, Deep Blue said:

what kind of thinking is "Surgery is too expensive, I don't like surgery either" He is kinda giving up already, he is 41 years old... is that the retrograde japanese way of thinking that after you are 30 years old you are too old to keep leaving or doing things or what the fuck... I just don't get it.
Hope he keeps fighting and doesn't give up like a bitch. (yes i'm really mad with his attitude)

He posted a 2nd tweet saying he still has a long way to go and will make plenty of works before he dies.

I'm assuming he went to the doctor and they told him his heart will eventually fail and if he wants to live past a certain age he'll need a heart transplant. It's not uncommon to get a diagnosis like this.

In the same way that Maeda's attitude towards it is not that uncommon of an attitude. He's not giving up, he's just saying he will continue on with life because even with his current heart he will apparently still last for a while.

Also I'm sure he'll try to put himself on a heart transplant list and the tweet was probably meant to not be a complete downer.

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

He posted a 2nd tweet saying he still has a long way to go and will make plenty of works before he dies.

I'm assuming he went to the doctor and they told him his heart will eventually fail and if he wants to live past a certain age he'll need a heart transplant. It's not uncommon to get a diagnosis like this.

In the same way that Maeda's attitude towards it is not that uncommon of an attitude. He's not giving up, he's just saying he will continue on with life because even with his current heart he will apparently still last for a while.

Also I'm sure he'll try to put himself on a heart transplant list and the tweet was probably meant to not be a complete downer.

Yeah I posted his other tweet a minute before your reply :P 
His first tweet didnt sound very optimistic it was more like him not giving a crap if he was going to live or die (at least that was how it sounded to certain level), I mean the second tweet sounds a lot more optimistic and it was around 3 hours later, so I'm sure even him realized the tone of his first tweet even if it wasn't intended that way.