Jun Maeda Hospitalized

babiker

I think a person would like to be remembered and recognized by what they accomplished in life, not just by its name - which wouldn't have any difference to any others if it wouldn't by his fame.

The reality is that we wouldn't care if he wasn't the writer of Clannad or Charlotte, so I don't think it is a problem to use this information in the headline.

6 hours ago, OriginalRen said:

All right fine, I'll just be honest with myself and won't beat around the bush with what I'm trying to say:

Fuck Maeda. His stories are shit. I hope he doesn't die.

Man, even when he's sick, all you can do is show hatred...? I know not everyone's a Key fan over here, but going out of your way to show your malice to a sick author is... Disgustingly childish at best. You've had some pretty low times Ren, but I didn't think you'd drop this low. To think you were once a community leader, that once people actually looked up to you... Well, rip OriginalRen. I shall not confuse that man with this... Run 4chan spawn thing

20 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

I'm going to be the wet blanket. I hope this stops him from writing for awhile. This experience might make him write a more realistic plot for once.

Yeah, he's only been repeating Kanon's idea for what, a decade and a half? True that Rewrite (and some other works, such as Planetarian) deviates from that model. But hoping for him to write a "realistic" plot is just insane. He's proven he's very comfortable with heavy fantasy elements in the plot. It's just not his style to write a Metal Gear Solid, but who knows, with all that special agent crap from Rewrite...

6 hours ago, babiker said:

Man, even when he's sick, all you can do is show hatred...? I know not everyone's a Key fan over here, but going out of your way to show your malice to a sick author is... Disgustingly childish at best. You've had some pretty low times Ren, but I didn't think you'd drop this low. To think you were once a community leader, that once people actually looked up to you... Well, rip OriginalRen. I shall not confuse that man with this... Run 4chan spawn thing

People stopped caring about community a long time ago on Fuwanovel; you yourself said tough shit and told me to move on since nobody gave a rat's ass about activities, giveaways, the podcast, or anything I did anymore.

8 hours ago, babiker said:

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Damn, that sucks to hear. Hope he gets better. 

I dont even ... ... :amane:

chilll he said he hopes he doesn't die, just that his stories are shit. Acting like you suddenly like someone just to match popular sentiment is nothing but lying to look good. I hate Maeda too, and I too hope he does not die, and can continue writing shit VNs for me to get salty over for many years to come. So lets not take the high horse and act like people who don't like him and say as much are "disgustingly childish". Far from it, I ffeel that people who suddenly act like they like someone when illness happens are the childish ones

If Ren came out and said, "Good, I hope this worthless, talentless, uncreative piece of shit writer dies a slow and agonizing death in his hospital bed," then you might have a point. 

3 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

chilll he said he hopes he doesn't die, just that his stories are shit. Acting like you suddenly like someone just to match popular sentiment is nothing but lying to look good. I hate Maeda too, and I too hope he does not die, and can continue writing shit VNs for me to get salty over for many years to come. So lets not take the high horse and act like people who don't like him and say as much are "disgustingly childish". Far from it, I ffeel that people who suddenly act like they like someone when illness happens are the childish ones

If Ren came out and said, "Good, I hope this worthless, talentless, uncreative piece of shit writer dies a slow and agonizing death in his hospital bed," then you might have a point. 

Don't know why you included me in the quote and made this as a general statement to both me and Babiker, but your attitude kind of irritates me.

A person is in the hospital for an unkown reason. It could be serious. That's all I see. I don't care if he is a famous VN writer or a homeless man; its equally tragic. This thread just happens to be dedicated to Jun Maeda, and most people on this forum knows about his work. It's logical that they will say "I hope he gets better, I like his VNs." It's not shallow or anything like that. Saying you enjoy his work doesn't mean you automaticly put him above anyone else who might be in the hospital.

Your attitude, and Ren's, is extremely juvenile. I hope you see that. I get it, jokes, bla bla, but this is a person's life and it's not really something to joke about.

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Don't know why you included me in the quote and made this as a general statement to both me and Babiker, but your attitude kind of irritates me.

A person is in the hospital for an unkown reason. It could be serious. That's all I see. I don't care if he is a famous VN writer or a homeless man; its equally tragic. This thread just happens to be dedicated to Jun Maeda, and most people on this forum knows about his work. It's logical that they will say "I hope he gets better, I like his VNs." It's not shallow or anything like that. Saying you enjoy his work doesn't mean you automaticly put him above anyone else who might be in the hospital.

Your attitude, and Ren's, is extremely juvenile. I hope you see that. I get it, jokes, bla bla, but this is a person's life and it's not really something to joke about.

I misread yours, and you are misreading me. No, it is not shallow at all to say those things, and I'm not saying that people should not be concerned. I am saying that there is no reason to pretend to like someone just because they are sick. If Donald Trump, for example, fell ill suddenly and went to the hospital, would I suddenly like him? Hell no. Do I wish he would die? Never. I am saying attacking Ren for stating that he doesn't like him is silly. Ren himself said he hopes he doesn't die. 

Seems you just so happen to be one of the good people since you care about all sick people. 

And yes, I am very juvenile. I don't dispute it :wahaha:

35 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

That's the thing tho: No one said you have to like him or hate him. The people who are actually calmly wishing Jun Maeda gets better aren't praising the crap out of him either, they're just wishing a writer who's work they've enjoyed gets better. The purpose of this thread was to notify everyone of what's going and to check up on any updates. The problem isn't with "Pretending to like someone" or whatever it is you're saying, it's with going out of your way to remind everyone you hate this guy. That's what Ren said, not just that his work is bad, but saying fuck you to a guy's who's just been hospitalized is beyond any level of acceptable joking that I know of. It's just blatant, shameless and disgustingly childish hate, and Fuwa has always been the one place on the internet that doesn't have it.

And I don't want to see that change anytime soon. 

7 minutes ago, babiker said:

It's just blatant, shameless and disgustingly childish hate, and Fuwa has always been the one place on the internet that doesn't have it.

What does it matter what Ren says or how he feels about some guy? I agree, really no place for it in this thread, but also you are making way more of an issue about it than is needed. Literally everyone else except you ignored it and moved on. Because it doesn't matter. 

Oh I assure you, Fuwa has always been that way. Most of you just don't see it or notice it. 

4 hours ago, babiker said:

That's the thing tho: No one said you have to like him or hate him. The people who are actually calmly wishing Jun Maeda gets better aren't praising the crap out of him either, they're just wishing a writer who's work they've enjoyed gets better. The purpose of this thread was to notify everyone of what's going and to check up on any updates. The problem isn't with "Pretending to like someone" or whatever it is you're saying, it's with going out of your way to remind everyone you hate this guy. That's what Ren said, not just that his work is bad, but saying fuck you to a guy's who's just been hospitalized is beyond any level of acceptable joking that I know of. It's just blatant, shameless and disgustingly childish hate, and Fuwa has always been the one place on the internet that doesn't have it.

Don't be a hypocrite babiker. Even if I don't like the guy, having you tell me to my face that I am a child and going out of your way to remind me (and all Fuwans) about how I used to be a good guy and how this website is shit is doing the exact same thing you are calling me out for. As someone who used to troll with the FSG, don't you dare talk to me about "being childish."

None of this was a problem to begin with. Zakamutt decided to call me out and purposefully egged me on so I would say some stupid remark that wasn't needed, thus causing me to defend myself and state an inappropriate remark which was poorly timed in this thread. Am I at fault? Sure, but none of this should have even happened if you understood what I meant initially. Christ.

5 hours ago, solidbatman said:

What does it matter what Ren says or how he feels about some guy? I agree, really no place for it in this thread, but also you are making way more of an issue about it than is needed. Literally everyone else except you ignored it and moved on. Because it doesn't matter. 

Oh I assure you, Fuwa has always been that way. Most of you just don't see it or notice it. 

If anything, we're better nowdays- standard first line for discussions back in the day: " sigh, GODDAMNIT SHUT UP AND LISTEN. For 2 seconds just shut up and listen. Truly listen for a minute." :miyako: 

I do think there's still a sense of community around. Just look at the newcomers, it's the same as its always been. They go, meet each other, make some nice little groups and praise the site to heavens and above. It's just that we have lots of old-timers leaving and I guess it feels like our circles are getting smaller and we're getting disconnected. Maybe I'm just an idiot, though. I dunno.

And I wish Maeda well.

2 minutes ago, Down said:

Is it time for our trimestrial fuwanovel identity crisis again? Time sure flies.

You're stingy and always stays away from it :salt: 

Give us anything, you're like one of the most interesting people around to hear random thoughts from :komari: