Jump to content

Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

babiker

Jun Maeda Hospitalized

Recommended Posts

more importantly, LOOK WHAT THEYRE ADVERTISING! AME AND YUKI FROM WOLF'S CHILDREN FIGURINES FOR ONLY $10.99?

 

SOLD!!!!

 

im kidding of course. might be bad timing, but i honestly do hope he gets better. i honestly love his work as a writer and a composer and hope whatever hospitalized him is only minor and he recovers soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm just a jackass, but wishing somebody is well while using the tag "the great VN writer" makes me feel that you care nothing about him being an actual human being and care more about the fact that a guy who wrote some stories for Key doesn't die. Also, that tag seems rude. Rather than stating what he did in the actual post (write Clannad/Charlotte), the news report felt it important to state that in the title. To me, it's basically drawing attention from people for no reason when if they actually did know the guy and care about his well being, wouldn't need a title to tell us what he did. It just feels like the article is trying to draw useless "get well soon" responses from random fans. It just comes off wrong with the wording.

Regardless, I hope things work out and he gets well soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

Maybe I'm just a jackass, but wishing somebody is well while using the tag "the great VN writer" makes me feel that you care nothing about him being an actual human being and care more about the fact that a guy who wrote some stories for Key doesn't die. It just comes off wrong with the wording.

Regardless, hope things work out.

well, he is a great vn writer. i know thats subjective but he has written numerous well received works. would it be better if her wrote "Japanese, dark haired man hospitalized"? famous people are defined by their work, so its no wonder he would use something that defines the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

well, he is a great vn writer. i know thats subjective but he has written numerous well received works. would it be better if her wrote "Japanese, dark haired man hospitalized"? famous people are defined by their work, so its no wonder he would use something that defines the guy.

You can state what he did in the actual article, not in the title. That's all I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Down said:

I suppose it would be of bad taste to make a joke about Key AIDS.

Psh I have no taste so...

 

It doesnt matter what happens guys. A miracle will happen guys, and all of your sadness will be completely undone when he just gets up and walks out of the hospital like it never happened, with no explanations :sachi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OriginalRen said:

You can state what he did in the actual article, not in the title. That's all I'm saying.

"Random man you don't know what he did hospitalized"

"Jun Maeda, writer for blah blah blah, hosiptalized"

I'm not going to fault anyone for writing a headline more interesting than the first one. Did you just wake up on the wrong side of the floor after falling off the third level of a bunk bed into a pit of spikes or something?

--

Well, let's hope he stays alive to write the rest of the angel beats vns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

"Random man you don't know what he did hospitalized"

"Jun Maeda, writer for blah blah blah, hosiptalized"

I'm not going to fault anyone for writing a headline more interesting than the first one. Did you just wake up on the wrong side of the floor after falling off the third level of a bunk bed into a pit of spikes or something?

--

Well, let's hope he stays alive to write the rest of the angel beats vns.

Again, you can call me a dick, but wishing somebody gets well is an empty statement. Do you honestly think you'd care about any other Japanese VN writer if this was happening to them? Of course not. The fact it's Maeda and the fact that you feel the need to point out his amazing Key accomplishments because you love his games seems empty and pathetic. In other words, wish someone well for being a normal human being, not for having the name Maeda. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

Again, you can call me a dick, but wishing somebody gets well is an empty statement. Do you honestly think you'd care about any other Japanese VN writer if this was happening to them? Of course not. The fact it's Maeda and the fact that you feel the need to point out his amazing Key accomplishments because you love his games seems empty and pathetic. That's all.

You are completely correct in that I don't really care about Japanese people across the world who I have only engaged with through their written works, other than about said writing. If I spent time worrying about everyone, no matter if I had an emotional connection to them, I'd be hit with blow after emotional blow literally every day. Not caring about everyone is a healthy part of human nature.

I completely agree that emptily wishing people well rings extremely hollow, which is why I didn't. If you have a problem with the social construct causing this well-wishing, though, you should probably find a more appropriate angle of attack than a headline on a third-rate news website.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

I thought that was the implication in your post.

I wouldn't consider Fuwa a news site - the link in the OP is to ANN. Since this seemed obvious, I decided to try to tentatively play along with your statement which may or may not have just been written due to you not reading my post as I intended. Considering Run's whine kind of encompassed both this post and the ANN headline, I can understand why you'd get the wrong idea.

And here, we see the dangers of joking on the Internet.

Assuming you're not just continuing the chain of irony.

Feels like a lose-lose situation, to be honest... sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly not sure if I'd want to go through the trouble of gathering all those light orbs without a walkthrough, though. Anyone have a good map to the various dimensions you'd need to visit and the actions needed therein to save him from Key cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×