Leonardo DiCaprio finally wins an Oscar

CeruleanGamer

he really should be thankful to Iñarritu for this,  but yeah he finally did it xD kudos for him

I don't agree with those titles titanic is a piece of crap, inception was meh and The Wolf of Wall Street was a terrible movie (he did performance really good)

now he fucking owned it with what's eating gilbert grape, the basketball diaries or  this boy's life, pretty much all his early work is just outstanding 

40 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

I really liked Leonardo DiCaprio's performance as "Leonardo DiCaprio in the cold". Remember when he grunted, ate a raw fish and was filmed in the cold? Brought tears to my eyes, what an actor. 

Dunno how much of that is just half-joking, but that's pretty much my opinion on the matter. He played better in TWOWS and Inception, in part because there wasn't much to play except grunting, eating fish, and being filmed in the cold in this role.

17 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Dunno how much of that is just half-joking, but that's pretty much my opinion on the matter. He played better in TWOWS and Inception, in part because there wasn't much to play except grunting, eating fish, and being filmed in the cold in this role.

Pretty much the entire post was sarcasm.

First things first: I don't hate Leonardo DiCaprio. He's always doing a fine job and is really good at shouting and making angry faces. But ultimately, he falls into the same hole as Tom Cruise: Leo always portrays Leo on screen. Leo can not play other characters, he can only play Leo pretending to be another character, which is different from actors like Tom Hardy or Jake Gyllenhaal who actually become different people on screen.

Should Leo have gotten an Oscar? The answer: Maybe? Ultimately, who cares? The oscars are just an award show, despite people treating it like an election. Slapping an "WON xx OSCARS!" sticker onto a DVD doesn't make the movie a better movie, it just makes more cash because people are stupid.

Should Leo have gotten an Oscar for this role in particular? - Probably not, because eating a raw fish and being filmed in the cold doesn't really require you be a good actor, it just requires you to eat a raw fish and be filmed in the cold. Other than that, Leo didn't do a lot in The Revenant and the scenes in which he had actual dialogue, he was utterly trumped by Tom Hardy, who once again proved how great of an actor he is.

But honestly, who cares? The oscars are something everyone looks forward to for 3 months and forgets about in 3 minutes, until the next Oscars come along.

19 minutes ago, Valmore said:

It's good the Academy finally owned up to how worthless the Oscars are by finally awarding Tiger Beat DiCaprio with a gold-plated statue. I look forward to Channing Tatum's award for Gambit in 2018.

So you're saying DiCaprio never deserved an Oscar for any of the films he's been nominated in? Lol..

1 hour ago, Valmore said:

So you'rea saying he deserved an Oscar for any of the films he's been nominated in? Lol...

be honest, not the films he has been nominated(I agree most of them crap) but some of his early work, you cannot say that he didnt deserve it in those, tell me if his acting in what's eating gilbert grape didn't  deserve an oscar

giphy.gif