Visual Novels about debating

LeonidasTan

KoiChoco, I guess? Although the politics are only really significant in a couple of the routes. Also (I haven't read it) I assume My Girlfriend is the President has some sort of debating in it.

Oh, do courtroom cases count as debates? If so, Phoenix Wright is good too. 

Thanks for the recommendations guys. 

34 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Also (I haven't read it) I assume My Girlfriend is the President has some sort of debating in it.

Yeah it had that one debate scene debating their love for the protagonist and other current affairs matters although it wasn't actually a serious one. 

34 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Yumina the Ethereal

The RPG mechanics are actually a visualization of debate battles, and during their attacks they shout out lines like "Your logic is flawed!"

Sounds interesting. I'll give this one a try. 

4 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

swan song, there are many debates, there is specially good one where they are talking about if killing a person is ok or not.

5 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

Yumina the Ethereal

The RPG mechanics are actually a visualization of debate battles, and during their attacks they shout out lines like "Your logic is flawed!"

I'm sold

SOLD I TELL YA

Well, debate as a 'sport' involves being assigned a 'position' on an 'issue' as a team and being required to defend it with both logical and emotional arguments, convincing the judges and/or audience of their position's correctness.  In the case of 'sport' debates, you aren't given an option of which position to take, so you might find yourself defending a position you yourself don't believe in.  The primary skill of a debater in this case is being able to consider the benefits of all sides, figure out in advance what arguments the other side is likely to use, and basically dismantle their logic while pressing yours. 

Incidentally, it can be said that most political debates are actually closer to this, as politicians are required by their desire to get elected to frequently take positions they might find personally objectionable. 

Well in Greece when they were teaching rhetoric they often made you defend something (a random subject was assigned to you) and then contra-argument what you said, the goal was to convince the ones who were testing you and see if you were able to convince them both way. 

Sadly or luckily depending the way you see it I had to study it for school since rhetoric is a big part of being a lawyer :P (not in the same way as in USA for example since there are no trials with juries here)

Again I find the process really interesting but it all comes down to the subject itself that is being debated.