Visual novel where you are in control

visualnovelfan

31 minutes ago, spademan said:

sharin no kuni, you are aiming to be one of the top leaders in society, and have to supervise criminals.

also bunny black, you start off as a grunt and work your way to the top of your harem

I already played Sharin no Kuni.

Is the other one you mentioned good?

It does not sound like something with a good story.

True Remembrance, you are one of the few very people in the world with a particular ability, I can't say more or I will ruin you the plot

G-senjou, same writer of sharin, you have a lot of power...kinda...but you do...not really....just read it :P

Swan song, I cant say anything about this one you need to read it. (very dark vn but not just for the sake of being dark)

24 minutes ago, visualnovelfan said:

I already played Sharin no Kuni.

Is the other one you mentioned good?

It does not sound like something with a good story.

i thought the story was actually pretty good. It has a 7.4 rating on vndb if you follow those. WOuld also reccomend tears to tiara, cause it seems like what you are looking for although I've just started it myself so not to sure

Hmm... What about Utawarerumono- a mysterious masked man with amnesia is taken by a tribe and helps them out until tragedy hits and he becomes the village's leader, leading them and eventually conquering the whole of their world. 

Another similar one would be Rose Guns Days- the protagonist changes by the season and some are underlings, but it's basically the story of how this night club becomes a mafia power and then a hyper-nationalist group, set in fictional japan after WW2, with the protagonists being the main figures in the group's history. 

Other than that there's also Hanachirasu- the protagonist is the lover of the owner of a very influential group and he has her on his fingertips. Hanachirasu is a very poetic short story about revenge, though. Not sure it's what you're looking for. 

Well, give them a try if you'd like.

5 hours ago, visualnovelfan said:

I am looking for a visual novel where you are in control or in a high position. It should have a good story.

It is alright if you are not in control when you start but slowly become the one in control.

Or if you are one of the major players or you become one.

G-senjou and Sharin no Kuni are probably closest to that description, others you might try:

Cross†Channel - Protagonist is a citizen with conformity coefficient of 80.
euphoria - if you usually skip h-scenes don't play this one, there is story worth reading but they are part of it. There is mental domination and sort of cat & mouse game. 
Grisaia no Kajitsu - generic school VN but sequel (in translation) might be interesting. Protagonist isn't regular student.

2 hours ago, pual said:

Grisaia no Kajitsu - generic school VN but sequel (in translation) might be interesting. Protagonist isn't regular student.

In the sequels you are very much not in control. The story is quite ... Different.

If you have watched the anime you have an overview of it.

Great VNs of course, but it doesn't fit the criteria here.

11 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

True Remembrance, you are one of the few very people in the world with a particular ability, I can't say more or I will ruin you the plot

G-senjou, same writer of sharin, you have a lot of power...kinda...but you do...not really....just read it :P

Swan song, I cant say anything about this one you need to read it. (very dark vn but not just for the sake of being dark)

I watched G-Senjou no Maou. I might try True Remembrance.

10 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Hmm... What about Utawarerumono- a mysterious masked man with amnesia is taken by a tribe and helps them out until tragedy hits and he becomes the village's leader, leading them and eventually conquering the whole of their world. 

Another similar one would be Rose Guns Days- the protagonist changes by the season and some are underlings, but it's basically the story of how this night club becomes a mafia power and then a hyper-nationalist group, set in fictional japan after WW2, with the protagonists being the main figures in the group's history. 

Other than that there's also Hanachirasu- the protagonist is the lover of the owner of a very influential group and he has her on his fingertips. Hanachirasu is a very poetic short story about revenge, though. Not sure it's what you're looking for. 

Well, give them a try if you'd like.

Utawarerumono might be interesting.

7 hours ago, pual said:

G-senjou and Sharin no Kuni are probably closest to that description, others you might try:

Cross†Channel - Protagonist is a citizen with conformity coefficient of 80.
euphoria - if you usually skip h-scenes don't play this one, there is story worth reading but they are part of it. There is mental domination and sort of cat & mouse game. 

I played all of them except Cross Channel. I don't really know what that means, is his level of conformity high or low? I assume low, if 100 is average.