Lucy -The eternity she wished for- released!

Nosebleed

3 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

oh, I know whats wrong now lol, thanks

How in the world did you get that error message?

The error message says 'Could not initialize Sound Driver.'

And you know how to solve the problem that I didn't even know about? lol

Please allow me to share your knowledge!

4 minutes ago, eeenseok said:

How in the world did you get that error message?

The error message says 'Could not initialize Sound Driver.'

And you know how to solve the problem that I didn't even know about? lol

Please allow me to share your knowledge!

Its because I use an external sound card and most visual novels cant run if you have all audio devices disabled for some reason

O boy...

Guys, I need your help.

There is a person who can't run Lucy from STEAM and I honestly have no idea why, since he's the only one who's having this trouble so far.

(There was one case, when the game is not running because of AVAST anti virus. If you disable it, it works)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/430960/discussions/0/405692758720106226/

He also posted Youtube file to show how he tries to run from his system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd6qWvLpcas

If anyone has any clue, I humbly ask you to share your kind wisdom.

I'll finish Lucy this weekend.

I'd say chances are it'll have a sad as $#@% ending, I mean the game opens up with the Three Laws of Robotics:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

So it can be foreshadowed there will be a sacrificial moment :sachi: 

Just finished playing this...

Wow...I have no words. Bravo is all I have to say.

I was seriously depressed with the way things were ending, but I didn't expect the game to have something like this up its sleeve. It completely caught me off guard, which is not something many stories do nowadays.

For anyone wondering whether or not this game has some sad as fuck ending, all I can say is play it. You will not regret it.

I'm sure a lot of people could consider the way this develops sort of "Key"-like, but I would definitely argue against it due to how well the game handles the delivery of all the sub plots.

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Just finished playing this...

Wow...I have no words. Bravo is all I have to say.

I was seriously depressed with the way things were ending, but I didn't expect the game to have something like this up its sleeve. It completely caught me off guard, which is not something many stories do nowadays.

For anyone wondering whether or not this game has some sad as fuck ending, all I can say is play it. You will not regret it.

I'm sure a lot of people could consider the way this develops sort of "Key"-like, but honestly, I think the way the game handles the delivery was pretty satisfying and was very enjoyable to read for me.

Wow, that sounds awesome. Really hyped now.

Won a key from Eclipsed's giveaway, (you didn't pick me in yours:jinpou:)

Got the game downloaded and ready, now I'll just have to get over my Beat blades haruka no-lifing session and I'll start it :P

53 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

How long was it? 

I only got the true end so far (there's still half of the achievements to get, which presumably include other ends) and that took me about 3 or 4 hours at a moderate reading speed. It's not super short like Planetarian, but it's also not 10 hours long.

I'll try and complete everything tomorrow but I'd say the game probably amounts to a total of 5 or 6 hours of reading at most.

7 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

I don't want to hype people up TOO much and then disappoint them, but I think the game definitely provides an overall positive experience, so look forward to that at least. :)

I'd love to discuss the game's ending but it seems most people here haven't finished it so I'll hold off for now :P

Too late, I'm hyped already, inb4 disappoint : P

On 04/03/2016 at 6:41 PM, Justin579 said:

it has a "nakige" tag

I know, but it doesnt always mean "sad as %$$@" ending! :)

Can someone PM me a "Yes or No" on the sad ending? I dont mind spoilers too.

It is seriously the deciding factor i am looking at whenever i look the VN up on Steam.

UPDATE

My Lucy walkthrough has been finished. I covered literally everything there is to unlock in the game. Hope you find it helpful.

13 hours ago, br4zil said:

I know, but it doesnt always mean "sad as %$$@" ending! :)

Can someone PM me a "Yes or No" on the sad ending? I dont mind spoilers too.

It is seriously the deciding factor i am looking at whenever i look the VN up on Steam.

HUGE SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Yes, it does have a happy end.

So I think I've encountered a bug. Basically after you get the choice to talk to yourself or talk to Lucy, when I finally click on Lucy to examine her, the game's text box glitches out and nothing else happens and all I can do is keep pressing my mouse button until the scene ends. It looks like this:

KS82oEv.jpg

It was working fine before, not sure what happened. The game itself is not frozen, it just doesn't show the textbox in that one specific part.

Any ideas, @eeenseok ?

Also does anyone know how to unlock the 4th achievement in the 1st column? I can't seem to discover what it is.
I also can't unlock the last extra.
I hope this bug isn't causing the problem.

I did try playing on the Japanese version where the bug doesn't occur and I can't seem to unlock anything else in that scene so that's probably not where it is.

Edit: I have now found how to unlock the last achievement so the bug wasn't the problem!

9 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

So I think I've encountered a bug. Basically after you get the choice to talk to yourself or talk to Lucy, when I finally click on Lucy to examine her, the game's text box glitches out and nothing else happens and all I can do is keep pressing my mouse button until the scene ends. It looks like this:

KS82oEv.jpg

It was working fine before, not sure what happened. The game itself is not frozen, it just doesn't show the textbox in that one specific part.

Any ideas, @eeenseok ?

Also does anyone know how to unlock the 4th achievement in the 1st column? I can't seem to discover what it is.
I also can't unlock the last extra.
I hope this bug isn't causing the problem.

I did try playing on the Japanese version where the bug doesn't occur and I can't seem to unlock anything else in that scene so that's probably not where it is.

Edit: I have now found how to unlock the last achievement so the bug wasn't the problem!

Ah.... darn! You've found it :) Well, it's actually one of bugs that we couldn't really fix. (But is hard one to find)

This happens when you press space (hide text box button) right at the moment of end of text box animation sequence, while character name is visible. OR loading save date that is not compatible with the previous version.

It will return to normal when you click on mouse. If you think you've heard an error sound, please return full screen to window mode and close any error messages if there are any.

4th achievement is well hidden. You can unlock it from the title page. :) (Easter egg)

Last Extra will unlock itself when you collect all achievements.

13 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Yeah, the Three Laws of Robotics repeat every day(?) I'm guessing. Or maybe every other scene. Somewhere around there.

I don't mind it though. I just treat it like them transition scenes, like the calendar date.

Come to think of it, I think you hit the nail on the head and it is the transition scene. I suppose it works like that, I guess I'd probably prefer an art transition screen is all. Doesn't detract from the story at all.