Lucy -The eternity she wished for- released!

Nosebleed

Update: Game is now for sale for 10 USD: http://www.mvizlab.com

A little over a year after their Kickstarter got funded, M-vizlab has announced that the Korean visual novel Lucy -The eternity she wished for- will be going live on Steam on February 26th.

This game is a complete remake of the 2010 version with new graphics, more CGs, a new ending that was supposed to be in the original version and even full voice acting for Lucy's character in both Japanese and Korean.

The creators had a thread on Fuwa while the Kickstarter was running, although they seem to have disappeard off the site since then.

I'm making this thread to let people know this title exists because I've been hyped for it ever since I saw it back in 2015. My only concern is really with the translation quality, although since I don't know Korean I won't be able to tell if it's good or not, but what I really want to see is a narrative that flows nicely and has no grammar mistakes or typos. 

I listened to their preview which has Korean and Japanese voice acting clips. Although I have no clue what the fuck the Korean version said, the Japanese voice acting was not bad at all. What really struck me was how much deeper the Korean voice was, but maybe it was only for that particular scene.

Ultimately I'm hoping I won't end up hating the story and that this really does end up feeling sort of like Planterian a bit.

Anyone else hyped or was I the only one who remembered this? :P

Will update the thread when there's a Steam page but here's the Greenlight page.

I've backed the kickstarter back then, just waiting to get my keys now - they'll be giving backers a steam key and a DRM-FREE key from Playism - so I can marathon it. Probably will be my first visual novel after almost a whole year of not reading any. :P

I liked the dubs they showed so far, hopefully the whole thing won't disappoint. 

I didn't back the project because Kickstarter hates me and my bank account. I'm hoping the price point won't be super high (I don't think they mentioned the price point at any time but if anyone could prove me wrong, go for it).

Also hoping they have the DRM-free version available for purchase for non-kickstarter backers as well.

If @eeenseok ever wants to come back to the site and answer questions, that'd be great!

I'm really surprised the game is a whole 2.1 GB. That's bigger than most Japanese VNs I have, suggesting it's either really long, has a crap ton of animations and other effects or, worst case scenario, is really poorly optimized.

Let's hope it's the first or second one which would mke the 10 dollar price tag really tempting. I'll buy the game when i get back home and hopefully comment on it.

Will also give away my Steam Key whenever I get it in a public giveaway. If anyone wants to join in and throw in their key, feel free to PM me.

I bought it off of Playism's site and it's supposed to come with a Steam Key, though I don't see it listed and as this is the first time I've bought from Playism I'm not sure where to look. I wonder if it's the game serial on my listing... if I ever figure it out I'd be willing to gift it.

Ah, think I understand now. Once it's released on Steam I should get a key.

Unpacking the ZIP file, I think I see why the download was 2.1 Gigs. It looks like you get the English, Japanese and Korean versions of the game in that download. I mean it's the same game in three folders listed Lucy_EN, Lucy_JP and Lucy_KO and the files appear to be repeated in each folder including everything up to the .EXE run files.

12 minutes ago, Palas said:

I backed the project and was concerned over how much they delayed its released. First projection was, what, November of last year? I plan on playing it and revieweing it - and I'll FINALLY play a Korean visual novel. Hoping to use it to rekindle my Korean studies.

EDIT: I haven't received my coupon though :(

[email protected]

Send them an e-mail. For some reason this was only on the KS post and not on the e-mail they sent.

18 minutes ago, Palas said:

I backed the project and was concerned over how much they delayed its released. First projection was, what, November of last year? I plan on playing it and revieweing it - and I'll FINALLY play a Korean visual novel. Hoping to use it to rekindle my Korean studies.

EDIT: I haven't received my coupon though :(

It might be they don't have the codes ready yet - it's not available on Steam just yet, which I think is why I don't have the key that comes with buying it from Playism.