VN that created history

Arkamondal

Hi guys.....

This time i hv come again with the topic on "VN that created history".......actually i hv come across a huge amount of VN's and in those some r bad and some r good but i hv also read VN's which r really on a totally different level and also created a huge place in VN history (like Fate/Stay night).......so today my question is which r the according to u hv created history (it may be bad or good)..????

(*********IMPORTANT NOTE***********)

All players hv their own independence of chosing VN's and so no one should oppose to another's choice of VN cause everyone hv their own liking......

VNs, that made their mark on history, huh?

Well, first one that comes to mind is Katawa Shoujo, for giving everyone an easy introduction to the world of VNs.

Next would probably be Tsukihime, for it's revolutionary storytelling in the early 2000's.

Then lastly, probably Grisaia no Kajitsu for taking the much needed leap ahead for the localized VNs.

32 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

VNs, that made their mark on history, huh?

Well, first one that comes to mind is Katawa Shoujo, for giving everyone an easy introduction to the world of VNs.

Next would probably be Tsukihime, for it's revolutionary storytelling in the early 2000's.

Then lastly, probably Grisaia no Kajitsu for taking the much needed leap ahead for the localized VNs.

very good points, goshujin-sama.

i can only think of clannad. when it came out, it was one of the most popular vns at the time. in fact in one issue of a certain magazine they did a poll of the best vn and clannad was number one with 114 votes and fate/stay night was in second with 78 votes.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

I'm sure the Sakura series left their mark on the history of VNs

They deserve an accomplishment for releasing so many shitty VNs within a year :makina:

Katawa Shoujo is a good example of a VN that made history. Even if I personally didn't find it that great, it did introduce a lot of people into VNs.

51 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

> VN that created history
> Katawa Shoujo

I was expecting something else when I came into this thread. Silly me, I should have known better.

As much mediocrity as people think it is, its concept of "fuck crippled girls" was enough to make millions of people rave about it and gather in the circle we know as Fuwanovel today. :wahaha: 

4 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

> VN that created history
> Katawa Shoujo

I was expecting something else when I came into this thread. Silly me, I should have known better.

That's why we need people like you, who knows VN history and read tons of them through the years, to come here and tidy things up with nice, long and contentfull post.

Also - you can't deny impact Katawa had on western NV reading community.

I hear Kanon was pretty big in the years following its release... it's kinda big even after all this time. I may even have heard of it, but since I knew nothing of VNs I couldn't grasp it. I remember hearing about Girlfriend of Steel (a forgettable game), since I was an Evahead, and it featured on a local magazine about manga fandom. In that age of yet-to-be-full-blown internet, this kind of material was a dreamy thing.

Ever 17 was the previous decade's Katawa Shoujo, since it was coveted and praised all over this side of Greenwich meridian. Japanese fans had Never 7, but it only became a full blown thing with this entry, and still stretches into the present with Zero Escape. Praise Uchikoshi.

In 2004 a fellow student showed me about Divi-dead. It probably had some popularity back then to end up on my hands. But reconstructing the past is never easy work.

White Album 2

It is said that a university in Japan set up an optional course about White Album 2, though I have no idea of what they taught.

And fans of White Album 2 tend to support one heroin while blaming the other at the same time, which is not common in VN history. You can still find fans from two sides quarreling on forums and blogs.

I  don't think any other VNs in the history(and in the future) would do better than White Album 2 on  romance triangles. 

12 minutes ago, gill008 said:

White Album 2

It is said that a university in Japan set up an optional course about White Album 2, though I have no idea of what they taught.

If I was a college professor, I would teach a course about Baldr series, it's awesomeness, and how to kick ass in its gameplay aspect.

Katawa Shoujo made history in the good way for OELVN'S then there's things like Stein's;Gate which also made good history and remain held as one of the best across all it's iterations..be it anime, Vn 

On the bad side you have things like School Days which wether you like it or not it's truly infamous even if it's not as shitty as some other things out there and it's anime dear gods

Winged cloud in general and specially the Sakura shit show has made a dent on the whole vn scene too

15 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

If I was a college professor, I would teach a course about Baldr series, it's awesomeness, and how to kick ass in its gameplay aspect.

Good, now let's do another thread: If you were a college professor to teach a course about a VN, which one would you choose and what would you teach? Good question huh?

There's basically two histories, the Western and the Eastern. Some VNs that had a more negligible impact in Japan had a much larger one in the West due to the paucity of available localized titles. Zero Escape, which inspired a few of the more recent titles like Parascientific Escape, is a good example, since I think it was mostly ignored in Japan.