The Flowers demo is a hot mess

Decay

16 minutes ago, Rooke said:

New demo out but Meru's changes haven't been included. So quality will still not be indicative of final product, not that much can be read into it and ... I don't actually know why they've released it at this stage, tbh ... :S

I guess it will be comforting to some to show that the text is being continuously improved upon?

At least they're trying to improve the quality instead of releasing it how it was.

21 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

At least they're trying to improve the quality instead of releasing it how it was.

True. Anyway, I just wanted to emphasise that Meru’s fixes were not included in this update before people tried it and started making assumptions. Pretty understandable assumptions as well, because demos are supposed to be indicative of the final product … in a perfect world anyway (I'm looking at you, 'Aliens: Colonial Marines')

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

True. Anyway, I just wanted to emphasise that Meru’s fixes were not included in this update before people tried it and started making assumptions. Pretty understandable assumptions as well, because demos are supposed to be indicative of the final product … in a perfect world anyway (I'm looking at you, 'Aliens: Colonial Marines')

Yeah. We don't want any more salt in this thread from people who didn't understand that fact.

But no one ever care about technical things I mentioned in this thread. Too bad, as in the actual game it would be accompanied with lagging music in the gameplay (do not tell me that only I experience the lagging music when going in settings in demo).

14 minutes ago, Scorp said:

But no one ever care about technical things I mentioned in this thread. Too bad, as in the actual game it would be accompanied with lagging music in the gameplay (do not tell me that only I experience the lagging music when going in settings in demo).

From this blogpost:

If you have anything you would like me to pass on to the team, feel free to leave a comment here.

;)

3 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

From this blogpost:

;)

I already told her about the problems. And actually she specifically mentioned in same blog post just a 2 sentences before the one you quoted:

I also don’t have contact with the programmer working on the technical side of things. So, while I am part of this new team, I am not privy to everything, and I am in no way in control of the project.

So useless to write her about technical things. Jast also ignores my post on twitter. So that's why I told that no one cares.

• 4 weeks later...

So I wrote a thing about this: http://blog.fuwanovel.net/2016/04/the-story-of-flowers-troubled-demo-and-what-jast-plans-to-do-about-it/

It's mostly for people who aren't already familiar with all of the details, but there's a couple new tidbits of information in there. The main one being that JAST is aiming for a May release right now.