Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Steve

Current progress of translation in my hands (there are more lines in the translator's PC)

Mare 2019/5831 (including prologue)

MareH 0/1197

Yume 722/3786 (including prologue)

*YumeH 0/700

Asuho 749/749

*AsuhoH 100/332

Kosame 602/602

*KosameH 200/200

Komomo 850/850

*KomomoH 500/500

Aoi and Chinami 0/XXXX

*Total 5792/16742 =~35%

*H lines for some routes were not separated from the script yet (translation is in Excel) so counting is not precise.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update, Mare is at about 50% (not counting H)

Komomo is nearly fully edited (including H).

But what we need now is a person to help translating H-scenes, so if someone has experience with it or likes doing that, let me know.

Quick update, Mare is at about 50% (not counting H)

Komomo is nearly fully edited (including H).

But what we need now is a person to help translating H-scenes, so if someone has experience with it or likes doing that, let me know.

I was wondering if you have considered requesting help in the Fakku forums. I was thinking that since Fakku is an H-manga site, someone there that is translation capable wouldn't mind working on H-scenes.

I was wondering if you have considered requesting help in the Fakku forums. I was thinking that since Fakku is an H-manga site, someone there that is translation capable wouldn't mind working on H-scenes.

I did not consider that as I am not really knowledgeable in H-manga, only thing I know is Exhentai for some of the loli manga but that's all xD

So if there is someone who knows these communities who would be willing to assist with the post, I will welcome it :)

I did not consider that as I am not really knowledgeable in H-manga, only thing I know is Exhentai for some of the loli manga but that's all xD

So if there is someone who knows these communities who would be willing to assist with the post, I will welcome it :)

Alright, I'm not really sure if there is anyone there that knows of Fuwanovel, but I can make a forum post asking about anyone with VN and translation knowledge if you like.

Best of luck guys! i finished hoshimemo about 4 month ago, english is not my natal language and plus i dont understand kanjis xD i can translate from japanese but only if i listen what are they saying u.u....

Anyway "Ganbare minna-san"! We'll be waiting!

Pray to become starry sky tomorrow

Hello people of the world.

We've actually run in to a bit of a difficulty in translating Mare's route, in the name of a combat scene.

To be blunt, my translating ability isn't of a level high enough where I feel confident enough translating such a specifically detailed scene using all sorts of strange terminology/syntax.

If anyone is able and willing to help out, it would be a great help to us, just send me an e-mail on fuwanovel, or at [email protected]. The estimated length is about 400-500 lines.(LONG ASS BATTLE SCENE)

For a little sample of what it looks like, to see if you can handle it. (I can't claim to have much accuracy here honestly. The hard lines were really translated by clephas. Obviously, it is also not edited yet.)

姫榊こさめは境内に立っている。
Hisakiki Kosame is standing in the courtyard.
{0xc014f 43bytes}

外敵を待つために。予感を現実にするために。
In order to wait for the intruder. In order to confirm the truth of her suspicions.
{0xc0189 43bytes}

あまり時間が経つと、ほかの者に気づかれる。
If too much time passes, someone else will notice her.
{0xc01c3 63bytes}

特に、姉のこももにバレてしまったらよけいな心配をかけてしまう。
Specifically, her elder sister Komomo would find out and excessively worry about her.
{0xc0211 25bytes}

それがなにより心苦しい。
That is the most painful thing.
{0xc0239 69bytes}

だからこさめに余裕はない。焦る気持ちが汗となり、冷ややかに額を伝う。
That's why Kosame doesn't have much time. The tense atmosphere is causing sweat to form on her

brow.
{0xc02c3 19bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

寒い……ですね……
It's cold...... isn't it.....
{0xc02e5 31bytes}

夜風は冷たく、この身に凍みる。
The night wind was cold, freezing her body.
{0xc0313 69bytes}

そう感じるのは過去の経験からくる幻覚だと、こさめはすでに知っている。
But Kosame knows that the feeling is just an illusion, born from past experiences.
{0xc0367 31bytes}

だがそれもまた、ひとつの記憶。
However, that is also one of my memories.
{0xc0395 73bytes}

大切な想い出から生まれる、現実に等しい夢幻だから、こさめは姉に感謝する。
Kosame thanks her older sister for that, as it is an illusion tantamount to reality, born of a

precious memory
{0xc03ed 49bytes}

この世に生まれ直せたのは、姉さんのおかげだから。
It was thanks to her older sister, after all, that she was reborn in this world.
{0xc0447 43bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

姉さんのおかげで、今のわたしがあるから……
Because it's thanks to my sister, that I'm here right now.....
{0xc0481 27bytes}

だから、姉さんを守りたい。
That's why, she wants to protect her sister.
{0xc04ab 43bytes}

姉さんだけじゃない。家族みんなを守りたい。
Not just her sister. She wants to protect her entire family.
{0xc04e5 47bytes}

ふざけてばかりだけど、笑顔の絶えないお母さん。
A mother who is always playing the fool, but who is always smiling.
{0xc0523 49bytes}

マジメでお堅く、だけど誠実で頼りになるお父さん。
An honest, straightforward, reliable, and sincere father

{0xc0563 19bytes}

そして、雪菜先輩。
And finally, Setsuna-senpai.
{0xc0585 65bytes}

自分一人のせいで家族が危険にさらされるなんて、あってはならない。
Setsuna is solely responsible for the fact that the possible danger to her family hasn't

turned in to reality.  

{0xc05d5 65bytes}

自分を守ってくれるみんなのために、今度は自分がみんなを守りたい。
Komomo has been protected thanks to everyone, and this time she wants to protect everyone.
{0xc0625 45bytes}

そのためには、どうしてもやるべきことがある。
For that reason, no matter the cost, there is something she should do.
{0xc066d 19bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

お願い……早く……
Please......Hurry.....
{0xc068f 25bytes}

早く、姿を見せて欲しい。
Hurry, and show me your appearance.
{0xc06b7 31bytes}

この地で家族が暮らせるために。
In order for her family to be able to live here.
{0xc06e5 27bytes}

皆の帰る場所を守るために。
In order to protect the place everyone returns to.
{0xc070f 25bytes}

その願いを叶えるために。
In order to fulfil that wish.
{0xc0776 19bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

飛鳥、伊麻────
Asuka, Ima----
{0xc07f2 33bytes}

返答は、一閃の光によって訪れる。
In reply, something resembling a flash of light appears.
{0xc0822 25bytes}

髪を数本もっていかれる。
A few strands of hair had been taken.
{0xc084a 51bytes}

寒風に乗る一本一本が、こさめの瞳にははっきり映る。
Each flash riding in the cold wind was clearly visible to Kosame's pupils.  
{0xc088c 27bytes}

時間が緩やかに流れる感覚。
Time flows slowly around her.
{0xc08b6 83bytes}

その光を振り向き様に避けることができたのは、その感覚を自身の身体に反映させたから。
The reason she was able to avoid the flash of light as she turned around was because she
caused her body to mirror that sensation

////The reason she was able to avoid the flash of light as she turned around was from the feeling reflected from her own body.
{0xc0918 19bytes}

心構えのなせる業。
Something only possible due to being prepared.
{0xc093a 33bytes}

今はまだ、還るわけにはいかない。
At this point, she can't back out even if she wanted to.
{0xc096a 31bytes}

なすべきことがまだ残っている。
And she still hasn't done what she needs to do.
{0xc0998 41bytes}

その強い意志があったからにほかならない。
Because of that strong determination, there is no other option.
{0xc09d0 91bytes}

この次元における常識に囚われず、ほかの物理法則によって縛られるこさめだからこその反射神経。
Reflexes born of the fact that Kosame was not bound by the common sense of this dimension but

rather of the physical laws of an outer universe.
{0xc0a3a 65bytes}

思考ベクトルを物理量に還元できる、星霊または星神としての特性だ。
The special quality of a Star Spirit or Star God that allows them to reduce thought vectors

into physical volume.
// physical volume == mass
{0xc0ae0 25bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

……お待ちしていましたよ
......I've been waiting.
{0xc0b5b 23bytes}

視界の端で、影が動く。
On the edge of her range of vision, a shadow moves.
{0xc0b81 15bytes}

待ち人来たる。
The person she was waiting for comes.
{0xc0bbb 39bytes}

月下、二人の朱の少女が対峙する────
Under the moon, two girls clothed in red confront eachother-------
{0xc0c18 15bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

そうですか……
I see......
{0xc0c42 21bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

今の光は、弓矢ですか
With the light right now, a bow and arrow.
{0xc0c73 41bytes}

伊麻は無表情で矢を番え、弦を引いている。
Ima expressionlessly nocks another arrow, and pulls back the string.
{0xc0cab 63bytes}

その弓が採物のひとつであることは、感覚で探るまでもなくわかる。
Even without using her senses to detect it, Kosame could tell that the bow was a Torimono.
{0xc0d23 35bytes}

矢じりはこさめから一時も離れない。
The arrow didn't stray from Kosame for even a moment.
{0xc0d55 123bytes}

この身体を捕らえようと──月明かりにまぎれ、人の視界から外れることを阻止しようと、採物の光はすでにその触手を伸ばしている。
The Torimono was reaching out its feelers to try to capture Kosame's body, to prevent her from

being lost from human vision by slipping into the moonlight
{0xc0deb 60bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

あなたは、[ほしがみ|星神]のなり損ねであると聞いていましたが
You, I've heard that you've become a harmful star god.
{0xc0e42 62bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

少なくとも、高次元の[せいれい|星霊]には匹敵するようですね……
Or at least, you appear to be on equal footing as a star spirit from a higher dimension.
{0xc0ec7 65bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

……どうでしょう。わたしは、わたし以上に強い方を知っていますから
......I wonder. As for me, I know ones that are far stronger than me.
{0xc0f2e 69bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

人の身なのに、とても強い意志を持っていて、それを力に変えられる者……
Even if they are in the body of a human, they have a strong force of will, and that power can

transform a person.
{0xc0f8e 47bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

そんな常識外れの方が、この地に四人はいますから
Those extraordinary people, in this land there are four of them.
{0xc0fd8 39bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

諏訪雪菜、姫榊万夜花、あとの二人は……
Suwa Setsuna, Hisakiki Mayaka, the other two are......
{0xc1025 27bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

姉さんと、小河坂さんですよ
Onee-san, and Kogasaka-san.
{0xc105b 9bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

…………
{0xc107f 73bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

小河坂洋という、わたしの大切な友達は、あなたはご存じないと思いますが……
The one called Kogasaka You, is my precious friend, one whom I do not believe you have met.
{0xc10e3 49bytes}
[  こさめ  ]

姉さんのことは、よく知っているんじゃないですか?
As for Onee-san, you probably know her don't you?
{0xc112f 33bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

……あなたを降霊させた巫女ですね
......She's the shrine maiden who communicated with you when you were dead.
{0xc115f 31bytes}

伊麻は淡々と会話に応じている。
Ima responds to the conversation indifferently.
{0xc118d 59bytes}

問答無用で襲いかかってこないのは、こさめにとっては僥倖だ。

{0xc11e3 71bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

現職の巫女でその儀を成功させたのは、あなたの姉以外にはいないと聞きます

{0xc1245 79bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

だから、その才を総本社が認めたからこそ、あなたは今日まで生きながらえてきた……

{0xc12ba 29bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

ですが、それももう終わりです

{0xc12f2 79bytes}
[  伊麻  ]

上層部は痺れを切らしています。雪菜を抱き込んだことで、それは顕著になっています

p.s, we are about 3000~ lines through mare route? Haven't counted exactly.

Very excited for this, HnM was one of the best experiences i've had reading VN's, and i'm really looking forward to this.

Good Luck finishing the project, your doing a great job so far.

Mare is my favourite character and i'd really love to finish her ~Eternal Heart~ story.

(I can understand the lines if they are voiced in VNs, however im still having trouble with reading)

RE: "Eternal Heart project needs TLC help for a few difficult scenes"

心構えのなせる業。
寒風に乗る一本一本が、こさめの瞳にははっきり映る。
その光を振り向き様に避けることができたのは、その感覚を自身の身体に反映させたから。
この次元における常識に囚われず、ほかの物理法則によって縛られるこさめだからこその反射神経。
思考ベクトルを物理量に還元できる、星霊または星神としての特性だ。
この身体を捕らえようと──月明かりにまぎれ、人の視界から外れることを阻止しようと、採物の光はすでにその触手を伸ばしている。

Ready for the inevitable.
They ride the cool breeze one by one, vividly being reflected off Kosame's eyes.
That light makes makes my own body feel that I should turn around and run
I feel that this dimension is not confined by definitive common sense because Kosame herself is bound by a different set of laws (of physics).
Being able to reduce thought vectors to physical quantities, this is the characteristic of a Star Spirit or Star God
As if trying to seize this body - under the cover of moonlight, stopping it from drifting away from view, the light of the Torimono is already reaching out its tentacles.

How close am I? And how the hell do you expect anyone to TL without context?

I don't know a thing about this VN, but here's what I gathered: if we're just going off based on the literal sentence, it seems like the "light" is being avoided (光を振り向き様に避けること) just as the person in question turns around, whatever that means in context. And the reason for that is その感覚を自身の身体に反映させた.

I think you misunderstood the next line, which basically appears to say that Kosame is capable of such reflexes (反射神経) *because* (だからこそ) she's not bound by the common sense of this world/dimension (この次元における常識に囚われず) and operates based on an entirely different set of rules (ほかの物理法則によって縛られるこさめ).

Next line is mostly fine, but I would phrase it differently. That's an editor's job though. However, this line seems to be in connection with the previous one, further detailing the otherworldly qualities of the character in question, so it needs to be phrased that way.

In the last sentence I don't believe "as if" is needed, because the line just says ようと, which is usually in connection with intentions - for ex.: この身体を捕らえようと -- with the intention of seizing/taking hold of this body (lit. translation), and that's why the light is extending its... tentacles? Yeah, you'd definitely need the context for that one.

I felt it pointless to give a full translation without knowing the exact context or having ever read this VN. I unfortunately don't really have the time to TL 500+ lines of game I've never played, but I hope this helped at least a bit.

I don't know a thing about this VN, but here's what I gathered: if we're just going off based on the literal sentence, it seems like the "light" is being avoided (光を振り向き様に避けること) just as the person in question turns around, whatever that means in context. And the reason for that is その感覚を自身の身体に反映させた.

I think you misunderstood the next line, which basically appears to say that Kosame is capable of such reflexes (反射神経) *because* (だからこそ) she's not bound by the common sense of this world/dimension (この次元における常識に囚われず) and operates based on an entirely different set of rules (ほかの物理法則によって縛られるこさめ).

Next line is mostly fine, but I would phrase it differently. That's an editor's job though. However, this line seems to be in connection with the previous one, further detailing the otherworldly qualities of the character in question, so it needs to be phrased that way.

In the last sentence I don't believe "as if" is needed, because the line just says ようと, which is usually in connection with intentions - for ex.: この身体を捕らえようと -- with the intention of seizing/taking hold of this body (lit. translation), and that's why the light is extending its... tentacles? Yeah, you'd definitely need the context for that one.

I felt it pointless to give a full translation without knowing the exact context or having ever read this VN. I unfortunately don't really have the time to TL 500+ lines of game I've never played, but I hope this helped at least a bit.

Yeah I thought that line was a bit weird because I thought it lacked a topic - but then I realized I saw the comma as a period, resulting in that line.