Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Steve

Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Sorry for the unecassary bump, but what is the difference between the regular version of Hoshizora no Memoria and what Eternal Heart adds?

Is it just extra dialouge in the other routes and a lot more in Mares?

Eternal Hearts is the fan-disc or "sequel" to Memoria. They are two separate games.

Eternal Hearts is the fan-disc or "sequel" to Memoria. They are two separate games.

Ah, so would EH still have the same rotes from before, but like a part 2?

Like a continuation of Kosame, Chinami, etc. Or is it only Yume and Mare?

Ah, so would EH still have the same rotes from before, but like a part 2?

Like a continuation of Kosame, Chinami, etc. Or is it only Yume and Mare?

They're all super-short except for Yume and Mare. Unfortunately, Mare gets the longest route.

Fortunately mare gets the longest route and that's what we are focusing on.

Also i swear to Mare, the posts here keep disappearing before I even get to read them and I even receive notifications for this topic. Mods too proactive again?

Also i swear to Mare, the posts here keep disappearing before I even get to read them and I even receive notifications for this topic. Mods too proactive again?

Probably. It's been stricter about derailing in translation projects these days.

Still not dead. I just don't come to fuwa much anymore so I didn't update anything in the main post.

There I will add one just one for you.

ok, ill repost from the main post here:

Mare route translated and readable, hacking done. We are however aiming for perfection.

Therefore Mare re-TL/TLC ongoing, busy main translator schedule.

High JP knowledge person would be appreciated to split some work with main TL.

I would be willing to produce beta Mare patch and let 1 or 2 people read it if they are willing to give good critique, but for official patch you'll have to wait for the improved version.

Still not dead. I just don't come to fuwa much anymore so I didn't update anything in the main post.

There I will add one just one for you.

ok, ill repost from the main post here:

Mare route translated and readable, hacking done. We are however aiming for perfection.

Therefore Mare re-TL/TLC ongoing, busy main translator schedule.

High JP knowledge person would be appreciated to split some work with main TL.

I would be willing to produce beta Mare patch and let 1 or 2 people read it if they are willing to give good critique, but for official patch you'll have to wait for the improved version.

Hey Steve...

What's "High JP knowledge" mean?  Is it harder than original Hoshizora no Memoria?

Just wondering.  I have no project right now.

I cannot work on H-scenes, though, in case that's what you need.

Hey Steve...

What's "High JP knowledge" mean?  Is it harder than original Hoshizora no Memoria?

Probably doesn't necessarily mean the dialogue is overly hard, it shouldn't be more difficult than the original. Though the translation of the original did have some quality concerns so I'd imagine they want it to be better than that seeing as how he says he's aiming for a high quality release. 

Hey Steve...

well considering you are the one who helped with the hardest part (those like 200 lines I sent you), you should have a pretty good idea, nothing is harder there afaik, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Hit me up on TS (the old classic one - ts.mare.moe / ts.shinku.moe / ts.mofu.moe), hopefully you'll come when Shin is on so you can discuss the translation xD

Last thing I remember was you being busy with KanojoX3, if you are free now it would be great~ Shin will probably do the H scenes so you don't have to worry about those.

Just wondering... why is translating H scenes a problem for some translators? Are they harder or annoying to translate, or is it an aversion to spending too long on H scenes for any reason?

Both of your points are problems. Translating H-Scenes is mostly trying to translate onomatopoeia and shouting. And it's hard too, because there's no real equivalent from English to Japanese.  Not only is it not very interesting, prudes like me might have a hard time translating those. 

This is all the opinion of an expert who doesn't even know Japanese, mind you.