Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Steve

Fortunately mare gets the longest route and that's what we are focusing on.

Also i swear to Mare, the posts here keep disappearing before I even get to read them and I even receive notifications for this topic. Mods too proactive again?

Still not dead. I just don't come to fuwa much anymore so I didn't update anything in the main post.

There I will add one just one for you.

ok, ill repost from the main post here:

Mare route translated and readable, hacking done. We are however aiming for perfection.

Therefore Mare re-TL/TLC ongoing, busy main translator schedule.

High JP knowledge person would be appreciated to split some work with main TL.

I would be willing to produce beta Mare patch and let 1 or 2 people read it if they are willing to give good critique, but for official patch you'll have to wait for the improved version.

Still not dead. I just don't come to fuwa much anymore so I didn't update anything in the main post.

There I will add one just one for you.

ok, ill repost from the main post here:

Mare route translated and readable, hacking done. We are however aiming for perfection.

Therefore Mare re-TL/TLC ongoing, busy main translator schedule.

High JP knowledge person would be appreciated to split some work with main TL.

I would be willing to produce beta Mare patch and let 1 or 2 people read it if they are willing to give good critique, but for official patch you'll have to wait for the improved version.

Hey Steve...

What's "High JP knowledge" mean?  Is it harder than original Hoshizora no Memoria?

Just wondering.  I have no project right now.

I cannot work on H-scenes, though, in case that's what you need.

Hey Steve...

What's "High JP knowledge" mean?  Is it harder than original Hoshizora no Memoria?

Probably doesn't necessarily mean the dialogue is overly hard, it shouldn't be more difficult than the original. Though the translation of the original did have some quality concerns so I'd imagine they want it to be better than that seeing as how he says he's aiming for a high quality release. 

Hey Steve...

well considering you are the one who helped with the hardest part (those like 200 lines I sent you), you should have a pretty good idea, nothing is harder there afaik, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Hit me up on TS (the old classic one - ts.mare.moe / ts.shinku.moe / ts.mofu.moe), hopefully you'll come when Shin is on so you can discuss the translation xD

Last thing I remember was you being busy with KanojoX3, if you are free now it would be great~ Shin will probably do the H scenes so you don't have to worry about those.

Just wondering... why is translating H scenes a problem for some translators? Are they harder or annoying to translate, or is it an aversion to spending too long on H scenes for any reason?

Both of your points are problems. Translating H-Scenes is mostly trying to translate onomatopoeia and shouting. And it's hard too, because there's no real equivalent from English to Japanese.  Not only is it not very interesting, prudes like me might have a hard time translating those. 

This is all the opinion of an expert who doesn't even know Japanese, mind you.

Just wondering... why is translating H scenes a problem for some translators? Are they harder or annoying to translate, or is it an aversion to spending too long on H scenes for any reason?

In contrast to what you might expect, it seems that in most games, h-scene text tends to be the most complex. I only really came to this realization when translating them myself; previously, I simply scrolled through h-scenes, the clicks/minute undergoing a several-fold increase compared to the rest of the game, and I assume that most other people follow this same procedure, because I question where your priorities are if your eyes are aimed at the textbox and not the "h" of the scene. I'm sure there's a few reasons for which this increased complexity of language exists. For example, one can only read so many "ah, ah, kimochiii~"s without entirely shifting focus away from the text, so there have to be at least a few curveballs to keep the reader on edge (in all senses). Also, in relation to the previous point, there has to be enough space filled to satisfy one's session of fappation to an adequate degree, and with a game containing some myriad of h-scenes, a terse explanation of the image that appears on-screen simply won't suffice.

In contrast to what you might expect, it seems that in most games, h-scene text tends to be the most complex. I only really came to this realization when translating them myself; previously, I simply scrolled through h-scenes, the clicks/minute undergoing a several-fold increase compared to the rest of the game, and I assume that most other people follow this same procedure, because I question where your priorities are if your eyes are aimed at the textbox and not the "h" of the scene. I'm sure there's a few reasons for which this increased complexity of language exists. For example, one can only read so many "ah, ah, kimochiii~"s without entirely shifting focus away from the text, so there have to be at least a few curveballs to keep the reader on edge (in all senses). Also, in relation to the previous point, there has to be enough space filled to satisfy one's session of fappation to an adequate degree, and with a game containing some myriad of h-scenes, a terse explanation of the image that appears on-screen simply won't suffice.

Can i know the progress of the Hoshizora no Memoria -eternal heart- translation?? Im really eager to play it cuz currently im playing the first one and just finished all route except for Yume and Mare Route... Please kindly reply to my comment... I really appreciate it very much and good luck to translator who working on the translation  :D  B)  :)  ^_^