Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Steve

31 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Last I heard him talk about it, it hadn't been worked on in over a year. And that was a few months back. 

Well, with SP releasing the base game this year, maybe support for its fandisc will increase?

That is, if SP wont release the fandisc themselves too.

The project leader isn't even a part of this site anymore. If I'm not mistaken, he was also responsible for creating a site which allowed downloadable torrents, but got booted from that responsibility as well. It's just pure laziness to be honest. As for a localization? I highly doubt any English distributor will ever give a fandisc any sort of attention.

1 minute ago, OriginalRen said:

The project leader isn't even a part of this site anymore. If I'm not mistaken, he was also responsible for creating a site which allowed downloadable torrents, but got booted from that responsibility as well. It's just pure laziness to be honest. As for a localization? I highly doubt any English distributor will ever give a fandisc any sort of attention.

That is sad to hear, but will all the effort made in this simply be wasted? I hope Steve can release what has already been translated if this is indeed the fate of this project.

As for fandiscs...

Manga Gamer will be releasing Princess Evangile's fandisc this year :D

And that isnt exactly their first fandisc release, they already did some other stuff (on VNs i didint read, unfortunately).

55 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

As for a localization? I highly doubt any English distributor will ever give a fandisc any sort of attention.

MangaGamer occasionally does fandiscs, they did two Shuffle fandiscs, most of the Da Capo Kotori fandiscs, all of the Overdrive fandiscs, and will be doing a Princess Evangile fandisc. I don't know what SP's policy will be, but if enough people buy the original game, maybe they'll consider it.

1 hour ago, RedOsmium said:

Hi guys, not sure if Steve is still alive or not, and I hadn't actually checked to see if there was another group translating, but I have slowly been working on this game myself over the past year or so. Is there still an audience for it, and if so, how big? 

HERE!!!

Very big! :mare:

I actually own the Japanese hard copy version. I intended to play it in Japanese but then decided to wait for the fan translation.

On 2/16/2016 at 10:19 PM, Decay said:

MangaGamer occasionally does fandiscs, they did two Shuffle fandiscs, most of the Da Capo Kotori fandiscs, all of the Overdrive fandiscs, and will be doing a Princess Evangile fandisc. I don't know what SP's policy will be, but if enough people buy the original game, maybe they'll consider it.

I thought that Shuffle's fandiscs weren't translated or so i was told

On 22.02.2016 at 11:15 PM, RedOsmium said:

Hi guys, not sure if Steve is still alive or not, and I hadn't actually checked to see if there was another group translating, but I have slowly been working on this game myself over the past year or so. Is there still an audience for it, and if so, how big? 

Pretty big I will say. I would love to read that. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, was there any partial patches?

On 22/02/2016 at 8:38 PM, ChaosRaven said:

HERE!!!

Very big! :mare:

I actually own the Japanese hard copy version. I intended to play it in Japanese but then decided to wait for the fan translation.

Well, the audience is sure to get bigger once the "official" translation for the main game hits the store.

But yeah, this series has a diehard fanbase :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had to go make an account so I could reply. Been following this for way longer than I remember. Fell in love with the original and been dying for this ever since. 

I'm not much, but I am indeed part of the faithful and patient audience waiting for this. Hope Steve, or anyone rather, is keeping this alive-

2 hours ago, Nyatsu said:

Had to go make an account so I could reply. Been following this for way longer than I remember. Fell in love with the original and been dying for this ever since. 

I'm not much, but I am indeed part of the faithful and patient audience waiting for this. Hope Steve, or anyone rather, is keeping this alive-

So did I. So please RedOsmium continue translating this so we can have our share of Mare and the other girls

I'm also part of those who just registered to participate give moral support.
First of all, I'm not sure in what page nor who said it, but someone said something like "At this point it'll be faster to learn japanese and read the fandisc by yourself" (And if that someone didn't mean that, sorry), but it's true, you can learn what you need for reading it in a year if you're kinda lazy or in a few months if you're in a hurry. I started learning some months ago and its easier than it seems (even more in a voiced vn). It also seems like it's too much time, but the fandisc doesn't seem to get translated any soon either
Second, sorry for any misspelling in the previous text, english's not my first language
And last but not least

On 22/2/2016 at 7:15 PM, RedOsmium said:

Is there still an audience for it, and if so, how big? 

We're so big you have to stand on a chair to look at all of us ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

• 5 weeks later...

Any chance of you releasing the translation on Github or a similar website so that the community could finish editing it? Crowd-sourced translations have worked before, Tree of Savior was mainly translated by volunteers submitting translations through Github.

On 2015/10/4 at 1:17 PM, Steve said:

So just remain patient or learn some basic Japanese and read it, just understanding the game is not that difficult.

Hoshimemo Eternal Heart was one of my primary motivating factors in my decision to begin learning Japanese in late December. It took me about 3 months of studying to build my reading skills to the point where I was able to understand Yume's story, though I obviously had to rely on the texthooker a lot due to an incredible amount of difficult and unknown vocab, with some words I did not even know the English definitions for.