Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Steve

I though this project was dropped ages ago! Good to see it's actually being translated ATM :D

Thanks a lot for you guys for doing this because i really liked the 1st game and was hoping to play the 2nd, but it wasn't translated.

Do you guys have any kind of guess when this would be done? We will luckily have Majikoi S soon so i will play shit out of that first, but i'm also really looking forward to this one :)

• 3 weeks later...

Alright keep it up steve!! looking forward to it.

*Btw, Can someone explain to me why did 

:mare: had to sacrifice herself in order to heal yume's disease?? i didn't get it, it's kinda ambiguous for me  :(:(  :(
Edited by Noragamu
Spoilers

Alright keep it up steve!! looking forward to it.

*Btw, Can someone explain to me why did 

:mare: had to sacrifice herself in order to heal yume's disease?? i didn't get it, it's kinda ambiguous for me  :( :(  :(

Well based on what I remembered Mare was basically the "Child" the MC and Yume "had". They both wished upon a star or Yume did and because of that wish Mare was born, but a part of Yume, I'm guessing like her life energy or something, was used to give birth to Mare. Which is why the only way to save Yume was for Mare to sacrifice herself thus returning the "Life Energy" that was taken from Yume back to her. Which saved her life.

• 3 weeks later...

Well based on what I remembered Mare was basically the "Child" the MC and Yume "had". They both wished upon a star or Yume did and because of that wish Mare was born, but a part of Yume, I'm guessing like her life energy or something, was used to give birth to Mare. Which is why the only way to save Yume was for Mare to sacrifice herself thus returning the "Life Energy" that was taken from Yume back to her. Which saved her life.

Ahh, i see.. well that explains i guess... thanks for replying!! xD 

soo how the project is doing? 

What's the current progess on this project?

Hey folks! I just joined the forums hoping to also find out whats the current progress on this TL, specially for Yume and the other heroines (sorry Mare lovers, but my favorite is Yume :P ).

From what i saw of the posts since 2013, it seems all routes are very close to being finished, right?

Along with "If My Heart Had Wings" Hoshizora no Memoria is among one of my favorite VNs ever, so seeing this fandisc TL being complete would be wonderful news :D 

Oh and as someone who knows zilch of japanese, is there any way i can help this project in some way?

Oh well I guess for people who are lazy to turn back a page I will repeat the status on this page too :)

Yes most of the stuff is translated but since we were not satisfied with the quality, everything is being remade pretty much from scratch (well not really but it will take about as much time as if it was).

And even though lot of the ichalove parts are fine as they are, it still requires someone to check them and currently all the people in the project with very good Japanese are busy with school and work so its not really moving much.

On the positive side - hacking is figured out (in multiple variants actually) and there is even a fully working version of Mare route patched in, but it is not public as Mare deserves better~

So yeah, if you start today, you can probably learn enough Japanese to read the game with some tool assistance before the project is finished :P

Oh well I guess for people who are lazy to turn back a page I will repeat the status on this page too :)

Yes most of the stuff is translated but since we were not satisfied with the quality, everything is being remade pretty much from scratch (well not really but it will take about as much time as if it was).

And even though lot of the ichalove parts are fine as they are, it still requires someone to check them and currently all the people in the project with very good Japanese are busy with school and work so its not really moving much.

On the positive side - hacking is figured out (in multiple variants actually) and there is even a fully working version of Mare route patched in, but it is not public as Mare deserves better~

So yeah, if you start today, you can probably learn enough Japanese to read the game with some tool assistance before the project is finished :P

• 4 weeks later...

Why has this TL not been announced on Eternal Heart's VNDB yet? there a far less complete translations in the making that at least show up there as unreleased.

Maybe i am completely missing something, but wouldnt be awesome for you guys to get more exposure?

More like I didn't care about there enough to add the entry there.

More exposure isn't really needed at this point, if there were any good translators interested in this, they could have easily found this topic and so they did - now there is one left and really busy with everything so its just slow.

While it is nice getting messages from people sending best wishes and wanting to help, the hard reality is that without really good Japanese and English (not just Japanese to be able to read but to actually translate) there is no real use for those as "base" translation is already done.

The problem is that although this is just a fandisc to a semi-moe game, it does actually have some serious stuff with quite difficult language, so less skilled translator won't be able to do those part properly and the really good translators won't join for a half moeblob game unless they are fans of the series - which Shin (the current TL) is.

So just remain patient or learn some basic Japanese and read it, just understanding the game is not that difficult.

Not only I mean the lines that are difficult to put into English but easy to understand, there is few of those in Favo games but well there is some translation workaround usually.

What I mostly mean though is that when you read, you can afford to misunderstand lot of the lines such as descriptions and other expository stuff, it doesn't matter if you understand it as "The moon casts its light through the leafless trees" or "The leafless trees allow the moonlight to pass through" or something like that (misreading Japanese particles is probably the most common mistake that can change sentence drastically, swap subjects etc) since those lines are there only for the atmosphere and as a filler. But during translation you can't afford to make those mistakes, making it infinitely harder to translate than to just read (because well, when reading you decide what is and isn't important for you but translation is for everyone so someone who finds fun in small details like deep descriptions would have a bad experience if all those lines were mistranslated).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soooo, is still being translated or is the project dead? I really want to play this one, as i enjoyed the 1st one a lot :)

Very slowly but surely It's happening. Good translations (Which I'm assuming is what Steve wants for this) take a while to make, espically when there aren't a lot of people working on the project. I would love to help with this to make it go faster, but I don't have the required skills to do so unfortunately. I think the best thing for us waiting for a translation is to wait for a while and hope they make progress with this. 

Steve, thank you for taking time to make a translation for this game, along with everyone else working on it. Two and a half years is a long time to work on a project without giving up on it. You can do it.

• 2 months later...