Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Steve

$$$$#######!!!!!!!!!!!!TTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!

Good luck, best regards.

Once it's completed, will there be a link for the torrent at fuwanovel site? sorry for the noobish question and thanks for the reply.

Just making sure I mean, it is one of my top priority vn's to read.

Since there's no commercial localization in sight at the moment (it would be very unlikely for someone to pick hoshimemo up I'd say - not to mention that this is the fandisk which makes it even more unlikely) we'll have the novel up in some form pretty quick after the patch release most likely. If not, Steve is probably going to be very helpful with patching directions :P

No, they ARE my FAVORITE company, even over all-loli devs.

After the rebrand from CROSS NET in 2009 they discovered what I call the "golden ratio" of Visual Novels while releasing Hoshimemo, they managed to replicate and even improve on it with Iroseka and we will see if they can continue it with Astralair.

The golden ratio is a lovable main loli heroine (they managed to make 2 so far, we will see with yukiyuki) that is following you the whole game and teasing you with what expects you in the true route, and lovable side heroines that you don't feel forced to clear, rather you want to clear them because some information about the world or the main loli are hidden in those routes (so you know that the true route is locked for a reason).

With that ratio you please lolicons who will do their best to unlock the loli, while at the same time pleasing non-lolicons with non-loli characters, giving them time to fall in love with the loli (Favorite heroines [Mare and Shinku] have the highest rate of success on turning non-lolicons into lolicons, because they are just so godly).

On top of that mix it with awesome music, beautiful CGs and other elements of a VN and you got yourself a masterpiece and the best VN in the world.

So even though I do like all-loli games, they are mostly only for the faps, because making more than 1 awesome loli character and polishing her personality to make everyone like her is nearly impossible. So even though the lolis in games like onii-chan sharing are awesome, compared to favo lolis they are nowhere near perfect - they are just your common lolis, where as Mare and Shinku are flawless goddesses.

...I think you might be my soul mate, Steve. 

...I think you might be my soul mate, Steve. 

Check the TS then (the favo lovers use text only), so far the only soul mate I found is Luch.

cryofrzd who I just got to play Iroseka might be close to being another one.

We all instantly fell in love with Mare and Shinku.

Just plz no spoilerino if you come (in text or even avatar) - I would love to put the (warning: irohika spoiler) cutest CG ever made (/warning) in full size everywhere but I cant because not everyone got to that scene yet and taking it away from them would be a crime.

So I am at about 50% of hikari (finished shinku, kana, mio), luch finished sekai and didnt start on hikari yet and cryo is in common route if sekai.

We all played Hoshimemo original but not eternal heart.

I don´t care if I end up being hated by the entire community but, is Mare the only reason you(the community) want the fandisc? Nobody likes the other heroines?

Edited by Ivan A.

I don´t care if I end up being hated by the entire community but, is Mare the only reason you(the community) want the fandisc? Nobody likes the other heroines?

Its more like we like the other characters, but we LOVE Mare. Favorite is like that, they can make characters you wouldn't normally like in other games very lovable, I explained it a bit in my hoshimemo topic.

Same goes for Iroseka, the girl with the biggest boobs (Kana) ended up for me being the most likable girl out of the normal route girls - where as in other games I wouldn't even touch a route of girl that looks like that.

But whenever I talk to big favorite fans (especially JP ones in pso2 or something) or view art or read stuff from the JP artists, its all about the lolis, Mare and Shinku and now Yuuki.

When the information about the new game came out saying that the loli there is not actually the same size as Mare and Shinku 141cm but actually 137cm, everyone was talking about that girl and most of the art is for her as people believe that it will be the main focus of the game.

And that is the point, sure the other characters in favo games are awesome, compared to some other eroge they are on the level of the best heroine in those games, but favorite manages to make something special, something above that level and those are the main loli girls.

And when you get deep into the favorite design, you can see that. Sure there was Yume in Hoshimemo and some people like her as a character and her personality, but you can just look at how long screen time she had in the game, you didn't even see her for 90% of the game. Where as Mare was there all the time, solving the routes of everyone. Almost like the guiding character for the reader and the protagonist at the same time, helping you to get through the game, while ultimately waiting for you to finally realize that she is the one seeking love.

And when you realize that, you just have to see how you two match together, she was there clueless, trying to make you happy by helping you with your love, you trying to discover love with other characters, when you both had it all from the very beginning, you had your happiness together right in front of your eyes, you just didn't see it.

And these are the deep moments Favorite helps you discover, these are the moments that make your heart race.

And sure, if you are reading for the story then the stories of the other characters are very awesome, Komomo's story is so good, Kana's route in Iroseka and Irohika is one of the best and most emotional stories I've ever read. But the true romance and the true love and all the dokidoki moments with butterflies in your stomach are with the main loli characters.

It is hard to explain to people who didn't fully commit to 2d dating how good Favorite is at this, since they probably don't even see these things there. These moments are as strong if not stronger than the moments you rode a bike 10km up a hill to meet that one girl and get your first kiss, the moments at summer camp you were sneaking outside of the compound into the forest to talk there while holding hands.

And even though some might think I'm crazy and delusional and whatnot, I don't think I will ever be able to get back to the 3d dating, where it is now all about responsibilities and such.

I will much rather chase these childish dreams, relive the times long past and the times I never got to live, because you just grow up so fast. Favorite help you form these dreams and in the end make them come true, because as we know, dreams are the seedlings of realities~

So yeah, so far they managed to do it twice (Mare and Shinku) and we will soon see if they can make it happen for the 3rd time.

And who knows, maybe there are people who get these fluttery tingly feelings with the other characters too, but from the people I talked to they either get them with Mare and Shinku or they don't get them at all (because they don't care about them and are not looking for them).

also... how did this post turn out so long, I just wanted to quickly explain :(

Don't take Steve too seriously, there's plenty of people out there who didn't like Mare but still loved the game.

Oh re-read my post then, I said exactly the same thing there. But of those people nobody reported getting those feelings I explained in the second part of the post, you can still love the stories and all, but you are missing the parts of the game that make it special, above other eroge, the parts that make you obsessed with the game and the character.

And even though obsession might not seem like a good thing, in this case it actually is.

Oh re-read my post then, I said exactly the same thing there. But of those people nobody reported getting those feelings I explained in the second part of the post, you can still love the stories and all, but you are missing the parts of the game that make it special, above other eroge, the parts that make you obsessed with the game and the character.

And even though obsession might not seem like a good thing, in this case it actually is.

I don't think he was asking for this long explanation though, since he himself doesn't seem to like Mare either. You might be too passionate about it. :)

I don't think he was asking for this long explanation though, since he himself doesn't seem to like Mare either. You might be too passionate about it :)

he got what he asked for, so he better read it all! :P

Well Steve, thank you for answering what I think it was a simple yes/no question. Funnerific is right about you being too passionate about it, by the way.

As with my opinion on Mare, she was OK. Bum, period, nothing else. I´m more on the side of Yume. Unlike Mare, she made me cry in her route. It was the first time I cried in a VN.

Also, I haven´t played Iroseka because I don´t know japanese so I can´t say anything about it.

Anyway, thank you for your opinion.

Ps: You (the MC of Hoshimemo) and Yume´s love was stronger. That´s what I think at least.

Its more like I like the other characters, but I LOVE Mare. Favorite is like that, they can make characters you wouldn't normally like in other games very lovable, I explained it a bit in my hoshimemo topic.

Same goes for Iroseka, the girl with the biggest boobs (Kana) ended up for me being the most likable girl out of the normal route girls - where as in other games I wouldn't even touch a route of girl that looks like that.

But whenever I talk to big lolicons (especially JP ones in pso2 or something) or view art or read stuff from the JP artists, its all about the lolis, Mare and Shinku and now Yuuki.

When the information about the new game came out saying that the loli there is not actually the same size as Mare and Shinku 141cm but actually 137cm, everyone was talking about that girl and most of the art is for her as people believe that it will be the main focus of the game.

And that is the point, sure the other characters in favo games are awesome, compared to some other eroge they are on the level of the best heroine in those games, but favorite manages to capitalize on a fetish.

And when you get deep into the favorite design, you can see that. Sure there was Yume in Hoshimemo and some people like her as a character and her personality, but you can just look at how long screen time she had in the game, you didn't even see her for 90% of the game. Where as Mare was there all the time, solving the routes of everyone. Almost like the guiding character for the reader and the protagonist at the same time, helping you to get through the game, while ultimately waiting for you to finally realize that plot armor.

And when you realize that, you just have to see how you two match together, she was there clueless, trying to make you happy by helping you with your love, you trying to discover love with other characters, before making the worst decision of your life by not stopping at yume route. 

And these are the deep moments Favorite helps you discover, these are the moments that make your heart race.

And sure, if you are reading for the story then the stories of the other characters are very awesome, Komomo's story is so good, Kana's route in Iroseka and Irohika is one of the best and most emotional stories I've ever read. But the true romance and the true love and all the dokidoki moments with butterflies in your stomach are with the main loli characters.

It is hard to explain to people who still go outside how good Favorite is at this, since they probably don't even see these things there. These moments are as strong if not stronger than the moments you rode a bike 10km up a hill to meet that one girl and get your first kiss, the moments at summer camp you were sneaking outside of the compound into the forest to talk there while holding hands.

And even though I'm crazy and delusional and whatnot, I don't think I will ever be able to go outside again without being arrested for being a pedophile, where it is now all about responsibilities and such.

I will much rather chase these childish dreams, relive the times long past and the times I never got to live, because you just grow up so fast. Favorite help you form these dreams and in the end make them come true, because as we know, dreams are the seedlings of realities~

So yeah, so far they managed to do it twice (Mare and Shinku) and we will soon see if they can make it happen for the 3rd time.

And who knows, maybe there are people who get these fluttery tingly feelings with the other characters too, but from the people I talked to they either get them with Mare and Shinku or they don't get them at all (because they don't care about them and are not looking for them).

also... how did this post turn out so long, I just wanted to quickly explain :(

fixed that for you