Hoshizora no Memoria: Eternal Heart Translation Project

Steve

I will ask again, please don't talk about random things in this topic, there are people who actually seek information in this topic and if you are talking about c@f streams and whatnot, they cannot find the information. You can answer questions or talk about stuff related to translation, but please don't spam it here with unnecessary posts - there is General Discussion for that.

Thank you.

I will ask again, please don't talk about random things in this topic, there are people who actually seek information in this topic and if you are talking about c@f streams and whatnot, they cannot find the information. You can answer questions or talk about stuff related to translation, but please don't spam it here with unnecessary posts - there is General Discussion for that.

Thank you.

sorry that's my mistake

Fixing grammar errors and such.

allright thanks for the answer

how long are yume's and mare's routes in eternal heart?

Fixing grammar errors and such.

That's proof-reading, not editing. It's a part of the editing process, I suppose, but if that's all you do then you're really just proofing.

Editing is making sure something is ready for publication. An editor on a translation team who doesn't understand Japanese will need a lot of help from the translators, because translation checking is technically a part of the editing process. And a very important part. Most teams split this up into two categories though, because of how hard it is to find editors with a very good knowledge of Japanese. And when I say 'hard' I really mean 'impossible'. Making sure there aren't any errors in the document, making sure ideas are presented clearly, things are logically consistent, and the reader can follow the prose easily etc etc etc. It's a personal process really and there's no set method of doing it. Now, I don't have much experience editing for other people, but I know when I edit my own stories it can take many many many times longer than the actual writing. 

That's proof-reading, not editing. It's a part of the editing process, I suppose, but if that's all you do then you're really just proofing.

Editing is making sure something is ready for publication. An editor on a translation team who doesn't understand Japanese will need a lot of help from the translators, because translation checking is technically a part of the editing process. And a very important part. Most teams split this up into two categories though, because of how hard it is to find editors with a very good knowledge of Japanese. And when I say 'hard' I really mean 'impossible'. Making sure there aren't any errors in the document, making sure ideas are presented clearly, things are logically consistent, and the reader can follow the prose easily etc etc etc. It's a personal process really and there's no set method of doing it. Now, I don't have much experience editing for other people, but I know when I edit my own stories it can take many many many times longer than the actual writing. 

my respect for editers has gone 70 % up, damn i can understand why most visual novels take a long time to be fully patched, thanks for responding :)

If an editor can't speak Japanese, then that editor is only half an editing team on a Japanese translation project. Ideally, an 'editor' on a translation project would either be a) someone fluent and knowledgeable in how to write in english AND have an excellent knowledge of Japanese or b ) really be two people. A tlc with excellent knowledge in Japanese working with a person who has a good knowledge of how to write in english.

So if I was to be an editor on a translation team, I would only be HALF an editor so to speak. I'd need to team up with a tlc etc etc.

Fun fact. You can hire freelance editors to edit your novel before you send it into a publishing house. These editors will also sometimes work as GHOST WRITERS. In fact, some people get confused at the difference between freelance editing and ghostwriting, considering these freelance editors will sometimes rewrite parts of your book for you. Depending...

As I watched the project progress, I observed a constant: No matter how many or how long the delays got, all who worked on the project remained patient with each other and outside life. And, for that, I must extend my thanks. Steve, boomer, Mephisto, OtoP, Defend, Ren,  and everyone else working on final patch, keep the feels alive!

And to the rest of those waiting, I say the same; keep the feels alive!

As I watched the project progress, I observed a constant: No matter how many or how long the delays got, all who worked on the project remained patient with each other and outside life. And, for that, I must extend my thanks. Steve, boomer, Mephisto, OtoP, Defend, Ren,  and everyone else working on final patch, keep the feels alive!

And to the rest of those waiting, I say the same; keep the feels alive!

Thanks for the kind words, it has been stalled on me for a bit. A few other things really have popped up, but I think I should be on track to finish editing this script by the end of this month.