Force me to read something #2

TexasDice

Just now, Fred the Barber said:

I was actually a bit torn but voted for my own nominee. But if I could split it in half, I'd instead put in half a vote for Symphonic Rain and half a vote for Gahkthun.

And now it's a 4-way split

Goddammit, Fred, why did you do this?

You could've voted for Gahkthun and blown Texas' mind :vinty:

So, now that enough time has passed, I am somewhat glad to announce the winner of this little game.

And the winner, with an astounding 25% is...

Spoiler

No One But You from Notneeded Studios

I can't believe it really won. I mean, I was dead sure the people would pick a more obscure title for me to go through.-

But apparently, everyone wanted to see me read an OELVN this time around.

Not gonna lie, I'm really excited for this one, it has great art, a moe look and from what I've heard, all of the routes take an unexpected and dark twist at point. 

-unnamed.png_

:makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina:

Okay, for real this time: 

The real winner, the one and only champion of the vote, is...

Spoiler

Ourai no Gahkthun ~What a Shining Braves~ from Nothonest Soft

gahkthun_main-visual.jpg

I want to thank all 16 voters for their half-assed participation and hereby pledge to read the chosen product in question thoroughly and with utmost care. :wafuu: 

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this VN, since I haven't seen anything but the cover and an h-scene screenshot. Fresh, unexpected and probably somewhat embarrassing - just what I wanted. :illya:

Thanks again everyone, I love you all and promise to be back with "Force me to read something #3". And by "promise" I mean, "eh, maybe if I feel like it". :miyako:

Spoiler

I'll be putting Comyu on the backlog as well though. I'm in the mood to double-down this challenge. 

5 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

So, now that enough time has passed, I am somewhat glad to announce the winner of this little game.

Hide contents

I can't believe it really won. I mean, I was dead sure the people would pick a more obscure title for me to go through.-

Not gonna lie, I'm really excited for this one, it has great art, a moe look and from what I've heard, all of the routes take an unexpected and dark twist at point. 

-unnamed.png_

:makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina::makina:

Hide contents

gahkthun_main-visual.jpg

I want to thank all 16 voters for their half-assed participation and hereby pledge to read the chosen product in question thoroughly and with utmost care. :wafuu: 

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this VN, since I haven't seen anything but the cover and an h-scene screenshot. -Fresh, unexpected and probably somewhat embarrassing - just what I wanted. :illya:

Thanks again everyone, I love you all and promise to be back with "Force me to read something #3". And by "promise" I mean, "eh, maybe if I feel like it". :miyako:

Hide contents

I'll be putting Comyu on the backlog as well though. I'm in the mood to double-down this challenge. 

Hehehe, That was a good one

The most deserving VN won it seems

I am very satisfied now :miyako:

57 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

if Dice is really reading Gahkthun, I'll read it too. I think @Dergonu said was gonna read it too, though that was a while ago and I didn't keep up to date. 

Let's do this!!

Oh shit... At this rate you really will read it before me! :pyaa:

I never thought you actually would. I got careless.

I'll get around to reading it after I'm done with G-senjou and Saya no uta.

8 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Reveal hidden contents

-unnamed.png_

Reveal hidden contents

gahkthun_main-visual.jpg

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this VN, since I haven't seen anything but the cover and an h-scene screenshot. Fresh, unexpected and probably somewhat embarrassing - just what I wanted. :illya:

Reveal hidden contents

Geeze, I was flipping out for a minute there. Go go Gahkthun - hope you enjoy it!

On 2/28/2016 at 2:45 AM, TexasDice said:

Reveal hidden contents

-unnamed.png_

Reveal hidden contents

gahkthun_main-visual.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Meh, it's not Cartagra, but it's still decent. :makina:

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

@TexasDice, I feel like you owe us a status update.

Also, since it seems you've played Comyu (another deserving nominee) in the meantime, comments on that?

Oh, I've decided to drop the whole thing. Sorry. :miyako: :Kappa:

... Okay here's the real story: The Comyu torrent finished around 30 minutes before I mean, Comyu arrived in the mail a while before Gahkthun did, so I simply read it first out of convenience. :wafuu:

Afterwards, I was a little burned out on "anime"-bullshit, so I decided to push Gahkthun back until I could find a moege to read in between.  But there simply wasn't anything untranslated left in the moe corner! :pyaa:

Up until very recently, that was...

In other words: I'll tackle my promise immediately after I'm through Dracu-Riot in it's current state.

Sounds good - find a thread and tell us what you thought about Comyu at some point. I'm almost as big a Comyu fanboy as I am a Gahkthun fanboy, so I'm always curious to see what other people think of it (unless, you know, they didn't like it, in which case they can keep their opinions to themselves).

10 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Sounds good - find a thread and tell us what you thought about Comyu at some point. I'm almost as big a Comyu fanboy as I am a Gahkthun fanboy, so I'm always curious to see what other people think of it (unless, you know, they didn't like it, in which case they can keep their opinions to themselves).

*Starts to open his mouth - reads the post, closes his mouth*

:sachi:just jokes - I had a few problems with it, but there were also parts I really like - if Texas revives the thread I might add my thoughts~