Force me to read something #2

TexasDice

The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.” 
― Samuel Jackson

Now that the quote is out of the way - Hey fellas, it's me, Texas Dice. smalldiewdkt4.png

Here is a short recap: 

The purpose of Force me to read something #1, was for me to break out of my comfort zone and try to engage genres and concepts that I either had no interest in  or was too reluctant to try out. The first thread (which is now lost forever due to administrative fuck ups) turned out to be a huge success, because I ended up being thoroughly entertained by the picked title and considered the experiment a success.

So, what do you want me to do? Finish some VNs that I stalled/dropped? Read your favorite title so we can have a long talk about it? Or did you simply wait for a chance to throw weird stuff at me?

Fear not, because now you can do all of that and more. Here are the Rules:

• Translated only mikestoklasaaxqk9.png

• Keep it easy on the emulators if you can konomifaceemoticong3umi.png

• Don't mention things I already read, unless you explicitly say that you want me to read it again (click on my VNDB/check the Nukige List below) :vinty:

• One suggestion per post  (well played, you cheeky little...) :sachi:

• The 10* best/most mentioned suggestions will be put into a Straw poll in order to decide a winner. 

*2 of those 10 spots are already taken by Comyu and Euphoria, because these two made place 2nd and 3rd in the last poll. 

Since that is taken care of, feel free to once again bombard me with whatever you want; Yuri, Otome, even more Chuuni, All-Ages or even the despicable archnemesis nr.1: Heterochromia; - I'm ready for everything you have!

read/stalled/dropped Nukige List:  elinafaceemoticon41kaba.png

Spoiler

Free Friends

Free Friends 2

Boob Wars

Ultimate Boob Wars

The Sagara Family

Hitomi, my stepsister

Sweet Sweat in Summer

Majikoi S

Nekopara Vol.1

Nekopara Vol.2

Imouto Paradise

Maman Kyoushitsu

Hara Miko Shimai

Teaching Feeling

Iinazuke wa Imouto-sama!

Imouto_ijime

Secret Sorrow of the Siblings

SSSS – Super Sexy Secret Spy

Throb - The Greatest Inventions of the Sexy Era

Touma Kojirou's Detective File

We love Master

Harajuku Dating Paradise

And please be sure to spam the words "Monster", "Girl" and "Quest" another ten-thousand times. I really liked that when you guys did it last time. :miyako:

Strawpoll is live!

35 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Cartagra, KnS , KnS ep 2, Ultimate Boob wars , Shuffle!, Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji and i know i'm not allowed to vote for comyu and Euphoria because of the straw poll but still those two too! :miyako:

Exactly. Play Cartagra. It's a good introduction into the series despite Kara No Shoujo being a better game in my opinion.

If you want to see more outside comfort zone, how about Himegari. I knew it's still not translated yet, but it got what outside your comfort zone. Gameplay, demon MC, sex at the story (Borderline rape), and if you think there's no translation, actually there is, only it was machine translated. Just google nekohen and apply it to Himegari. Some text still Japanese though, but I think that's not quite important imo. The gameplay was not exactly easy either, but after you play this, you probably will be addicted to gameplay VN.

Oh if you want the game that was not machine translated, there's also Kamidori with almost the same gameplay as Himegari, except MC was more nice guy instead of demon, and the sex all vanilla (iirc). Either way, good luck trying the game, and I think I'll recommended more if you asked us.

9 minutes ago, Valmore said:

HOW DARE YOU DROP KIRA*KIRA CURTAIN CALL!!! I DEMAND YOU PICK IT BACK UP NOW!!!:ryuusui:

Not sure I can blame him for dropping it. Found it pretty lacking myself compared with KiraKira. The second half is decent but the first half is... less decent. in my opinion anyway.

What I'm more confused about is that TexasDice apparently finished Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia but not Edelweiss itself:wacko:

Ehh on the actual topic I don't have much... think I'm more in the need to broaden my horizons myself. The fact that Steins;Gate is not on the vndb list is criminal though.

46 minutes ago, Valmore said:

HOW DARE YOU DROP KIRA*KIRA CURTAIN CALL!!! I DEMAND YOU PICK IT BACK UP NOW!!!:ryuusui:

I would actually rig the ballot to ensure this is not gonna happen. :illya:

22 minutes ago, MercyZombie said:

What I'm more confused about is that TexasDice apparently finished Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia but not Edelweiss itself:wacko:

I found out that Sakura had a route in the Fandisk, so I jumped right onto it after reading the swimsuit girl's. After that, I read Ran and half of Haruka and never bothered to finish it, due to a lack of care to be honest. 

I'm tempted to say Fate/Stay Night or something from the Steampunk series, but you already played one chuuni, so I think I'm going to have to go with Symphonic Rain. It actually seems kind of up your alley, being a nakige, but it is all-ages and has an art style that looks a little weird at first (or at least it did to me), so maybe that's what's keeping you from playing it. And you should definitely play it. But if it sounds too comfortable I can look for something else.

31 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Symphonic Rain.

it is all-ages and has an art style that looks a little weird at first (or at least it did to me), so maybe that's what's keeping you from playing it.

I won't deny these words completely, but one of the main reasons as to why I didn't bother reading it, was actually because I tried and couldn't get the translation patch to work properly. "Th e tex t loo ke d kind o f lik e t his" and the instructions I got didn't work. 

But don't let anything influence your title drop. If it happened to win, I would obviously try to make it work. 

48 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

I won't deny these words completely, but one of the main reasons as to why I didn't bother reading it, was actually because I tried and couldn't get the translation patch to work properly. "Th e tex t loo ke d kind o f lik e t his" and the instructions I got didn't work. 

But don't let anything influence your title drop. If it happened to win, I would obviously try to make it work. 

Ahh, I see... that's a shame. I remember having some weirdness with the patch as well, but it wasn't the same (I think mine had no text at all, and was resolved by just installing the font). Well, it probably won't win anyway, and I like it and think you will too, so I'll leave it there.

Do what I did to get out of the High School Charamoege trap and dive straight into the Corpse Party series. It's a standard Supernatural Horror where them High School kids are trapped in da skoo and die glorious deaths.

That'll prepare you for the Double S's, Saya no Uta and Swan Song. Saya no Uta is Psychological with a tad bit of Sci-Fi/Alien Horror and Swan Song is Post-Apocalyptic Societal Collapse Horror

Then you'll finally be ready for euphoria.  

Should probably throw in Cartagra and KnS somewhere in there, not really horror, but them murders can get pretty graphic. It's a walk in the park though if you covered all of the above prior : P

Can I take that summary of your life-changing genre swap as a submission for "Corpse Party"? :vinty:

I need more participants until saturday night, so I summon my loyal fanboys: @Suzu Fanatic, @CeruleanGamer, @Zenophilious@KosakiFag (are you two alive?) @Dergonu and @Flutterz.

Go forth, my comrades. Drop a VN-title and in return I shall drown you in lieks! :Teeku:

I'm not dead, just busy!  :saber:

You haven't read Sharin no Kuni?  I'd recommend that.  It's not weird, but it can be quite strange, and can feel kinda chuuni-esque at times.  Has a really great twist at the end.  Pretty damn good.  As is G-senjou, though that's a lot less odd.  That one's more of a thriller/mystery combo.  Also has a pretty good twist, at least if you can't piece it together.  Haru  <3  Her end is like a kick in the feels stomach.

If you want something that's a little less happy, Swan Song is good.  It's quite dark and a breath of fresh air in all of the happy school settings.  Some sort of natural apocalypse happens, I think, and this group of college-aged young adults band together to survive.  The good end is complete garbage, though, and isn't really worth reading.  It just screams deus es machina.

Not dead, Eyes are jsut giving me alot of trouble, refraining from doing too much reading-type stuff atm =/

That aside, I second Katahane. Pretty dull for large chunks, but some of it was also extremely adorable~

But if you want compelling, I'd go with Sharin no Kuni. (Or Fate/Stay Night, if you're still feeling a Chuuni buzz from Ayakashibito).