One Thousand Lies [Download for free from STEAM or ITCH.IO]

Keinart

Hello and thank you for checking out the thread for my first visual novel: One Thousand Lies. Let me repeat myself here just in case any of you can't see the images of the first post.

One Thousand Lies is a romantic comedy set in a imaginary european town with bits of psychology and philosophy inbetween that won't leave anyone indifferent, and if you can see the pictures above, yes all their characters are pretty lively, so I think you all will have a good time with it. It's about 5 to 10 hours long, kinetic and free, so don't be afraid to check it out!

The download is from Itch.io, just click in the image or visit this link.

In a few days I will have an android version ready too, and the novel is in both english and spanish. Hope you guys like it and let me know if you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Credits:
Writer, programmer, designer, director, translator and guy who suffers from all the stress: Keinart Lobre
Artist: Bonkiru
GUI and other elements: Melelisun (Luna Chai Li)
English adaptation and localization: Gamerbum

30 minutes ago, Keinart said:

Hello guys, if you allow me repeat myself repeat the same message as above, just without images in case someone can't see them for any reason.

One Thousand Lies is my first project, and I've dedicated a lot of work into it so I'm really happy to be so close to release. It's a short kinetic novel, around 5 to 10 hours long. It's comedy with romance in a school setting, with bits of psychology and philosophy inbetween that won't leave anyone indifferent, and if you can see the pictures above, yes all their characters are pretty lively, so I think you all will have a good time with it.

The visual novel is mostly complete, all that is left are just minor details before release and the QA, and here is where I ask for your help. I'm looking for testers and proofreaders, for both english and spanish, to go through it and give me some feedback. Let it be bugs, grammar mistakes or simply your opinion about it, I would appreciate any help.

I'm sorry for not doing this beta public, but I prefer to receive direct feedback from the people that get in touch with me if possible. You can contact in this very thread, via private message, twitter (@Keinart) or at the following email:
keinart (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you for your time, and if you have any doubts, feel free to ask anything!

I've been looking for an excuse to upload VN content to my YouTube channel. If you'd allow, I would totally upload my thoughts and opinions of the game on my account. Here's a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIIgZL8mXl7vOGWKDGfi-eg

31 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

I've been looking for an excuse to upload VN content to my YouTube channel. If you'd allow, I would totally upload my thoughts and opinions of the game on my account. Here's a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIIgZL8mXl7vOGWKDGfi-eg

Sure, that would be amazing, but I would prefer to give you the final version once is done if you are gonna publish it in youtube. Right now is a beta and I want to do proofreading. But once is finally done I'll get in touch with you. Thanks.

37 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

This seems really interesting and i gotta say i love the artstyle. I hope all goes well and wish you guys the best of luck!

I'm looking forward to it's release (also nice that you included another lenguage besides English) :sachi:

Thank you! I really appreciate your words, making a visual novel is more work that one would expect :)

Just now, Keinart said:

Thank you! I really appreciate your words, making a visual novel is more work that one would expect :)

Yes a lot of people understimate what goes on when it comes to making Vn's and think it's just a simple game when in reality is not true at all and it has it's own set of tricks and complications.

17 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Hey, since you seem to already have two languages down, would you be interested in having someone help translate the VN to Portuguese? 

If you are, then would you be interested in having someone help translate the VN to brazillian portuguese (Nosebleed's is european) as well?

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Hey, since you seem to already have two languages down, would you be interested in having someone help translate the VN to Portuguese? 

Look at this kid! Taking responsibility as someone who wants to translate as a career and doing it in his native language no doubt. I'm so proud of you!

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

1 hour ago, Rose said:

If you are, then would you be interested in having someone help translate the VN to brazillian portuguese (Nosebleed's is european) as well?

Woah, that would be kinda amazing actually, I never expected people offering themselves to translate it but sure, if that's ok for you!

I'm gonna send you girls a private with more info if you are up to it

53 minutes ago, Rose said:

Why? :jinpou:

In formal writing there's very little difference between Euro-Afro Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, there's even a formalized agreement for writing standards that all predominantly Portuguese countries signed. The difference is mostly in spoken dialects. In other words, a single Portuguese translation would serve all countries. Which was what I thought was the joke you were going for.

Before I forget: Ziva best girl! Diniz sounds like quite a character I must add.

43 minutes ago, Valmore said:

In formal writing there's very little difference between Euro-Afro Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, there's even a formalized agreement for writing standards that all predominantly Portuguese countries signed. The difference is mostly in spoken dialects. In other words, a single Portuguese translation would serve all countries. Which was what I thought was the joke you were going for.

Huh, it's actually quite hard for brazillians to understand the european portuguese, sometimes incredibly so. I don't know if it's the same for them, but our languages are considerably different as of now. As you said, we do share quite a few rules and "merging" the languages seems to be somewhat of a goal our countries are aiming to achieve, but we're not quite there yet.

33 minutes ago, Rose said:

Before I forget: Ziva best girl! Diniz sounds like quite a character I must add.

Huh, it's actually quite hard for brazillians to understand the european portuguese, sometimes incredibly so. I don't know if it's the same for them, but our languages are considerably different as of now. As you said, we do share quite a few rules and "merging" the languages seems to be somewhat of a goal our countries are aiming to achieve, but we're not quite there yet.

Well, Brazil only put that agreement into full effect this year though it was signed quite awhile ago. I wonder if the standardization favors the Brazilian form over the European, which would make sense snice the population of Brazil is substantially the largest. Anyway I thought you were going for that joke and it turned out to be a male/female joke instead.

Both Portuguese and Brazilian people prefer reading stuff in their native dialect as it makes it easier to understand what's written. It's very apparent whenever something is written in one of them and although for Europeans there's usually no big issue understanding Brazilian Portuguese, we still prefer using and reading the European variant whenever possible, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a game with both.

I have to say that it looks really interesting.

The idea of putting the introduction in the form of a conversation gives you way better understanding and interest in the characters. 
The characters are awesome and the character designs look great.   

I had a small question about the protag, I see that you are playing the joke about the usual trend of invisible-protag by him not getting a sprite here but does he get one in the game or not?
Seeing that the protag has a good strong personality it wouldn't make sense to make him 'invisible'.

37 minutes ago, FinalChaos said:

I have to say that it looks really interesting.

The idea of putting the introduction in the form of a conversation gives you way better understanding and interest in the characters. 
The characters are awesome and the character designs look great.   

I had a small question about the protag, I see that you are playing the joke about the usual trend of invisible-protag by him not getting a sprite here but does he get one in the game or not?
Seeing that the protag has a good strong personality it wouldn't make sense to make him 'invisible'.

Thank you, I'm glad you find it interesting!

About the main character sprite, well, not really. I've followed the trend of making the main character invisible since everything is narrated in first person, and it kinda has a purpose doing in that way in the game, but I'll keep it in mind, if more people consider it a pity I may give him a face.

14 minutes ago, Keinart said:

Thank you, I'm glad you find it interesting!

About the main character sprite, well, not really. I've followed the trend of making the main character invisible since everything is narrated in first person, and it kinda has a purpose doing in that way in the game, but I'll keep it in mind, if more people consider it a pity I may give him a face.

Not being a self-insertion story, I really think it would be better to give him a face.

38 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

This seems interesting and Luce looks a bit like Saber (F/SN):P so that's always a good thing:wafuu:.
I can give you a hand with the spanish proofreading if you want and be a tester at the same time (?) XD 

Totally! Basically with tester and proofreader all I want you guys is read the novel normally, then in case you find something, from a typo to a sprite incorrectly displayed or anything let me know. And even if you don't find anything and just give me your opinion about the game it's ok.

I'm gonna send you a private message with some links and more info. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...