Who would read a parody of modern america in an alternate universe

I was thinking of making a visual novel about the police state in america but on a completely different planet with different species. It would be just like it is in america and the premise of the game is...

"You are a rookie officer in the (name of country) forces and you want to help the people of your nation by being an outstanding officer that follows the constitution. The problem? The force breaks every law in the book and has special privileges. How will you survive as an officer in a force where good officers are sent into dangerous situations with no back up, get shot by off-duty officers during "mistaken" situations, get blackmailed, commit suicide (in some of the most impossible to be suicidal ways), and get framed all the time.

You will have to decide when being good won't get you killed.

You will have to do some dirty stuff to keep you "credibility" up with fellow officers.

You will have to do "busy work" that will lower your public respect but get you promotions. 

A rookie can't stop a system so you have to work your way up and collect as much dirt as possible. On top of that, you will have to worry about the prosecutors and judges who are also on the corrupt side.

For hard mode, choose a minority race for your character."

Just now, Kaguya said:

I'd do it if there was an evil route where you go full corrupt.

Yeah its called commander mode. You are the police chief and you have to undermine the rights of citizens in every shape and form. You have to give police unions ungodly powers, set up extortion policies, and try to get away with everything while still keeping your job.

The longer you can stay in power, the more your corrupt culture will spread across the state.

1 minute ago, Valmore said:

Can I be Native American on hard mode? If so I'm in, especially if you add a type-in option so I can pick my tribe.

that would be pretty cool. But the game MUST be in an alternate universe so white people don't freak out. Native american cop would automatically face ridiculous amounts of racism from the department alone day 1.

It certainly would be refreshing in the landscape of english visual novels.

^person who doesn't know shit about english visual novels and that you should ignore.

(just try to stay subtle in your criticism, american literature for example seems to be plagued with uninspired "social critique".)

1 minute ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

that would be pretty cool. But the game MUST be in an alternate universe so white people don't freak out. Native american cop would automatically face ridiculous amounts of racism from the department alone day 1.

But that would be hard mode, right? Minority cop character?

42 minutes ago, Down said:

It certainly would be refreshing in the landscape of english visual novels.

^person who doesn't know shit about english visual novels and that you should ignore.

(just try to stay subtle in your criticism, american literature for example seems to be plagued with uninspired "social critique".)

In all honesty, I think my future in the gaming industry will be the "piss you off with culture!" kind of developer.

Black Sands is a counter to white washing while telling a story about ancient aliens and the founding of Egypt. 

This one would be a game about being a good officer in a police state. Similar to being a good stormtrooper in an empire.

I would pick other controversial topics like Spartacus or the Thug cult in India's rise to power.

I love history and the most controversial parts of it.

40 minutes ago, Valmore said:

But that would be hard mode, right? Minority cop character?

That would be Prepare to Die mode. From day 1 they will be screwing you over. There is max suspicion at the very start lol.

then god forbid you are not a christian O_O