Psycho Pass— Mandatory Happiness is coming to the west this autumn

gill008

5 hours ago, gill008 said:

I am looking forward to that because of the script writer,  Urobuchi Gen

Really? Then you should stop looking forward, as he is not related to this script at all.

Scenario

Fukami Makoto - Akane/Kogami/Makishima Episodes
Kanan Ren - Main plot, Kunizuka/Karanomori Episodes
Myougayajinroku - Tsurugi's route
Sakurai Hikaru - Kagari/Masaoka Episodes
Sunaaku Gan - Ginoza Episodes

17 minutes ago, Decay said:

He came up with the concept and was a writer for the anime. He wasn't really involved with this VN, though.

"Concept" means anime story, world and characters I believe. 

Anyway there is another famous name in writers: Sakurai Hikaru
I am not a fan of this particular writer, though.

I don't know much about it, but it seems to be more of a companion piece starring different characters, and not an adaptation, so I think it's probably best to watch the anime first. 

Speaking of which, I think I stopped like four episodes from the end of the first season, I should probably finish it eventually.

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

Anyone know if I would need to watch the anime before playing this? 

I see on poster and screenshots all the old character cast from anime. So I suppose that would be sort of sidestory. Anyway there is no point not to watch anime first, as it is quite good.

Wasn't a big fan of the anime since they pretty much replaced common sense with plain gore. I've rarely seen an anime where the characters were so eager to 'outdumb' each other like in this one. And the biggest offender were the police like usual - they even made Gotham police look smart and that's saying something. Even my hamster could have gotten gangster boss with ease in this city.

And who the heck designed those rediculous police weapons which require so much preparation time that the opponent can buy a rocket launcher meanwhile come back and still has enough time to blow up the bearer?!

Dropped this one midway since the characters were simply too pathetic. Urobuchi did a much better job with Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

The VN would have to improve a LOT to make me interested.