Fire Emblem Fates

LiquidShu

I promoted 3 characters as soon as i could to make game more easy (farm girl to merch, kaze to master assasin and archer to sniper)... still thinking about whom i want to pair with who, will there be kid characters in thisone too?

Which class do you think is more powerfull in thisone? So far i like ninjas and Jakob (not sure which class he is)...i mostly just throw them in a middle and they kill everything....

Also, dem dragon seems useless at castle defence, am i missing something? she is around lvl 20 already....

11 hours ago, Zebhra said:

I promoted 3 characters as soon as i could to make game more easy (farm girl to merch, kaze to master assasin and archer to sniper)... still thinking about whom i want to pair with who, will there be kid characters in thisone too?

Which class do you think is more powerfull in thisone? So far i like ninjas and Jakob (not sure which class he is)...i mostly just throw them in a middle and they kill everything....

Also, dem dragon seems useless at castle defence, am i missing something? she is around lvl 20 already....

Kids are still in the game, yes.

Dread Fighter is pretty crazy, I've been having plenty of fun with it.

Birthright Lilith - Heals

Conquest Lilith - Damage

Revelations Lilith - Both

I just finished Conquest, and here is a few pieces of advice from me.

1.  Ditch Felicia as soon as you get Niles and have her married off to someone.  She is one of 'those characters' who start out in a master class and only seem useful at first.  Unfortunately, for long-range, Niles is better and for stat debuffs+damage, Kaze is even better. 

2.  Marry your protagonist to someone in the second generation (the kids), Flora, or Shura.  If you want all the kids you can get, you have to keep the protagonist from marrying anyone someone else can marry.

3.  I really, really suggest you abuse online functions to obtain skills that are otherwise unavailable for your characters.  In particular, getting Aptitude (even if it is from hackers) on your protagonist, Azura, and a few other select characters makes it immensely easier to grow useful characters.  In addition, I advise getting -faire skills for the weapons your characters specialize in, as that adds 5 damage on top of whatever you were already going to deal.  When having kids, the last skill in line always gets inherited, so I suggest you do your Aptitude abuse before you get kids and set it into the last skill slot.  Having Aether on your physical attackers is also helpful, lol.

4.  Don't bother building relationships in the course of the regular game... do it in castle attacks and the dlc battles.  Conquest's story battles get progressively harder toward the late game (the true end boss and the battle at the wall being a serious pain in the butt due to the level setup)

5.  Promote your infantry axe-wielders into Dread Fighters using the Dread Scroll (applies to both versions).  To be blunt, the axe/club infantry classes in this game suck.  Everything kills them and their stat growth is horrible for everything except hp (and mediocre for strength, which is stupid).

6.  Use Mozu.  I'm going to say it again.  Use Mozu.  Seriously, if you max her out as Arms Master, she is one of the most powerful characters you can have in the endgame, especially if you take the time out to grab some decent skills from the online portion (such as Lancefaire and Aether).

7.  Ditch all characters that begin as a second class other than Xander.  I'm serious.  Xander is a credible threat even in  the endgame, especially if you pair him with someone with high attack power.  His range 1-2 sword, Siegfried, makes him really deadly and he has the range of the cavalry classes to work with.  However, all the other ones that begin as a master class tend to be somewhat weak/fragile in the last part of the game. 

8.  The kids rule the battlefield.  Because you can basically set them up with the skills you want them to inherit, in addition to whatever skills that come with their base class, some of the kids are a serious powerhouse already... and once you level/promote them, they are even more useful than their parents in most cases (I ditched Niles for Nina immediately). 

9.  Flying classes are your transport ships.  Some of the endgame levels have some really annoying gaps and harsh terrain.  I turned every character I could (other than the protagonist and Elsie) into a wyvern or pegasus knight and used them as fast troop transports throughout most of the game.  The downside of his strategy is vulnerability to archers... but that is what switching is for (put the other character in the front at the end of the turn. 

10.  Elsie is your friend, but you need to use every skill-boosting item you can on her.  Her magic growth is incredible, but her Skill stat growth is virtually nonexistent, so when you promote her, she will have an immensely powerful magical attack that can't hit half the enemies.  The stats you want built up on her are skill, speed, and magic (so she can hit twice accurately on most enemies).  Adding on one of the skills that boosts evade and/or critical and she becomes a fairly useful powerhouse healer/mage that won't die quite as easily. 

11.  Azura rocks... if you get rid of the Songstress class.  Make her a Pegasus Knight (her first option) or Great Lord (the item gained from the free DLC allows this).  Either way, you can take advantage of her spear skills and natural tendency toward high speed and skill growth.  For some reason, most people seem to keep her as a Songstress, but the utility of her ability to give other characters another turn is pretty limited, when you consider how fragile the class is.  She was my best flying damage dealer at the end of the game (dealing a total of 46-60 damage with an upgraded Killing Spear if you counted her tendency to almost always attack twice). 

12.  Beruka is a tank, as long as she doesn't meet any archers.  Her defense growth is pretty high (she maxed it by level 12 in my game, as a Wyvern Lord).  If you want a flyer who can absorb damage, she is a decent choice, and she deals some pretty good damage herself, using upgraded handaxes (I had a Handaxe+3 on her) and/or Iron or Steel Axes.

13.  Kaze is your friend.  You want to get every treasure box in this game, but you also don't want any limp pieces of meat on your battlefield.  As such, Kaze is going to be a good friend in the late game, letting you ditch the normal archer classes (Niles and Nina) entirely.  His kid Midori upgrades to the Merchant class, which is really good as a late-game archer class, and she is also one of the few characters who can upgrade into the Mechanist class.  Teaming Kaze up with someone who has a high movement stat will let him open all the chests in the late game, as long as you don't get him killed... and like the Assassin class of earlier FE games, the Master Ninja is a pretty deadly opponent.

14.  Last of all... make sure you have your protagonist powerful by the time you get into the late-game (past 20) chapters.  I won't spoil it, but there is a battle that can be seriously hard if you haven't upgraded him properly in one of the later chapters.

4 hours ago, Clephas said:

I just finished Conquest, and here is a few pieces of advice from me.

1.  Ditch Felicia as soon as you get Niles and have her married off to someone.  She is one of 'those characters' who start out in a master class and only seem useful at first.  Unfortunately, for long-range, Niles is better and for stat debuffs+damage, Kaze is even better. 

4.  Don't bother building relationships in the course of the regular game... do it in castle attacks and the dlc battles.  Conquest's story battles get progressively harder toward the late game (the true end boss and the battle at the wall being a serious pain in the butt due to the level setup)

5.  Promote your infantry axe-wielders into Dread Fighters using the Dread Scroll (applies to both versions).  To be blunt, the axe/club infantry classes in this game suck.  Everything kills them and their stat growth is horrible for everything except hp (and mediocre for strength, which is stupid).

6.  Use Mozu.  I'm going to say it again.  Use Mozu.  Seriously, if you max her out as Arms Master, she is one of the most powerful characters you can have in the endgame, especially if you take the time out to grab some decent skills from the online portion (such as Lancefaire and Aether).

7.  Ditch all characters that begin as a second class other than Xander.  I'm serious.  Xander is a credible threat even in  the endgame, especially if you pair him with someone with high attack power.  His range 1-2 sword, Siegfried, makes him really deadly and he has the range of the cavalry classes to work with.  However, all the other ones that begin as a master class tend to be somewhat weak/fragile in the last part of the game. 

9.  Flying classes are your transport ships.  Some of the endgame levels have some really annoying gaps and harsh terrain.  I turned every character I could (other than the protagonist and Elsie) into a wyvern or pegasus knight and used them as fast troop transports throughout most of the game.  The downside of his strategy is vulnerability to archers... but that is what switching is for (put the other character in the front at the end of the turn. 

14.  Last of all... make sure you have your protagonist powerful by the time you get into the late-game (past 20) chapters.  I won't spoil it, but there is a battle that can be seriously hard if you haven't upgraded him properly in one of the later chapters.

Fire Emblem as usual.  I can't think of any game where when this advice is generalized it doesn't apply.  All second classes are generally really "meh" due to being promoted early, special classes like Dread Fighters usually rule the battlefield (lol Boyd) and the hero promotion tree is usually good too, and classes that can use all weapons are pretty amazing too.  Flying units have always been cheesy units, even more so back in the games where rescue fighting was a thing.  And the protagonist being ~5 levels above everyone else near the 3/4 point is just a given.  Considering you use him in every single mission, you will want to use him, and because he is a key unit, you don't want to game over due to a random crit.

Really, it's just going to be entertaining to play the damn game for me.  Even making unoptimal build compositions usually doesn't wreck you if you make a good plan and execute it.

3 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Anyone know where I can find cheap Fire Emblem amiibos? I wanna unlock the rest of the gang. :( 

Also, anyone else doing Lunatic/Classic? 

Mhmmm.  I switched because normal was too easy.  I wonder if there is Lunatic+ like I think I remember seeing awakening have.  That would be seriously entertaining; figuring out how to beat a cheating AI.

12 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Mhmmm.  I switched because normal was too easy.  I wonder if there is Lunatic+ like I think I remember seeing awakening have.  That would be seriously entertaining; figuring out how to beat a cheating AI.

no Lunatic + unfortunately. Lunatic+ in Awakening was just all stupid AI with cheesy ass skills anyway like Hawkeye, Luna+, and Counter. Easily outsmarted by "corner turtling".

But Conquest Lunatic/Classic is like so much harder than Awakening's Lunatic+/Classic because the maps and unit matchups just dont favor you at all.... Plus you cant grind without DLC because My Castle battles dont give you any EXP, only support levels.

I dont have Revelations since I didnt get the special edition but I heard it's the hardest one out of the 3 games.

I just finished Birthright. It was amazing, and although it does kind of feel like its own game, I'm still going to get Conquest (and also the third version when it's out) for sure!

It's kind of hard to talk about my experience with Birthright without spoiling too much about it. All I'll say is that it was on par with Awakening, and knowing that Conquest is better than Birthright, I'm sure it'll be as good or better~

Finally finished Conquest today, clocking in at a total of 65 hours played on Classic with Hard mode. Fucking hell this game was tough. I had to start stages over a bunch of times due to having my best units die on me because of stupid mistakes, and like nearly all of my units died in the endgame lol. They weren't joking when they said this version is punishing and unforgiving. Can't even imagine how difficult it is on Lunatic. It really is a great game though, and the overall cast in this game is probably my favorite. Selena is best waifu btw. Now i'm on to birthright. 

Word of advice: level up Mozu. She may seem weak at first, but she will end up becoming your most powerful unit throughout the game. I switched her to an archer class and she just kicked ass and easily killed most bosses for me. Just have to be careful versus magic users, as her resistance is pretty low. 

5 hours ago, TheFantasm said:

Revelations release tomorrow, and I still haven't finished Birthright. Think I'll grind out the rest of it tonight. Has anyone here bought the map bundle, and if so, is it worth?

Only a few of the maps have released so far, but if you're going to play conquest than i recommend it. It's hard to level up units since you can't really grind at all, with gold and weapons being very scarce as well. The maps that released really helped me out with this. 

I've bought all 3 games and yet I'm still on the first (birthright). I've been playing it for 100+ hours trying to max supports by chapter 16. Insane? Yes. I plan to play it again with the female Kamui/avatar for both birthright and conquest and eventually revelations. I've yet to pair anyone off but almost all supports are capable of S by now. I'm going through and watching each to collect them for the record keeper thing. The game is fun and of the few maps I've played of Conquest I'm sure the rest of the games will be as well. 

Birthright I will likely be pairing my main character off with Scarlet no idea what I will be doing for the other games/genders or any of the other characters yet.  

I've also bought the dlc map pack (and the second map pack is basically harvest scramble so I'll pick that up as well when it inevitably releases). I have been holding off on doing the beach rumble or whatever it's called simply because the premise sounds like something that would work best with Revelations. The museum dlc is essentially a rare item finder, the experience and gold dlc are pay to win on Conquest (but same as last time for the other two games...there if you want them), the awakening dlc is interesting for those who played Awakening because we find out where Fates takes place in the timeline. The DLC is decent so far but not really worth the cost of a second game although that could potentially change with the yet to be released dlc. 

On 3/12/2016 at 8:48 AM, kyrt said:

I've bought all 3 games and yet I'm still on the first (birthright). I've been playing it for 100+ hours trying to max supports by chapter 16. Insane? Yes. I plan to play it again with the female Kamui/avatar for both birthright and conquest and eventually revelations. I've yet to pair anyone off but almost all supports are capable of S by now. I'm going through and watching each to collect them for the record keeper thing. The game is fun and of the few maps I've played of Conquest I'm sure the rest of the games will be as well. 

Birthright I will likely be pairing my main character off with Scarlet no idea what I will be doing for the other games/genders or any of the other characters yet.  

I've also bought the dlc map pack (and the second map pack is basically harvest scramble so I'll pick that up as well when it inevitably releases). I have been holding off on doing the beach rumble or whatever it's called simply because the premise sounds like something that would work best with Revelations. The museum dlc is essentially a rare item finder, the experience and gold dlc are pay to win on Conquest (but same as last time for the other two games...there if you want them), the awakening dlc is interesting for those who played Awakening because we find out where Fates takes place in the timeline. The DLC is decent so far but not really worth the cost of a second game although that could potentially change with the yet to be released dlc. 

Jeez... 

My free time has figuratively been eaten by this game series. I decided to play Conquest at the same time and while i technically play casual mode I do restart whenever a character dies (also playing hard mode) so whatever I guess. I don't think I will max supports on Conquest as it took way too much time to do so for Birthright and honestly it feels as if some of the replayability will be gone if I do that again. I also played the first chapter of Revelations (chapter 6) and I have to say i think that has the best opening of the three games. It just works better. I'm hoping to beat Conquest and Birthright and start Revelations before too long. 

I need to finish this series soon because there are a number of other games I really need to get around to completing or playing from this and last year. Enjoying the games though despite them sucking away my free time.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SilverLi said:

Alright US lucky bastards. Release date for Europe is today. I bet all of you already completed the game and it is gaining dust on the shelf? But I don't care.

Pretty much :vinty: I actually sold mine. 

It was a fun game though so enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

I took a break of fire emblem after beating Birthright now I'm  back to playing Conquest and am about halfway through it so I can join in discussion of euro buddies. I'll be honest I am quite disappointed at the lack of the festival dlc getting released. I'll get around to revelations at some point this year. Conquest is quite a bit harder than birthright though. I've held off on picking up the heirs of fate dlc packs until they announce the festival ones.