Android Visual Novel [Let's play visual novel on the go!]

Widi

But VNDS misses quite a few visual effects, especially when you consider that the upcoming port is based on Realta Nua.

Speaking of which, PC Realta Nua uses the Hollow Ataraxia engine, so it'd be theoretically possible to use it as the basis for a Hollow Ataraxia port.

• 4 weeks later...

Well...dead topic is dead?

Anyway, I got Heaven's Feel to work in English with Kirikiroid2. Using the restoration patch R9 makes the translation work although I doubt it can be played through the full game because there will probably some crashes along the way that needs an xp3filter.tjs. I tested how it is by playing through the prologue and so far there's no major problems. It crashed a few time whenever a dialogue was voiced but other than that, it seems to work fine.

Using the official patch on HF like Fate and UBW won't work because the app itself can't recognize the patch files within the faterealtanua_savedata folder. They're playable, but only in Japanese. Heaven's Feel is the only one playable in English with Kirikiroid2.

Also, don't know if people know, but FHA is also playable in English (using the latest patch released from Beast's Lair) with Kirikiroid2. Enjoy your portable Fate games people~

Looks like Type Moon is going to port Fate to every single electronic device on earth. I'm waiting for HD remastered version on PS4 in the next 5 years. Wish they would just move on and continue with Mahoyo, but I guess it's hard to stop milking it when it generates so much money.

In other news, there's an onscripter port on android that plays Tsukihime almost perfectly. It's called Onscripter Plus (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onscripter.plus&hl=en) and it's a big improvement over the really outdated original onscripter port from sourceforge. Compatibility is crap at the moment, but for games that are playable, they are pretty good. Monster Girl Quest have weird buzzing sound, but is playable. Narcissu, Tsukihime, and Kagetsu Tohya are fully playable with perfect sound (old onscripter port bad quality sound). I've tried some other Japanese doujin games and they work as well.

First post should be edited to include these new ports. They're pretty big additions for Android IMHO. Playing G-Senjou or Kara no Shoujo on the go is pretty sweet.

You forgot Realta Nua which was ported to PC. And now with IOS/Andorid, it should be complete...I think.

This one is debatable.  Realta Nua on PC uses the Hollow Ataraxia engine while PS2 RN did not.  Also Realta Nua isn't exactly a completely different product compared to the original 2004 Fate/stay night.

Regardless, I was mainly referring to platforms.  PC already had Fate/stay night in some form, so Realta Nua on PC isn't a case of Fate/stay night being available for a new platform.

edit- I got the Realta Nua Fate game to work. Used patch file from FHA and the game booted. Only problem is having the game to play in English. Tried moving the patch files to the faterealtanua_savedata folder, but it doesn't work. Tried moving it to the game folders and it obviously also didn't work. If I may ask how did you get HF to play in English? Also, do you have any other patches?

Exactly which files should be deleted?

I have only one version, which installs itself as "all in".

Exactly which files should be deleted?

I have only one version, which installs itself as "all in".

I'm not sure. I added the patches myself so the number of patch(x).xp3 may be different. I know one of them which is the voice.xp3. The other is the Realta Nua patch which is around 302mb. In my case, it was patch8.xp3. If you delete those two files, the regular Fate should be playable on Kirikirioid2. Those two files crash the game because there's no patch to workaround them to make them playable. It will either not boot or crash as soon as a voice plays.

I would suggest to just play the Realta Nua version of the PC game, but since the English patches don't work, I suppose that's not much of an option. Unless you can read Japanese.

• 3 weeks later...

So have anyone tried to play fate/hollow ataraxia on their device?

I am currently playing fsn using vnds interpreter and am going to finish it soon n would like to continue with fha

No one converted F/HA to VNDS yet since the English translation was finished just a month ago.

I also literally JUST finished with the last route of F/SN in VNDS ^_^

EDIT: I created a request thread here, so you can go there to support the idea if you want :3