Android Visual Novel [Let's play visual novel on the go!]

Widi

There is following virtualisator, aimed at strategy games, but potentially fit for VNs as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eltechs.es

Personal experience:

X-Change 3 (eng) - random characters instead of english text.

Sagara Family - runs with ok speed with voice, no midi music. Not full window( Pair of TurboDosbox + win98 never got sane speed here.

Kara no Shoujo, Ever 17 - didn't run.

Tried on Galaxy Note 10.1

Will try to check more in free period.

Tried out stuff, not bad so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkjl5bhujjoqhc0/Screenshot_2014-05-01-00-43-50.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's russian fan group currently making VNDS Yume Miru Kusuri port and made Swan Song port for android habakiri recently.

Whether they can be convinced to put english scripts in is another question)

On a side note, anyone interested in Kagetsu Tooya for onscrpter+? I am making conveted script from 0.52 translation to be more fit for app. Basically, replacing missing features and random symbols somehow snuck in.

I might upload it somewhere but not sure whether it would count as warez or not.

There's russian fan group currently making VNDS Yume Miru Kusuri port and made Swan Song port for android habakiri recently.

Do you have a link to the Russian fan group's website?

Whether they can be convinced to put english scripts in is another question)

On a side note, anyone interested in Kagetsu Tooya for onscrpter+? I am making conveted script from 0.52 translation to be more fit for app. Basically, replacing missing features and random symbols somehow snuck in.

I might upload it somewhere but not sure whether it would count as warez or not.

If you want, you can upload it to the Downloads and Requests section in Fuwanovel once you're done fixing the scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are VNs made specifically for the Android device, apparently. Most of them are crude and stupid, but there are few of a particularly noticable sort. For one, Yesterday, a game not dissimilar to The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us. It is recognized as a VN by the Appstore, and it's pretty damn awesome. Another one (This one is particularly awesome, in my opinion as good as any other VN), a short game with three paths, called Nanolife. In the short time you play it, you form a bond with your player, and you choose for him, and then you act as him, and every choice you make affects both the story and your character's personality. Believe me, you'll be feeling this one.

Well, there are VNs made specifically for the Android device, apparently. Most of them are crude and stupid, but there are few of a particularly noticable sort. For one, Yesterday, a game not dissimilar to The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us. It is recognized as a VN by the Appstore, and it's pretty damn awesome. Another one (This one is particularly awesome, in my opinion as good as any other VN), a short game with three paths, called Nanolife. In the short time you play it, you form a bond with your player, and you choose for him, and then you act as him, and every choice you make affects both the story and your character's personality. Believe me, you'll be feeling this one.

I just finished nanolife, and man what a game! Reminded me of SAO, except 1000 times deeper. I never knew you could make such an impactful story in 1 hour of gameplay... I highly recommend it for anyone with an android device :D

1 hour of gameplay? I thought it was more like 15 minutes... I agree though, I can't believe how easily I got attached to the little bugger Chaz (Or Chux?). I don't think much of SAO when I think of Nanolife, but hey, they are similar. Try out Yesterday, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished nanolife, and man what a game! Reminded me of SAO, except 1000 times deeper. I never knew you could make such an impactful story in 1 hour of gameplay... I highly recommend it for anyone with an android device :D

OH! NOW I REMEMBER! Your sprite is the Ibn Al something-or-the-other from the Android market, right?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had PC hardware problems that are still not fully sorted.  I would go into more detail, but this username is my "anonymous" internet name, and giving these PC details could result in people connecting this profile to my "non-anonymous" username that I commonly use on the internet.

Oh and there's supposed to be an Android and iOS port of the Fate route that's being developed.

I've had PC hardware problems that are still not fully sorted.  I would go into more detail, but this username is my "anonymous" internet name, and giving these PC details could result in people connecting this profile to my "non-anonymous" username that I commonly use on the internet.

Oh and there's supposed to be an Android and iOS port of the Fate route that's being developed.

Fate, all the 3 routes, is fully playable on vnds, I'm more interested in porting Ataraxia when its released.