REAL Zero Escape: Trust on Trial in Los Angeles

Eclipsed

Eyy I always have perfect timing when it comes to reading VNs, because as soon as I finish Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward it gets announced that they're doing a Real Life Zero Escape thingy in Los Angeles :ryuusui:

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/zero-escape-themed-escape-room-opens-april-15-los-angeles

"Aksys Games and SCRAP Entertainment, in association with Spike Chunsoft, will open an escape room based on the Zero Escape series on April 15 at Weller Court in Los Angeles, Aksys announced.

“Real Zero Escape: Trust on Trial” features an all new custom scenario centered in on the Zero Escape universe and puts players inside a locked room with only 60 minutes to escape.

Tickets go on sale on February 29. Visit the official website here."

~~

So, any Californians wanna hmu when the time comes :makina: 

I was kind of wondering how global the "escape room" thing was. We have them in Seattle too, and I did one for the first time a few weeks ago. It was very entertaining, even for someone relatively uncomfortable around strangers / anti-social like me. If you've got the opportunity and a couple of friends who are interested, you should give it a try (even if it isn't a Zero Escape-themed one...).

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard about this room a little while back and I envy anyone who will be able to take part in it. :3 I'd go there in a heartbeat.
I did take part in a live escape room once before and it was a lot of fun, so I hope this one will be as much as fun to anyone who decides to go there!
LOL for the Zero masks, clover bookmarks and axes. xD Wouldn't it be great if 9 cosplayers went into one of those rooms at once...

Also, I kind of envy people who give the series their first try nowadays. I played VLR right after its release in EU, so I didn't miss out on the despair when it was announced that ZE3 wouldn't be happening anytime soon (if at all).

1 hour ago, Nayru said:

Also, I kind of envy people who give the series their first try nowadays. I played VLR right after its release in EU, so I didn't miss out on the despair when it was announced that ZE3 wouldn't be happening anytime soon (if at all).

Come at me bro, ZE3 was put on hiatus like 3 days before I started playing VLR.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I went to this yesterday and I have to say, if you really get into it you can actually believe you're in a true game like in 999/VLR. You even get to wear the watches and use them to open several doors. (And while there was a puzzle involving addition of the numbers on the watches, there was nothing on digital roots, sadly)

While I won't divulge much, I should say that there is a very good reason Clover is on the poster. Plus, there's a lot of neat easter eggs scattered in the escape room that link back to the game.

The only real issue I had with it is that in our escape, one of the teams discovered that their puzzle was more-or-less solved and left the rest of us for dead until the game master informed them that, yes, you still have to help the rest of us who are solving it the good old fashioned way. (ie do the human version of tapping every part of the screen and see if there's an answer there)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Shit shit SHIT I'm going to this tonight with my onee-san, wish me luck guys, hope I (I mean we) can escape and don't die, dw, I played the ENTIRE Zero Escape Trilogy, seasoned veteran pro status, ggez.

I heard the success rate is actually pretty low, like < 10% of all groups that went >.>

Don't get trapped forever, Eclipsed. Nobody else has a cute Louise avatar. We're counting on you to come back alive!

We died bois ;-; and no one noticed my legit Zero Escape: VLR watch, QQ. They gave loaned us cheap ass bracelets with numbers painted on them for the duration of the event though (I was #2, Snake, ahaha)

My gawd this shit was so hype and fun!!!

We signed our souls away so can't reveal anything explicit, but the puzzles were actually quite challenging, you're left dumbstruck with no idea what to do more often than you would like; me and this one gal would always comment "this is nothing like the games!!@#" while we fumbled around like idiots >.> but once you finally connect dots and make progress, it felt EXTREMELY satisfying. 

It was very intuitive how they made teamwork an essential element to successfully escaping; really a "Trust on Trial" indeed.

We ALMOST made it, we were on the very last part, but unfortunately our time was up and so we-

They use music from the games of course, I kinda lost track of what exact tracks played since I was so focused on the escape (maybe like one or two VLR tracks on loop?) but when you get notified that there's 10 minutes left and then and Consternation plays, you just know you're fucked >.>

~~
Pics!

Spoiler

IRudnkd.jpg (1440×810)
Only the girls actually played the series, the dudes were just Real Escape Game connoisseurs

Va48beG.jpg (1440×810)
Me and my onee-san. Yes I blurred her face, fk off 

SF7h9ww.jpg (699×1251)
Because why not :makina: