Latest news! Mangagamer has already end their partnership with winged cloud!

Dark_blade64

Hmm, it was for 'creative diffrences', it seems.

We all know Winged Cloud for what it is, good or bad, but this'll probably be somewhat of a big hit on Mangagamer's sales, as let's face it, Winged Cloud's titles sell rather well

This'll most likely be recognized as a good thing nontheless, as Winged Cloud could clean their act by quite a lot, but we'll see what'll happen in the future.

5 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Nice to see? Why? Sakura shit series are probably source of high income for Mangagamer. Stupid, short titles, but sellings are really high. I can't see why it is a good news.

While that's true maybe now MG can move on to better things instead of the Sakura shit show that's been going on also hopefully Winged cloud will realize the error of their ways....and hahaha...as if that were to ever happen :miyako:

At least this time MG placed quality over money when it came down to making a decision :sachi:

40 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

While that's true maybe now MG can move on to better things instead of the Sakura shit show that's been going on also hopefully Winged cloud will realize the error of their ways....and hahaha...as if that were to ever happen :miyako:

At least this time MG placed quality over money when it came down to making a decision :sachi:

More money from shit to Mangagamer - more money to spend on releasing 'risky', quality titles. 
That's how I see it. ;)

Just now, Vorathiel said:

More money from shit to Mangagamer - more money to spend on releasing 'risky', quality titles. 
That's how I see it. ;)

Yeah but i'm sure they milked the sakura shit enough already..i mean at some point it will hinder and damage their credibility to the point of no return....i don't even remember how many Sakura games there are already :amane: 

giphy.gif

Now to kick myself back to BUSINESS MODE. Just a reminder of the 2015 sales...

For the third-party titles the top five are:

1. HuniePop
2. Beach Bounce
3. The Menagerie
4. Divine Slice of Life
5. Sakura Santa

See #5? That's from Winged Cloud. This was rather stupid of Mangagamer from a business standpoint. But then again, Winged Cloud has a habit of jumping around publishers like a whore sleeping with different men every 3 hours. 

3 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Now to kick myself back to BUSINESS MODE. Just a reminder of the 2015 sales...

For the third-party titles the top five are:

1. HuniePop
2. Beach Bounce
3. The Menagerie
4. Divine Slice of Life
5. Sakura Santa

On other hand, yes it was a fairly stupid thing from a business standpoint, but however we don't know all the details, and now it's possible for WC to jump with Sekai as they were making Sakura Dungeon together with MG and Sekai

4 minutes ago, MercyZombie said:

It is odd though that it seems they are going back to Sekai Project. You would have thought they already burned that bridge.

Wingled Cloud reminds me of the women I read in my NTR VNs. Like they just got raped and tortured by some old fat guy, in this case Sekai Project, and then they come crawling back to him wanting more and right up the ass. 

8 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Wingled Cloud reminds me of the women I read in my NTR VNs. Like they just got raped and tortured by some old fat guy, in this case Sekai Project, and then they come crawling back to him wanting more and right up the ass. 

Now isn't that a lovely image.:makina: I guess money is money after all. It's just that I remember Winged Cloud being pretty vocal about Sekai Project after they broke up.

Which I suppose makes the dysfunctional relationship metaphor fit even more:illya:

As much as I think the Sakura series is shit, I don't know why this would be good news considering they had a pretty big audience that would likely generate a decent amount of revenue for MG, as evidenced by the Sakura games always being in the top sellers list.

But hey if they have creative differences, what can you do.

I'm sure each party knows what's best for them so I'm not going to condemn either.

I am however secretly happy I won't be seeing more Sakura games from MG

2 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Go to hell Winged Cloud. I wish Sekai Project was principled enough to drop those dumb fucks too. But money talks, and as long as people keep buying this trash, Liberty will keep doing his thing. 

There are people who liked some of their titles, such as Sakura Santa! Why must you wish death unto us all because your objective opinion contradicts some other people's?

Okay, maybe you don't like the company. That's fine. I still maintain some people like the company, and it makes me sad to see your august self so excited over their perfectly profitable business practices.

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

As much as I think the Sakura series is shit, I don't know why this would be good news considering they had a pretty big audience that would likely generate a decent amount of revenue for MG.

But hey if they have creative differences, what can you do. I'm sure each party knows what's best for them.

Pretty sure "creative differences" is a polite way of saying "we can't possibly release this with our name attached" to which WC replied "huh, why, I think this is perfectly fine".