Recommend me some anime

Kaguya

I'm actually kind of a scrub when it comes to anime :komari:

...I guess anything that's not slice of life, comedy or romance goes? I mostly like action and dark stories, I guess. Oh, depending on the romance it's fine, I guess. If it's a super submissive girl or a yandere I'd watch it. 

Oh, I also don't wanna watch anything with schools or schoolgirls and whatnot. VNs got me more than tired of this setting, thank you very much.

EDIT:  If possible, no old anime. I'm fine with whatever art in VNs, but I want my anime new, shiny and visually pleasing. If you can't think of anything else it's fine, though. 

Also I will absolutely noy watch anything with a wimp protagonist, they're literally hitler and I can't stand them. If possible, no pervert or ally of justice type either. Oh, and I also won't watch anything with a tsundere. 

EDIT 2: By scrub I mean I only watched about 200 of them. No need to suggest me super popular stuff, I probably watched it already :kosame: 

That's about it. 

5 minutes ago, luciodragao said:

oh i just remembered one, psycho pass, never watched the second season, but the first one is really good in my opinion

I watched both, it's pretty good, yeah.

Though the first one was bad. 

7 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Only Shingeki no Kyojin that comes to mind.

Because I'm also an anime scrub. :sachi:

Also Btooom! may fit your taste, it has survival battle royale theme in it.

I didn't like Btooom!. It felt plain bad. I also disliked the protagonist. 

SnK was kinda fun. 

2 minutes ago, luciodragao said:

i have no idea what this is about since it's still airing and i dislike watching something that isn't finished yet but it seems pretty good, boku dake ga inai machi, check it out

Looks interesting at a first glance, I'll check it out once it's done airing.

Feel free to keep the recommendations coming, I want some anime to watch now.

8 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

Higurashi: When they Cry

Black Bullet

Corpse party is trash :komari:

I did enjoy Higurashi and Black Bullet, though. Also, corpse party and higurashi have schoolgirls, which I said I don't want. Plus the protag of BB is super annoying :kosame:

I enjoyed those two anyway, so I guess that's that. 

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

Lol, I remember you made almost the exact same thread like a year or 2 ago, and I still recommend the same thing I did last time. Monster, by Naoki Urasawa. I think you would also like Kaiji, but just be warned that it takes a few episodes to get used to the art style.

moster moster and moster. I still remember Johan saying "僕を見て" while pointing his finger to his forehead. Amazing!

PuRbrZo.png

Make a MAL, it's too stressful recommending stuff to someone who's just going to say they've watched it already :komari:

Two already-suggested things that I support:

Black Lagoon - dark, action, dash of drama. Seems right up your alley. Best "girls with guns"-focused show I've ever seen - usually those kinds of shows don't come with interesting characters, but this one does extremely well on that front. Season 2 is better than Season 1, but the OVA (after Season 2) is garbage.

Darker than Black - Dark, action, superpowers. Good stuff. Just watch Season 1 - Season 2 is ok, but nothing to write home about.

What else...

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - because giant robots. Not as dark as the above two, but by no means is it a shiny happy show. You'll probably like it.

Haibane Renmei - Hard to describe. It's not action, romance, or drama. It's closest to SoL, but to call it that would completely miss the mark. It's dark at rare times. Haibane Renmei is just Haibane Renmei. It's not what I associate with you, but I have a feeling you might like it anyway. It's also a little on the old side, so the style is going to look a little off, but it nonetheless looks good.

10 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Make a MAL, it's too stressful recommending stuff to someone who's just going to say they've watched it already :komari:

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I found a  show or two that'll probably be worth watching, though I watched most of them already.

...And no way, I don't care enough about anime to make a MAL. It'd be kinda pointless too, since I don't remember most anime I watched until someone mentions them. With VNDB I was lucky to keep a list of what I read beforehand, lol.