strange problem in some games

In some games I have this strange problem where if a character speaks it does something like this, let's say a character wants to say "you are stupid" what I get is "yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-" until the line ends.

Not all games have this but quite a few do have and it's annoying.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

It's this kind of stuttering effect.

In some games I have this strange problem where if a character speaks it does something like this, let's say a character wants to say "you are stupid" what I get is "yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-" until the line ends.

Not all games have this but quite a few do have and it's annoying.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

It's this kind of stuttering effect.

could u be more specific as to what VN is doing it since ive played alot of VN's and not come across it once

I don't have any specific example, it's just that I have tried some and they had this problem. I don't remember really which ones exactly had this problem, I just know that quite a few have this problem.

It's like the game has a problem loading the audio files or something.

Stuttering audio likely occurs due to your computer being unable to process all the data instantaneously. It is most likely merely lag on your part instead of any issue with the audio files. It could be possible that your audio software is defective, but that is highly unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

95% of these errors are from your computer's sound card. Check for driver updates, or try the program on another (more-powerful) computer if possible. If you're running a VN (especially a newer VN) an an older computer, this will happen from time to time (hardware limitations or outdated drivers).

I'm sure it's because my computer is old but here's something strange. I played Steins;Gate, with the english patch it works fine but when I install the Japanese untranslated version I get this problem again. How is it that it works with the patch but not without it? Isn't it strange that applying the patch also fixes the audio problem?

I think I solved the problem!

It's a very simple solution.

1. Go start->Run

2. Type "dxdiag"

3. Go to Sound tab

4. Set the hardware sound acceleration to full. You can try the other levels but full will work the best.

Thanks for the update, I'll archive that for future issues. Thanks :D