In dire need of some romcom

Nayleen

10 minutes ago, ロル ビち said:

gave free an 8.

snk a 10. 

im... not the right person to rec you. (but high school dxd seems 2 meet ur requirments)

SnK suffered from one issue imo which was pacing and exposition in comparison to the manga, and I don't usually judge based on original material - which might not be entirely fair, but eh.

Free! was the shit, though. Don't be hatin' because you're insecure.

I also keep re-evaluating most stuff after some time, and just hit whichever feels appropriate right after finishing.

2 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

Finish Hyouka if you haven't

Does it ever pick up? It feels like moe blob with Ms "I'm curious!". Pretty art style, though.

Just now, Nayleen said:

Does it ever pick up? It feels like moe blob with Ms "I'm curious!". Pretty art style, though.

I don't recall the anime relying on any "moe". It's more about the characters.

It does pick up but not fast. It's been a long time too so you shouldn't trust my pick too much.

Hyouka is not a romcom though? And if you thought it was slow, I don't think you'll enjoy the latter episodes much more. I was bored throughout the whole thing and like Soulless Watcher said, the ending is pretty meh and doesn't give you much (if anything). This show gets too much credit just because KyoAni. It's really not that good, especially if you don't like the main characters.

On to recs though:

Working S3 is where all the plots and subplots get solved so maybe you want to give it a 2nd chance?

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou. Really fun show with a pretty charismatic cast of characters.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is freaking hilarious. Go watch it.

Hataraku Maou-sama! is quite comedic and probably a good choice to just sit back and relax. Ending is kinda open, though.

Kotoura-san has the most depressing first 10 minutesever but the rest of the show is really fun. Has a conclusive ending.

Outbreak Company is a fun take on a fantasy setting with lots of weeb shit.

Ore Monogatari!! One of the most original series in recent memory with an absolutely beautiful romance coupled with plenty of comedy.

Servant x Service. This one was refreshing for featuring actual adult characters in a working environment. It's really fun and has sort of a conclusion.

Seto no Hanayome. My favorite romcom of all time and what I believe to be the romcom genre's magnum opus.

School Rumble. A classic, although it's mostly just comedy. It's good comedy though.

Can't really think of any more right now, you probably already have your backlog full and aren't going to watch half of these anyway.

Some of my favorites from your "plan to watch" list, none of which is a simple rom-com, but all of which have elements of one:

- Welcome to the NHK. The humor is pretty dark at times, but nonetheless hilarious, and at its core it is definitely a rom-com.

- Kokoro Connect is more drama than anything else, but it has a lot of rom-com going on as well, and it's just plain excellent. If you like the series, watch the OVA too - it's basically just another 4-episode arc (the pacing of the show is such that this feels like just another section of season 1).

- Usagi Drop isn't romance, but it is a comedy and a story about love. While it's definitely not what you've asked for, maybe it's what you're looking for.

Edit: Forgot to mention one important point: all three of these easily meet the "something needs to actually happen" criterion.

Per your request, I would be inclined to describe in incredible detail the immense degree of the shit-tierness of your list, but I simply do not have the time.  And my freshly sprained ankle hurts like hell.

Look at your list.  No Kimagure Orange Road.  No Ranma 1/2.  No Tenchi Muyo.  No Ichigo 100%.  No Onegai Teacher.  No High School DxD.  No Maison Ikkoku.  No School Rumble.  No Marmalade Boy.  No Ai Yori Aoshi.  No OreShura.  Not even a DNA2 or Tenshi na Konamaiki.  Not one trip to El Hazard.  I'm not even trying yet.  No Urusei Yatsura tells me you're racist against aliens.

Fujishima-sensei gets the shaft too?  DAFUQ?!?  Go watch Ah! Megami-sama and Taiho Shichauzo immediately!  At the very least the OVAs and the first TV series for each.

Shit-tier indeed.  Go watch HomoGeBu and tell us how great the story is like the girls from Haganai. :komari: