- Kimanor

QC

- Zenophilous

- ocdc

- Fukukaze

Proofreading

- Forgetful Frank

- ocdc

I won't be taking applications any longer, except for the image editor, who may or may not even come

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Mid-project AMA

Quoted, because I'm lazy as all hell

So, there's been quite a few questions swirling around this project and I. Now I'm here to answer those questions you might or might not have, but first, I'll answer the most pressing questions.

Q. Why JP > FIN > ENG and not JP >ENG

A.  Well, there's a reason for this. I started this progress as a self-learning project, as I will need good English skills for the field I'm aiming to. The other reason is to just brush up my grammar in both of the languages, as I have a horrible habit of putting commas everywhere I can. 

Q. Self-learning project?

A. Yes, I started this project not as a honest translation project, but more like a self-improvement journey, nothing more, nothing less. But as time went on, I did want to give this my all. If I wouldn't have, I could've just translated this in solitude, by myself.

Q. Why TL a nukige?

A.  Well, I chose this title for three reasons.

One, it was just translated to my native language when I picked this project up.

Two, I very much adored the art style and saw numerous people wanting an ENG translation for it.

Three, exactly because it's a nukige is why I felt comfortable to not to TL it straight from Japanese. From when I read it translated, the story wasn't anything special, yet still interesting enough for it to be enjoyable and not just filler. As it's a nukige, the minor inconsistencies double translation brings wouldn't stick out that much. It gives a little room for inconsistencies and errors.

Q. What do you mean by "checking with a Japanese script"?

A. Well, that's partly for making it of a better quality and partly for my own self-gratification. I wanted to do something with the original script, but as of now, I'm not decent enough with Japanese, so I decided on this. I hope it gives it more quality, but I won't make any promises.

Q. The prologue patch was really low-quality. How do we know that everything isn't as low-quality as it was?

A. It was really shameful, but I horribly rushed it. I should've checked it many times over, but I didn't, which I'm extremely sad about. Although it was terrible, I did fix most of the issues with it, and it now is somewhere around the level where I first wanted it to be. Of course it doesn't reflect the quality of the final patch, as partial patches usually do.

Q. When this is over, what's next?

A. Next will be studying. There won't be new public translation project by me in a while, as I need to get good enough at Japanese. This'll be my last double-translation in VNs, as a self-improvement project should be. However, I am in a few other projects that'll see the light of day at some point. Look forward to it, those who enjoy my work and efforts.

Q. Are you seriously only in high-school? And if so, why did you start the project of this scale?

A. Yes, I'm 17 at the present moment, so I indeed am just in high-school. As for the second part, I just felt like it, and that's the hugest reason. I needed more skills, both in English and in Japanese, so this felt like the best choice. Some of you say that it's foolish for me to start this project, and honestly, if such a backlash would've come in the start, I probably would've trashed this project. But now I've gotten much better in English and I'm seeing the destination, the end of this project in the horizon. I won't give up, I won't allow myself to quit, no matter what everyone says. It might be just my overly prideful and stubborn nature, but I won't give in.

That's about it for starter questions, you can ask me questions of your own where ever you'd like. I'll do my best to answer them truthfully and in the best way I can.

As of 20th of June 2016, I have fully translated Bishoujo Mangekyou -Norowareshi Densetsu no Shoujo-

I started this project at 12th of January 2016, and it has now been 5 months and 7 days when I started this. I must say that the sacrifices I made in order to properly translate this we're all very much worth it, since I wouldn't be on Fuwa if not for this project. I basically halted everything, playing VNs, getting addicted on manga and conversing anywhere else except on Fuwa.

It's been quite rough at certain points, as this is still counted as a 'double-translation' despite me looking it with the Japanese script as well, and if I hadn't been doing so, the quality and how true it stays to the source-material would've been much, much lower. Although it made the translation that much slower, but nonetheless, I'm still glad that I did so, no matter how forged or phoney it might sound on text.

Believe it or not, it has helped me structure my sentences better and get better ay English, as well as Japanese. The team I also pulled together is great and I highly respect each and every individual on it. Thanks.

It's been so much fun, to translate and to get to be a part on Fuwa, and I'm sure it won't be the last of translatiins you see from me. Translation is taxing but incredibly fun and rewarding if you put your mind in it. Thanks everyone for sticking with me and see you next Saturday with the legitimate update.

Congrats man, i always have much respect for the teams that attempt to translate vns, successfully or not. Its a sweet achievement, that you and your team managed to translate one so fast.

As a member of the masses, i thank you and your team very much. I've never played a full nukige before, was never really interested. I'll try this one though, the art looks nice and detailed, plus femdom and no rape!:)

47 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Congrats man, i always have much respect for the teams that attempt to translate vns, successfully or not. Its a sweet achievement, that you and your team managed to translate one so fast.

As a member of the masses, i thank you and your team very much. I've never played a full nukige before, was never really interested. I'll try this one though, the art looks nice and detailed, plus femdom and no rape!:)

Yeah, thanks.

The translation is purely courtesy of me, so if you want to bash me afterwards for all the mistakes I've made, then go ahead.

Also, as I said this won't be my last translation, but it sure as hell will be my last double-translation.

4 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

so if you want to bash me afterwards for all the mistakes I've made

It wouldn't make sense to bash a fan translation, no one paid you money to do this. It's sort of like your charity to the always starving community lol.

Anyway, there's almost always going to be mistakes for fan translations and i think that's totally fine. People can just note the mistakes for your use, if they 'bash' you, they're just entitled greedy people biting at the hand that fed them. This would be different, if they paid you.

Btw, what do you mean double translation? you translated the game for japanese to your native language then to english? 

Good luck on you next Vn, whenever that may be

Just now, DharmaFreedom said:

It wouldn't make sense to bash a fan translation, no one paid you money to do this. It's sort of like your charity to the always starving community lol.

Anyway, there's almost always going to be mistakes for fan translations and i think that's totally fine. People can just note the mistakes for your use, if they 'bash' you, they're just entitled greedy people biting at the hand that fed them. This would be different, if they paid you.

Btw, what do you mean double translation? you translated the game for japanese to your native language then to english? 

Good luck on you next Vn, whenever that may be

I translated it from the Finnish translation with heavy influence from the original Japanese script

Just now, Asonn said:

if you want to tl something you can always help the fuwa ☆ fuwa translations with their shitty doujins:sachi:

so when can I get an early-access patch? 

If you're a proofreading you get the 99%-done patch, but otherwise, nah

I'm thinking about the Fuwa [insert generic, nazi weeb star here] Fuwa Translations

2 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

If you're a proofreading you get the 99%-done patch, but otherwise, nah

I'm thinking about the Fuwa [insert generic, nazi weeb star here] Fuwa Translations

sure, if you don't mind me proofreading it. 

Now that my part is mostly over, I got asked to join Witch Garden TL project as a proofreader, which in this case means cleaning up after the editors, and I accepted, so I'll be doing that on the side.

BiMan will progress in its normal pace and this won't obstruct it in any way, shape or form.