Can't get the english patch for Muv-Luv unlimited to work (SOLVED)

Yet another muv-luv topic. I know, you guys hate this, but I can't seem to find anyone else that has this problem.

I installed Muv-luv. Got it to work and stuff. I followed the guide, worked great.

I read all of Muv-luv Extra. When I went to start muv-luv unlimited, it wants me to mount the CD to play. It would run after I mounted the CD but its not in english.

From what i'm reading Unlimited needs to be installed for the patch to translate it. It's not happening, it's just installing Extra and leaving Unlimited untranslated. Help?

Glad to see someone playing MuvLuv, its a great game.

I remember having some problems with it when i installed (apparently the software doesn't like it when you have 10 virtual cd drives)

sorry i have no idea how to fix this but don't give up!

gona have to suggest going for a fresh install and step by step following a install guide.

i barely remember thiis but when u install, at one point i think it asks you to swap CDs to install the 2nd half.

I've heard this too, However I haven't experienced it. So i'm wondering how they got that.

gona have to suggest going for a fresh install and step by step following a install guide.

i can try that again but I don't have high hopes. I'm going to finish Ayaname's route (Extra) before i try so I don't lose my progress. Tay's Installation guide doesn't have a part where you install unlimited, so anyone that follows his guide would have the same problem I have.

I tried mounted the Unlimited disk. No go. It lets me open the contents, but it doesn't have an installer in it. I'm using the one I downloaded here for fuwanovel.

The installer sn't on the Unlimited disc.

Mount Unlimited, start Muv-Luv, start Muv-Luv Unlimited from inside the game. Then an installer should pop up.

Just tried that. Didn't work. All that happened was Muv-Luv Unlimited started playing but it wasn't in english.

Okay. I reinstalled Muv-Luv and skipped through Sumika and Meiya's routes.

XRKFaz4.png

After finishing their routes the title screen changed to this at it should.

45MdFi2.png

Then I pressed new game and chose start Unlimited.

HaKpRok.png

Then this popped up.

jxPE8aI.png

I alt-tabbed out of the game without pressing OK and mounted my Unlimited.ISO

zI42yCQ.png

I went back to the game and pressed OK. It started to install.

XRQ34J0.png

Install finished.

U4xITZa.png

And English.

Your going to hate me for this. But it didn't work. I'm going out to get some lunch and when i get back I'll post screenshots of exactly what i'm seeing. I don't seem to be getting the same error as you.

Also i'm gunna try to install this on my other computer to see if the same thing happens.

I don't understand why i'm having this problem. It's not like i'm bad at getting stuff to work. I got symphonic rain to work (that is worse than muv luv). When I figure it out, I'm gunna feel really dumb.

Ok here is my problem

Here is the title. As you can see I have finished Maiya and Sumika's routes.

muvluvtitle.png

So I select new game and click on Muv-Luv unlimited

muvluvselect.png

And this error pops up

muvluverror.png

so I mount the Muv Luv unlimited DVD

mountthemuvluvdvd.png

and the game runs, no installation needed. But it's not in English

muvluvjpn.png

I can't read japanese but I don't think I got the same error as you.

「マブラブ(DVD-ROM) UNLIMITEDディスク」をドライブH:に挿入して、[はい]をクリックしてください

Insert Muv-Luv Unlimited Disk into H: drive, then click [Yes]

[はい]…ディスクを入れ替えてからクリック

[Yes]...Because you have swapped the discs click

or something like that

[いいえ]…インスト-ル元ドライブを変更

[No]...Original install drive has changed

or something like that

[キャンセル]…データを読み込まずに続行(またはゲームを中断して強制終了)

[Cancel]... Continue without reading the data (otherwise the game will force close)

or something like that

-Edit-

Woops didn't read problem.

Might not be helpful whatsoever.

Sorry.

yeah I just reinstalled the game on my desktop and the same thing is happening. Perhaps I installed it wrong or something, but i'm just pretty much stumped.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm just going to have to put muv-luv on ice until I solve this.

• 1 month later...

I finally solved this problem

I'm putting this here for others like me that had the problem. When you uninstall muv-luv you must do it correctly. Going into add remove programs and uninstalling it only gets rid of the patch.

When I noticed that I decided to just delete it from the directory. Mistake

To properly uninstall the game mount the Extra cd and select uninstall.

This got me to the clean state. Afterwords everything went perfectly and unlimited worked. Go figure.